Mightymetal Flying Fortress

Bluvista

I felt that coming here to see everyone's reaction to this card was a good idea before posting it anywhere else. I would like to hear any and all opinions that anyone has about this card, whether it be bad or good. i can also answer any questions you might have.  

Mightymetal Flying Fortress

Attribute: Wind

Level: 10

Type: Machine

Card Type: Ritual

Attack: 3000

Defense: 2500

Effects: 

Can be Ritual summoned using "Machina Ritual" or any other Ritual spell that lists the word "Mightymetal",, and by tributing Machine type monsters, whose combined total level equal exactly 10. Cannot be destroyed by Battle. once per turn, during either players turn, when the opponent activates a spell or trap card effect that would destroy a card on the field or deal damage, negate the destruction, and/or make all damage 0. Then after the effect resolves, Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.  You can only use each of the following effects of this Ritual summoned Monster once per turn, this card is not allowed to attack the turn it uses either of the following effects. 
- Once per turn, during your turn only, if there are no cards in your hand, draw one card, if it is a "Machina" or "Mightymetal" spell or trap card, you may add 1 Machine type monster from your Deck or GY to your Hand.
- Once per turn, during your turn only, You can send 1 Machine type monster in your hand to your GY, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.   

Decided to clean up the text a bit first:

Can be Ritual summoned using "Machina Ritual" or a "Mightymetal" Ritual Spell. Cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, when the opponent activates a Spell/Trap card or effect that would destroy a card on the field or inflict damage (Quick Effect): You can negate the destruction and/or make all damage 0, then inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.  You can only use each of the following effects of this Ritual Summoned monster once per turn, but it cannot attack the turn it uses either of them:
- If there are no cards in your hand: You can draw one card and reveal it. If it is a "Machina" or "Mightymetal" Spell/Trap, you can add 1 Machine monster from your Deck or GY to your hand.
- You can send 1 Machine monster from your hand to the GY: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.

The card looks reasonable.  The first effect (the Spell/Trap negation) is solid, but it is pretty conditional.  The last effect is a little underwhelming (considering how many resources you need to use to summon this) but it follows up with the burn/beatdown theme.  I personally like the fact that this can't be destroyed by battle.  It doesn't need it since 3000 is a pretty high limit, but it is a nice touch in a game where most monsters are weak to battle.

The only personal thing I dislike about the card is that it isn't an EARTH Machine.  The "Machina" archetype are all EARTH monsters.  Even though this isn't a Machina, it touches on the theme, so it feels a bit weird that this is WIND.

Anyway, that's just a personal nitpick.  Overall, I really like the card!

Archived