Master Rules Update from Jump Festa

1/x

Screenshot_20191220-200646_YouTube.jpg?r

As of April 1st, in the OCG ONLY, Fusion, Synchro and Xyz monsters will be summonable to the Main Monster Zone in addition to the Extra Monster Zone. The rules for Pendulum and Link Monsters will remain the same. You are not limited to 1 of each.

The name for this update will be “Master Rules (April 1st 2020 Revision)” (not Master Rules 5 or 6 or New Master Rules 2).

They updated the page, Pendulum Monsters that are in the Extra Deck face-down, such as Nirvana High Paladin, can be put anywhere the first time they are Summoned, in other words, face-up cards in the Extra Deck still need to go in the Extra Monster Zone or a zone a Link Monster points to.

Anyway, my thoughts. I kind of hate this, but I can't say that having to play around it was annoying as well, it does make me wonder why the put in all the effort to make archetypes get their own Link Monster, when they wouldn't even need it now, other than Pendulum Decks of course. It's so strange that last time, Pendulums were probably hit the hardest, and now Link Monster Decks are going to suffer, kind of, I mean they were already going to be using the Extra Monster Zone probably, that's how a majority of them are designed, it's more so letting older kinds catch up to them, even though I feel like they weren't that much in need of doing so, since they have so much support with Link Monsters these days. Either way, it does mean that my old Archetypes that were screwed by Link Monsters are back to where they were, perhaps even more powerful since they got an Extra Monster Zone they can use now as well.

Ironically im slightly disappointed with the revision. Sure im also glad that deck that heavily use non-link Extra Deck (other than pendulum) can unleash their full power. But in exchange, other than co-link/extra link shenanigans link monster is pretty much obselete in a distasteful overkill-way IMO. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Ironically im slightly disappointed with the revision. Sure im also glad that deck that heavily use non-link Extra Deck (other than pendulum) can unleash their full power. But in exchange, other than co-link/extra link shenanigans link monster is pretty much obselete in a distasteful overkill-way IMO. 

I still think people will use Link Monsters a lot, Xyz Monsters were everywhere because they were so generic, no reason not to use them, and Link Monsters even more so, they got great effects that boost your plays and add some things Xyzs cannot do. On other hand, you now don't have to jump through hoops to get something out, and there are still a few Decks that were already slow, or that needed the spamability of Xyzs and Synchros that got hurt even more when Link Monsters came that may now be able to make a comeback. I think this could be good for the game overall, I enjoyed that everything could become meta, Xyzs, Synchros, Fusions whatever, though there isn't any Deck that really became meta that wasn't Link focused or had to jump through hoops with Links. I like Link Monsters, they added zone placement that added more thought into the game, along with balance, which is still there for Pendulums, which I am glad they chose to keep, since Pendulums would probably destroy the next format if they were allowed to come back the way they were before.

Archived