Pyramid of Light (card ideas and demand-support)

I remember being so gaw-gaw over the Sphinxes and PoL, it was probably the biggest example of being that kid who played archetypes just for the aesthetics. It was not because they gave me a sheet-ton of wins (and trust me, I never got any wins even back then) but purely because they looked cool.

Am I the only one, to this day, who still hopes for Konami to give the deck some support?

I know plenty of card ideas that could make it at least a "stable" deck, with proper searchers, protections, field spells, and draw cards. I'm sure others can think of them too, it really should not be that hard.

Maybe Xyz, Synchro, or Link retrains/remakes that would have a similar, if not the same, element and theme from the original cards. Like a series of level 4 LIGHT Beast-type monsters, with the name "Sphinx" in them, and Andros and Teleia would become better Xyz versions, and have Thenien become this "Super" Xyz monster that requires both of the previous monsters at the same time. 

One idea of a spell card would be a retrain of the original PoL, a field spell called "Pyramid of Light - Giza" and it would be treated as PoL while face up on the field, pay 500 LP and search your deck for a "Sphinx" monster. "Wrath of Anubis" would be a continuous spell that lets you special summon one "Sphinx" monster with it's effects negated, thus bypassing the OG Andros & Teleia's summoning sickness issue.

Anubis himself would make a pretty awesome idea for a card. A Fusion monster? Synchro? Perhaps a Link monster? He'd probably have an effect that says:

"Discard one 'Pyramid of Light' card; draw two cards. Then if, one of cards drawn happens to be a monster with 'Sphinx' in its name: Special Summon it, its effects are negated until end of turn." etc., etc. The ideas could go on.

I know that it will most likely NEVER happen (9 times out of 10; if I can imagine it, chances are it won't happen, I've accepted that) but I feel as though this is a topic still worth talking about. It's been a childhood favorite and a center of nostalgia for me, and to just see it withering away like a past left forgotten feels really sad. It's inevitable but the best I can do is talk about it, I guess.

So, what are your ideas for a "Pyramid of Light" centered deck... ideas that could make the deck more viable. Not necessarily "competitively" viable but definitely something better than what it is right now. 

latest?cb=20070127113902

i don't particularly like to create replacement to original cards.  new support should synergize with the old cards seamlessly and even then in the hopefully rare case when there cards is so terrible a retrain is needed - the retrain could have bonus effect that reward you to run the original card if possible. also i particularly wanna stick with the original format when it debuted for example if its gonna explore other summon mechanic, the mechanic that it will be used will be Fusion or Ritual befitting the DM era. the only 2 exception of this rule is the power level of the support (if the theme is power-crept, then empower it unto the same level as the current format) and/or providing Link Monster if the theme is Extra Deck Heavy

Pyramid of light can stay as its is. but we can give it a instant-activator that can combo with effect-granting perk like Malefic Territory does

with exception to its "summoning sickness" effect, Andro and Teleia is fine as long it got supported with the aforementioned Instant-activators bonus effects on the on field PoL

Theinen sadly is probably the closest to the member that not only need replacement you can't really run the OG along side it, but what must done be done. starting with its summon effect which is kinda decent (with the exception for potential miss-timing) but most of the time is an utter brick that even with its bigger ATK and no summoning sickness  i personally think the 2 lesser sphinx has better effect and damage output.

14 hours ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

i don't particularly like to create replacement to original cards.  new support should synergize with the old cards seamlessly and even then in the hopefully rare case when there cards is so terrible a retrain is needed - the retrain could have bonus effect that reward you to run the original card if possible. also i particularly wanna stick with the original format when it debuted for example if its gonna explore other summon mechanic, the mechanic that it will be used will be Fusion or Ritual befitting the DM era. the only 2 exception of this rule is the power level of the support (if the theme is power-crept, then empower it unto the same level as the current format) and/or providing Link Monster if the theme is Extra Deck Heavy

Pyramid of light can stay as its is. but we can give it a instant-activator that can combo with effect-granting perk like Malefic Territory does

with exception to its "summoning sickness" effect, Andro and Teleia is fine as long it got supported with the aforementioned Instant-activators bonus effects on the on field PoL

Theinen sadly is probably the closest to the member that not only need replacement you can't really run the OG along side it, but what must done be done. starting with its summon effect which is kinda decent (with the exception for potential miss-timing) but most of the time is an utter brick that even with its bigger ATK and no summoning sickness  i personally think the 2 lesser sphinx has better effect and damage output.

The reason why I wanted retrains is exactly that. It's just burn damage, summoning sickness, and that's about it. They're literally in the "so terrible a retrain is needed" zone, as of now. You said it yourself, even Theinen himself is terrible.

PoL itself does pretty much nothing, hence why I came up with "Pyramid of Light - Giza" which would have been a field spell that SEARCHES for those cards, something that is very well needed for the deck, and gets treated as the OG PoL while on the field. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Nightmare said:

The reason why I wanted retrains is exactly that. It's just burn damage, summoning sickness, and that's about it. They're literally in the "so terrible a retrain is needed" zone, as of now. You said it yourself, even Theinen himself is terrible.

PoL itself does pretty much nothing, hence why I came up with "Pyramid of Light - Giza" which would have been a field spell that SEARCHES for those cards, something that is very well needed for the deck, and gets treated as the OG PoL while on the field. 

But its exactly why i personally deem the last Malefic Support is quite amazing. Its fix so many elements without needing to make cards obselete. Even with the fact Malefic has a ton more problem than Pyramid of Light series.

Archived