[Written] Koa-ki Meiru Meltdown - Semi-generic Link2

Darj

Koa'ki Meiru Meltdown
FIRE/Rock/Link/Effect
Rating: 2
Link Markers: down-left, down-right
ATK: 2000
2 monsters with different Attributes, except DARK or LIGHT
During each of your End Phases, destroy this card unless you send 1 "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" from your hand to the GY or reveal 1 EARTH, FIRE, WATER or WIND monster in your hand. While this card is co-linked to only EARTH, FIRE, WATER or WIND monsters, neither player can Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck. If this card is Link Summoned: You can target 1 monster you control or in your GY; Special Summon in Defense Position 1 "Koa'ki Meiru" monster from your Deck or GY with the same Type as that target.

Takes the anti-DARK/LIGHT and anti-meta theme of Koa'kis, and with the last effect it intends to encourage the use of Koa'ki as tech, some of which are, or were, already tech-worthy on their own, like Koa'ki Meiru Dragon.

Thoughts? Dunno if the ED Summon lock is deceptively easier to setup than I think.

inb4 thankfully Saryuja is EARTH :v

this a pretty interesting card, the first things that comes to mind that would combo well with this card might actually be the brandished Archetype, and while yes you would be locked out of their spells it would still be interesting to see what kind of combos you could still produce with an archetype that actually points in that direction.

Oh, right... I forgot this card's Link Markers for a moment xD

I will change it to requiring linked monsters only. Otherwise being only functional with up-left and up-right markers makes it too impractical, plus it won't apply the lock if it's linked to a DARK or LIGHT.

Archived