egyptian god cards (have all three!!!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok guys many people have been asking for my advice on the gods and this is what i say to them

the gods are illegal for a number of reasons

1 the effects are not written on the cards

2 they have different colored backs

3 they are ot 3 but 2 tributes

hopes this helps

1. True' date=' however, the japanese version of the god cards the effects are written on the cards.

2. They have?

3. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Obelisk_the_Tormentor

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Slifer_the_Sky_Dragon

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Winged_Dragon_of_Ra

This monster requires 3 Tributes to summon (treated as a Special Summon).

But according to this Obelisk the Tormentor Slifer The Sky Dragon The Winged Dragon of Ra

These Cards Effects in Japanese are still very cryptic, and people just jumped to conclusions about their meaning. For instance

"太陽神は3体の生贄を束ねてその力を得る ただし神を従えし者古の呪文を天に捧げよ"

Translates to:

"Ra shall acquire the power of three tributes. However, only those who offer the ancient incantation to heaven shall God follow."

People Thinks that means:

This monster requires 3 Tributes to summon (treated as a Special Summon). The Winged Dragon of Ra's ATK and DEF are equal to the total ATK and DEF of all 3 monsters Tributed to summon it

That kinda sounds like that, But what's this about an "incantation"? Hmm that almost sounds like the show, and with a lot imagination...

"God shall revive from earth. By offering the Ritual of Revival and his own life, one shall be united with God, and all enemies on the battlefield shall be incinerated."

could maybe mean

"Pay any amount of Life Points and increase "The Winged Dragon of Ra's" ATK and DEF by the amount of Life Points paid."

But in what world does

"In an instant, God shall become a Phoenix, and all evil spirits chosen by it shall repose on earth."

Mean!

Reduce your Life Points by 1000 to destroy any monster on the field.

Yeah I bet that's exactly what the first Japanese Kid who read that thought:lol:. My point is, the descriptions in the links you posted. Are all what people Not Konami concluded from their direct translations and the Manga. Just look at the Japanese card's text for yourself.

g4-003-f.jpg

No numbers at all in the "effect" except for a single "3":?.

Didn't read far enough to see if it was resolved but definetley take out heavy storm for DMA... I mean sheesh, you have ONE dark magician, and dark eradicator, aswell as a dark magic attack. So you have three cards that are dead if you cant get dark magician out, so basically if you draw any of those without a dark magician on the field or a way to get dark amgician out you lose. Also take the sphnixs out their terrible beyond reason. You have far too many cards and tributes for this to be playable as is.

g4-003-f.jpg

No numbers at all in the "effect" except for a single "3":?.

I don't see a single "3". Maybe the "3" is written in Japanese' date=' but not the actual number "3"? Hope that made sense.

[/quote']

It's the actual number kinda. But it's not even written in the same style they usually write it. It's in a very old Japanese style

P.S. Looking at your sig. What is with that guy puts everyone else down. But can't take it himself. What an ass.

I just hate those Egyptian Gods....

WHERE THE HECK DO YOU FIND THEIR EFFECTS!?!?!

Nowhere konami never really made any they're just a promotions. So fans of the show could actually own them. Like Ancient Mew from The pokemon TCG.

if the god cards are so powerfull why would you need 3 on the field at once? seems pointles to make a god deck when the gods aren't that powerfull anyway. ra could have a maximum attack of 15000 (if you sacrafice 3 dragon master knight/ 5 headed dragon), slifer has a maximum of 7000 attack because you don't have "infinite cards" in your deck, and obelisk can have 4000 (or infinity if you use its effect). if you have chimeratech overdragon and 25 machines and future fusion in your deck, it can have a potential of 17500 attack! the god cards are useless for anything accept being very rare. but they aren't as rare as the 3 magnet warriors (from duelists of the roses) and Valkyrion(world championship 4 edition) and i have both of them!

I didn't say your deck sucks. I said the gods are don't have any set limits... really. That said

To teapot king:Many players believe that if you use Obelisk's infinity effect by sacrificing the other two God cards it last for the rest of the duel.

The only way to beat that would be Exodia.

Archived