Circuitrick Archetype [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

I got the spark for this archetype this morning, but I couldn't really get the gears running on how to implement it.  I was led into a engineering board for some other... stuff and suddenly inspiration struck me.

Ok, bad electronic/mechanic/lightning puns aside, I'm actually pretty hyped about how this is turning out.  It is one of my more xenophobic archetypes, but it's a fun challenge for me as a card maker since it is literally all about abusing soft-OPTs and looping the opponent to death.  Here's the prompt/idea I'm working with:

Circuitricks

An Archetype of Thunder, Machine, and Cyberse monsters and a buttload of Continuous/Field Spells/Traps.  Hardly any of the cards do anything on their own.

The idea is that the continuous/field spells create a specific "output" when they get a specific "input".

The Thunders are Level 4 and below and focus on consistency.  However, their primary goal is to activate small effects that are meant to trigger the face up spell/traps.  They all have soft-OPTs, but there are very few in-archetype cards that let them be Special Summoned (meaning it's difficult to take advantage of this).

The Machines are Levels 4+ and they activate powerful effects when there's a specific output. Most of these "outputs" have to come from the Spell/Traps.

The Cyberse are Extra Deck monsters and they "chain" effects together creating huge strings of combos that can end up with the opponent completely out of resources.

As this is going to be a relatively large archetype, I'm gonna try to break it into Thunders, Machines, Cyberse, and Spell/Traps.  Any help with inserting Spoiler text would be greatly appreciated.

Circuitrick Source Sparkie
LIGHT *
Thunder/Effect
You can discard this card; add 1 Level 4 or higher "Circuitrick" monster from your Deck to your hand.  You can only use this effect of "Circuitrick Source Sparkie" once per turn.  Once per turn: You can gain 100 LP.
0/0

Circuitrick Amplifier
Field Spell
You can Normal Summon 1 "Circuitrick" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set.  You can only Normal Summon 1 additional monster by the effect of "Circuitrick Amplifier" per turn.  If you gain LP by the effect of a "Circuitrick" monster, gain double that amount of LP.

Circuitrick Capacitor
Continuous Spell
When this card is activated and you control no "Circuitrick" monsters, you can reveal any number of "Circuitrick" cards in your hand; shuffle them into your Deck, and if you do, draw the same amount of cards.  When you gain 200 or less LP from the effect of a "Circuitrick" card: Shuffle 1 card from your GY into your Deck, and if you do, send the top card from your Deck to the GY.  When you gain 300 or more LP from the effect of a "Circuitrick" card: Draw 1 card, then discard 1 card.

Circuitrick Robo
LIGHT *****
Machine/Effect
If this card is sent to the GY because of a "Circuitrick" card's effect: You can Special Summon this card from the GY.  If a card(s) is sent from your hand to the GY by the effect of a "Circuitrick" card: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it.
1900/1700

Circuitrick Software
LIGHT Links: SW SE
Cyberse/Link/Effect
2 "Circuitrick" monsters, except Link monsters
When this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or Lower "Circuitrick" monster from your Deck to a Zone this card points to.  You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn after you activate this effect except "Circuitrick" monsters.  If a "Circuitrick" monster this card points to activates its effect, you can target 1 other "Circuitrick" monster this card points to; this effect becomes that target's ignition effect or trigger effect.
1600/LINK 2

Only a few cards for right now.  The way I decided to frame it is that the Thunders specifically have LP gain effects, while the Spell/Trap lineup will open up at least 2 playstyles.  The Machines will often take advantage of effects of 2 different Spell/Traps so the overall deck composition can be mixed and matched. (Since I only have 1 Continuous Spell/Trap, the machine takes advantage of both its effects.  I plan to remove that machine and add some new ones once I make more continuous cards).

Anyways, thanks for looking through this!  As always, CnC is much appreciated.

Cheers!

Archived