Magical Musket Sovereign Otto (A Royal Regent with Rifle-Ready-Ruminations to Relay)

Black D'Sceptyr

Magical_Musket_Sovereign_Otto.png

LIGHT/Fiend-Type Effect Monster/Level 6/2000 ATK/2000 DEF

Lore: If you control no Level 6 or higher monsters in the Main Monster Zones (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 "Magical Musket" Quick-Play Spell or Normal Trap from your hand or GY; Special Summon this card from your hand, then apply that banished card's effect turn. You can only use this effect of "Magical Musket Sovereign Otto " once per turn. During either player's turn, you can activate "Magical Musket" Spell/Trap Cards from your hand.

And now we come to the progenitors of a different Deck Build pack - one of the first, even!

These Der Freischutz darlings have had some relative success over the times, but I felt being able to give them a strong finish was a necessity, So to that end, I'm giving the Magical Muskets some more love. 

First up is the Sovereign Otto, based on two different figures -  Prince Ottokar, a "sovereign prince" and the overseer of the marksmanship contest for Agathe's hand for the German opera Der Freischütz (1821), and the Old West cattle baron/sheriff, Otto Franc. Don't like that three-act play being so prevalent in the article?

season 2 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

Stretching for those gif reference, I know, but it won't be a reach for this card to give you advantage. Double destruction with Deseperado, double negation with Cross-Dominator, the list goes on. This being 2000 ATK, a potential 4K beater with Steady Hands, can also put some pressure on the opponent for those not willing to wait for Zakiel to go off. 

Until the next card (which will likely be a Counter Trap, or I may spoil you and show the new Xyz right up front): Reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BD'S, signing off.

Archived