Dualmind Archetype (17/17)

Atypical-Abbie

Dualmind is an Archetype of Level 4 and 5 Psychic WIND Gemini monsters with 1500 ATK and DEF for the Level 4s, and 2000 ATK and DEF for the Level 5s, and also some Link Monsters. Each monster has two effects you can choose from when you make them become an Effect Monster, which are similar, but have different uses for the situation you need them in. Along with that, they have ways of getting multiple effects at once, for example with their Link Monsters, and use Dualmindfield to push their monster spam plays to boost up their ATK and DEF. They are based around psychological concepts and the brain and mind as a whole, hence their name and Psychic typing. There is no real reason to have them be WIND though, only to be original.

Main Deck Monsters:

Dualmind Perceptive Thinker

Psychic/WIND/Gemini

Level 4

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the GY. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with 1 of these effects.

● Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Dualmind" monster from your hand, and if you do, it becomes an Effect Monster and gains 1 of its effects.

● Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Dualmind" monster from your hand, and if you do, it it gains 500 ATK and DEF and cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

1500/1500

Dualmind Kinetic Memory

Psychic/WIND/Gemini

Level 4

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the GY. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with 1 of these effects.

● Once per turn: You can add 1 "Dualmind" monster from your Deck to your hand, then discard 1 card unless you control "Dualmindfield".

● Once per turn: You can add 1 "Dualmind" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand, then discard 1 card unless you control "Dualmindfield".

1500/1500

Dualmind Hereditary Angst

Psychic/WIND/Gemini

Level 4

● Once per turn: You can target 1 "Dualmind" card in your GY; discard 1 card, then add that target to your hand.

● Once per turn: You can target 1 "Dualmind" Gemini monster in your GY; replace this effect with 1 of that target's originals effects until the end of this turn.

1500/1500

Dualmind Jealous Insanity

Psychic/WIND/Gemini

Level 4

● Once per turn: You can banish 3 "Dualmind" cards from your GY; draw 1 card.

● Once per turn: You can target up to 3 of your banished "Dualmind" cards; return them to the GY.

1500/1500

Dualmind Cognitive Unity

Psychic/WIND/Gemini

Level 5

● Once per turn: You can target 1 "Dualmind" monster in your GY; Special Summon it in Attack Position.

● Once per turn: You can target 1 "Dualmind" monster in your GY; Special Summon it in Defense Position, and if you do, it becomes an Effect Monster and gains 1 of its effects.

2000/2000

Dualmind Hypnotic Amnesiac

Psychic/WIND/Gemini

Level 5

● Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; negate that target's effects.

● Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; change that target to face-down Defense Position.

2000/2000

Dualmind Bypass Conditioner

Psychic/WIND/Gemini

Level 5

● Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 other "Dualmind" monster you control; it can make a second attack during each Battle Phase, and it gains 1000 ATK, but it cannot attack directly. These changes last until the end of this turn.

● Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 other "Dualmind" monster you control; if it battles, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step, also it can attack your opponent directly, but all battle damage it inflicts is halved. These changes last until the end of this turn.

2000/2000

Dualmind Pain Repressor

Psychic/WIND/Gemini

Level 5

● Once per turn, when this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can destroy monsters your opponent control up to the number of "Dualmind" monsters you control.

● Once per turn, when this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can banish 1 monster your opponent controls or in their GY.

2000/2000

Extra Deck Monsters:

Dualmind Stereotypical Development

Psychic/WIND/Link

Link Arrows: Bottom

1 Normal Monster

Once per turn, if a Gemini monster is Summoned to your zone this card points to: You can activate this effect; it becomes an Effect Monster and gains its effects. All "Dualmind" Gemini monsters this card points to that are treated as Effect Monsters are treated as having both their effects. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can add 1 "Dualmind" card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Dualmind Stereotypical Development" once per turn.

1000/LINK-1

Dualmind Memetic Transcender

Psychic/WIND/Link

Link Arrows: Bottom Left, Bottom Right

2 Gemini monsters

Once per turn: You can banish 1 Gemini monster from your hand or field; Special Summon 1 Gemini monster with a different name whose Level is less than or equal to that monster from your hand or Deck, also if it is a "Dualmind" monster, it becomes an Effect Monster and gains 1 of its effects. All "Dualmind" Gemini monsters this card points to that are treated as Effect Monsters are treated as having both their effects.

1500/LINK-2

Dualmind Therapeutic Judgment

Psychic/WIND/Link

Link Arrows: Bottom, Left, Right

2+ "Dualmind" monsters

If this card is Link Summoned by using only Gemini monsters: You can Special Summon 1 "Dualmind" monster from your hand or Deck, and if you do, it becomes an Effect Monster and gains 1 of its effects. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can return 1 monster this card points to the hand, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Dualmind" monster from your hand to your zone this card points to. All "Dualmind" Gemini monsters this card points to that are treated as Effect Monsters are treated as having both their effects.

2500/LINK-3

Spells/Traps:

Dualmindfield

Field Spell

All "Dualmind" monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF for each "Dualmind" monster you control. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Dualmind" Gemini monster you control; it is treated as an Effect Monster and gains 1 of its effects. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can Special Summon 2 "Dualmind Tokens" (Psychic/WIND/Level 3/ATK 900/DEF 900).

Dualmind Psychoanalysis

Normal Spell

Target 1 "Dualmind" Gemini monster that is an Effect Monster and has 1 of its effects; it gains its other effect until the end of the next turn. You can banish 1 other "Dualmind" card from your GY; add this card from your GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Dualmind Psychoanalysis" once per turn.

Dualmind Activity

Continuous Spell

During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 "Dualmind" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn). Once per turn, during your End Phase, if you control "Dualmindfield": You can draw 1 card for each Link Monster you control (max. 3). You can only control 1 "Dualmind Activity".

Dualmind Memories

Normal Trap

Target 1 "Dualmind" Gemini monster that is banished or in your GY; Special Summon it, then it becomes an Effect Monster and gains 1 of its effects. If you control "Dualmindfield", you can activate this card from your hand. You can only activate 1 "Dualmind Memories" per turn.

Dualmind Soulmates

Continuous Trap

When this card is activated: Special Summon 1 "Dualmind" monster from your hand and 1 "Dualmind" monster from your Deck with different Levels. If either monster leaves the field, banish both monsters If this card leaves the field, banish both monsters. You can only control 1 "Dualmind Soulmates".

Dualmind Breakdown

Counter Trap

When your opponent activates a card or effect while you control a "Dualmind" Gemini monster with at least 1 of its effects: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card, then make 1 "Dualmind" Gemini monster you control become a Normal Monster. If you control "Dualmindfield", you can activate this card from your hand.

Damn. How did I miss this before? I absolutely love what you've done with the concepts of a Gemini monster, giving this archetype a unique take on them while simultaneous buffing them just with your new, unintrusive concept. Let's see whether the cards themselves live up to scratch, hey? of course they will zaziuma made them

As said before, I love how much versatility these cards have, and how some provide you with similar options for differing scenarios while you have one that compliments itself. Really, the only underwhelming effect (not monster) is on Jealous Insanity's returning to the GY effect. It returns targets for your other cards that have been banishing by its first effect or your Psychoanalysis' GK Fusion effect, but this is very situational and it's only a sweetener; more more so than the other "weaker" effects. This is a shame, as I really liked the idea it had of effects complimenting-each-other theme more so than "similar but different" effects. This, I feel, makes more sense when combined with the cards or effects that grant them both of their effects. Ah well, as it stands, none of the main-deck monsters are particularly lackluster, and some of them are really neat.

The activating and continuous effect of Development clash a little, at least imo. Yes, they serve slightly different purposes, and it is a theme with the rest of the monsters, but...I still think it should be something different. Still keep the Gemini support; I like the slight genericness of the first 2 links. Wish the 3rd had a similar genericness for Geminis, but its still very supportive. Actually, yeah; all of these monsters are just supportive. There's no real boss here at the moment, but they do have a win condition in terms of battle.

Really looooooooooooove all of the Spells/Traps. No complaints there, and I am amazed by the flavour and creativity you got up to here. Your monsters have their main quirk but not too much beyond that, and your Link monsters are rather simple, but these cards...weow. Soulmates, Activity, and their conditions to activate from the hand. Lovely. If only the Field had some sort of protection/recycling, but it's probably fine as is.

WIND Psychics with a creative gimmick. I just feel you don't take it too much beyond that in the monster line-up, but that's most personal. The only real solid complaints are the lack of a boss and a slight weakness here and there, but these are also slight. Another great set by you.

Damn. How did I miss this before? I absolutely love what you've done with the concepts of a Gemini monster, giving this archetype a unique take on them while simultaneous buffing them just with your new, unintrusive concept. Let's see whether the cards themselves live up to scratch, hey? of course they will zaziuma made them

As said before, I love how much versatility these cards have, and how some provide you with similar options for differing scenarios while you have one that compliments itself. Really, the only underwhelming effect (not monster) is on Jealous Insanity's returning to the GY effect. It returns targets for your other cards that have been banishing by its first effect or your Psychoanalysis' GK Fusion effect, but this is very situational and it's only a sweetener; more more so than the other "weaker" effects. This is a shame, as I really liked the idea it had of effects complimenting-each-other theme more so than "similar but different" effects. This, I feel, makes more sense when combined with the cards or effects that grant them both of their effects. Ah well, as it stands, none of the main-deck monsters are particularly lackluster, and some of them are really neat.

The activating and continuous effect of Development clash a little, at least imo. Yes, they serve slightly different purposes, and it is a theme with the rest of the monsters, but...I still think it should be something different. Still keep the Gemini support; I like the slight genericness of the first 2 links. Wish the 3rd had a similar genericness for Geminis, but its still very supportive. Actually, yeah; all of these monsters are just supportive. There's no real boss here at the moment, but they do have a win condition in terms of battle.

Really looooooooooooove all of the Spells/Traps. No complaints there, and I am amazed by the flavour and creativity you got up to here. Your monsters have their main quirk but not too much beyond that, and your Link monsters are rather simple, but these cards...weow. Soulmates, Activity, and their conditions to activate from the hand. Lovely. If only the Field had some sort of protection/recycling, but it's probably fine as is.

WIND Psychics with a creative gimmick. I just feel you don't take it too much beyond that in the monster line-up, but that's most personal. The only real solid complaints are the lack of a boss and a slight weakness here and there, but these are also slight. Another great set by you.

Stereotypical Development, not sure what you mean about this, it grants the monster its effect, though only while it points to it does it grant them both. As for your comment about the requirements, I realized the Tokens, which was intended to make Tribute Summoning easier, could be used for more, so I gave them a Normal Monster and "Dualmind" monster requirements for the new Link Monsters so they could be more useful.

Jealous Insanity I do admit isn't the best they have, I threw it in to have some more low Level ones to choose from, and since they also banish their stuff with various effects, Psychoanalysis and Soulmates being the most regular banishing you'll probably do, I figured I would make a card that can take advantage of that, and quickly get back things to the GY for Cognitive Unity or Hereditary Angst to take advantage of.

Dualmind Pain Repressor was what I considered the boss at first, since it's more aggresive than the others are, though Dualmind Therapeutic Judgment has 2500 ATK, or 2800 with the field while on its own, I feel like that's good enough, as the Deck is meant to support using multiple monsters in combination with each other.

Archived