Z-HERO: Son Goku

DeckBuilderHERO

Attribute: Earth

Type: Warrior/Normal

ATK: 1900

DEF: 1500

Card Text: Son Goku is one of the last remaining full blooded Saiyans in the Universe. Born on Planet Vegeta as Kakarot, he is the son of Bardock and younger brother of Raditz. Goku was sent to Earth as an infiltration baby right as his planet was destroyed but was found and rasied by an elderly man named Son Gohan. Initially wild, an accident caused Kakarot to forget his Saiyan nature, coming a kind and loving boy. While Goku loves to fight, he will step in to help others and has been considered one of the universe's greatest hero. And while Goku rejects the cruel part of his Saiyan nature, he does acknowledge he is a Saiyan, but tells all he is a Saiyan raised on Earth.

Pack debut: Z Saiyan Invasion (ZSI)

Card Number: 001

Serial Number: Random

Notes: Yes, I know I didn't mention Gine, or Frieza being the one to destroy Planet Vegeta, or Bardock sending Goku off because of his gut feeling. Look at the Pack name. This Goku card is based off of the information had back during the original run of DBZ. Some of this information didn't come out until the Namek Saga, or even farther into Z or even Super. So be patient with the information, it will all come full circle at some point 

Z-HERO: Super Saiyan Son Goku

Attribute: Light

Level: 6

Type: Warrior/Effect

ATK: 2300

DEF: 1700

Card Text: This card cannot be Normal Summon or Set. This card can be Special Summoned from the hand by tributing one "Z-HERO: Son Goku" on your side of the field. If this card destroys a monster by battle, it can attack a second time. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. Another "Z-HERO" monster with "Son Goku" in its name cannot be on the field at the same time as this card. Once per turn, you can tribute this card to Special Summon the "Z-HERO: Son Goku" used to Special Summon it from the Graveyard. 

Pack debut: Frieza's Invasion of Namek (FIN)

Z-HERO: Son Goku Super Saiyan 2

Level: 7

ATK: 2500

DEF: 2000

Card Text: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except from your hand by tributing one "Z-HERO" card with who's original name had "Son Goku" in it. When this card attacks, you can it into a direct attack against your opponent. Card effects cannot be activated in response to this card. Damage dealt by this card by this effect is halved during the damage step. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, increase this card's ATK by 500 until the End Phase of your next turn. You can tribute this card to Special Summon one "Z-HERO" monster with "Son Goku" in its name that has a lower level than this card from your hand, deck, or Graveyard.

Pack debut: Return from the Otherworld (ROW)

Card Number: 009

Z-HERO: Son Goku Super Saiyan 3

Level: 8

ATK: 3100

DEF: 2500

Card Text: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except from your hand by tributing one "Z-HERO" card with who's original name had "Son Goku" in it. When this card attacks a defense position monster, inflict piercing damage on that card's controller. When this card destroys a monster by battle, you can select one card on your opponent's side of the field and destroy it. During the Third End Phase after this card is Special Summoned, destroy this card and Special Summon one "Z-HERO: Son Goku" from your hand, deck, or Graveyard but halve its ATK, DEF, and Level until the 5th Standby Phase after this card was Special Summoned. The "Z-HERO: Son Goku" summoned by this card's effect cannot be used as a tribute or as fusion material until the 5th Standby Phase.

Pack debut: Return from the Otherworld (ROW)

Hello, fine person!

I was just gonna pop in and mention that next time please just post a set of cards in the Multiples section, but I figured it wouldn't be fair to leave without making a review.

Generally, I don't usually comment on sets based on media because they are usually made with the original show/book lore in mind over its use in Yugioh. However, I am familiar enough with DBZ to comment here and you also did a pretty nice job adapting it into Yugioh.

All that said, there are a few things that I'd noticed:

- You need to specify where these are all Summoned from. I assume it's from the hand, but it needs to be stated.

- Remove: "Another "Z-HERO" monster with "Son Goku" in its name can be on the field at the same time as this card." from SS. Unless you meant cannot. Otherwise, that part of the effect is redundant.

- SS2 can be Summoned by using SS3. Was this intentional?

- SS3 is very confusing and its effect text is extremely long. Can you explain it? If I understand what you're going for, I can try to help cut it down.

I'll try to make another post later with some text corrections for all the effects.

Cheers!

7 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

Hello, fine person!

I was just gonna pop in and mention that next time please just post a set of cards in the Multiples section, but I figured it wouldn't be fair to leave without making a review.

Generally, I don't usually comment on sets based on media because they are usually made with the original show/book lore in mind over its use in Yugioh. However, I am familiar enough with DBZ to comment here and you also did a pretty nice job adapting it into Yugioh.

All that said, there are a few things that I'd noticed:

- You need to specify where these are all Summoned from. I assume it's from the hand, but it needs to be stated.

- Remove: "Another "Z-HERO" monster with "Son Goku" in its name can be on the field at the same time as this card." from SS. Unless you meant cannot. Otherwise, that part of the effect is redundant.

- SS2 can be Summoned by using SS3. Was this intentional?

- SS3 is very confusing and its effect text is extremely long. Can you explain it? If I understand what you're going for, I can try to help cut it down.

I'll try to make another post later with some text corrections for all the effects.

Cheers!

Thank you for the review and the advice. It's much appreciated. 

In response to your reviews:

I will specify from now on

Yes, I mean cannot, that was a typo.

Yes SSJ2 can be summoned from SSJ3. If I'm wrong, and if I am then I'm a crappy Dragon Ball fan, but I do think the saiyans can go to lower levels of Super Saiyan from higher levels without having to go to base form but I could be wrong

SSJ3's effect is basically, depends on how your cards are set, Goku can basically nuke that part of the field. Even I had trouble typing the effect so the help would be appreciated. 

Thank you friend

Archived