The idea of the deck is to lock my opponent of doing certain actions with Ties of the brethren. Thunder king Rai-oh stops both players from searching cards from the deck, Lightning rod lord stops both players from activating spells in main phase 1, Denko sekka stops both players of setting spells/traps while dont have anything set and Zap mustung stops both players from special summoning in the players respective turn until the player attack and reach the damage step. I also added the hunder engine that can spam rank 4 xyz easely. These 2 strategies work well togheter since you can use ties in a hunder member to lock your opponent.

So here the decklist:

Main Deck: 40

Monsters: 17

Pahunder x3

Mahunder x3

Brohunder x3

Thunder King Rai-Oh x2

Lightning Rod Lord x2

Denko Sekka x2

Zap Mustung x2

Spells: 13

Ties Of The Brethren x3

Left Arm Offering x3

Called By The Grave x3

Photon Lead x2

One Day Of Peace x1

Raigeki x1

Traps: 10

Gozen Match x3

Solemn Strike x3

Solemn Judgement x3

Solemn Warinig x1

Extra Deck: 15

Utopia x2

Utopia Prime x2

Utopia Lightning x2

Starliege Palladynamo x2

Abyss Dweller x1

Tornado Dragon x1

Castel x1

Number 101 x1

Constellar Omega x1

Gagaga Cowboy x1

Giant Hand x1

Side Deck: 15

Wattgiraffe x2

MST x2

Terminal World x2

Upstart Goblin x1

Mask Of Restrict x3

Imperial Iron Wall x3

Anti-Spell Fragrance x2

Awesome, thanks.

Full disclosure, I actually played Thunder Stun a long time ago, but I hadn't updated it in forever. With that said, anything I suggest I haven't actually had the opportunity to try out.

The overall skeleton of the deck looks solid, and the strategy feels like it'd work against a ton of decks. For me, there's just a few quirks that I'd recommend moving around/replacing:

- Denko Sekka - Denko is extremely good at what it does, and it might work well dueling against random peeps, but it also hurts your strategy considering how many traps you use. As strong as it is, I'd highly recommend keeping it in the side deck unless you know you'll face a deck that uses a ton of backrow.

- One Day of Peace + Upstart Goblin - Yeah, the deck really needs ways of recouping resources, but these cards are too weak to help in those cases. I have a couple stronger suggestions for replacing these.

- The extra deck lineup is a decent toolbox for countering threats, however, some of them seem a bit redundant. There are cards that open up a wider variety of plays that could be really helpful in a deck like this.

Suggested cards to add:

- Pot of Extravagance -OR- Pot of Desires - For this deck specifically, I'd recommend Pot of Desires. Your Deck has a ton of duplicates and the likelihood of banishing all three copies of the one key card of the deck (Ties of the Brethren) is tiny. Both help recoup your cards faster than One Day/Upstart and you aren't giving your opponent any benefits. The cards also make excellent bait; if your opponent uses a hand trap against then that means you're able to move through your plays without having to worry about that hand trap again.

- Imperial Order/Summon Limit - Both of these cards are powerful floodgates to use alongside the rest of your lockdown strategy. Both are pretty self explanatory. How you'd want to fit them into your Deck is your preference.

- Utopia Double/Bagooska the Terribly Tired Taper - Both of these cards add variety to your Rank 4 toolbox. While not as useful with Links, Bagooska can help slow down the game so you can set up your plays. Utopia Double is an instant one-turn-kill in the right scenario. Unlike the rest of the cards, these cards aren't really answers so much as they allow you to control the game's tempo. Evilswarm Exciton Knight is also legal again if you really like the idea of just nuking everything.

12 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

Awesome, thanks.

Full disclosure, I actually played Thunder Stun a long time ago, but I hadn't updated it in forever. With that said, anything I suggest I haven't actually had the opportunity to try out.

The overall skeleton of the deck looks solid, and the strategy feels like it'd work against a ton of decks. For me, there's just a few quirks that I'd recommend moving around/replacing:

- Denko Sekka - Denko is extremely good at what it does, and it might work well dueling against random peeps, but it also hurts your strategy considering how many traps you use. As strong as it is, I'd highly recommend keeping it in the side deck unless you know you'll face a deck that uses a ton of backrow.

- One Day of Peace + Upstart Goblin - Yeah, the deck really needs ways of recouping resources, but these cards are too weak to help in those cases. I have a couple stronger suggestions for replacing these.

- The extra deck lineup is a decent toolbox for countering threats, however, some of them seem a bit redundant. There are cards that open up a wider variety of plays that could be really helpful in a deck like this.

Suggested cards to add:

- Pot of Extravagance -OR- Pot of Desires - For this deck specifically, I'd recommend Pot of Desires. Your Deck has a ton of duplicates and the likelihood of banishing all three copies of the one key card of the deck (Ties of the Brethren) is tiny. Both help recoup your cards faster than One Day/Upstart and you aren't giving your opponent any benefits. The cards also make excellent bait; if your opponent uses a hand trap against then that means you're able to move through your plays without having to worry about that hand trap again.

- Imperial Order/Summon Limit - Both of these cards are powerful floodgates to use alongside the rest of your lockdown strategy. Both are pretty self explanatory. How you'd want to fit them into your Deck is your preference.

- Utopia Double/Bagooska the Terribly Tired Taper - Both of these cards add variety to your Rank 4 toolbox. While not as useful with Links, Bagooska can help slow down the game so you can set up your plays. Utopia Double is an instant one-turn-kill in the right scenario. Unlike the rest of the cards, these cards aren't really answers so much as they allow you to control the game's tempo. Evilswarm Exciton Knight is also legal again if you really like the idea of just nuking everything.

Well I feel that pot of extravagance can help, however I cant imagine using more than once per duel since it hurts a lot the extra deck. Pot of desires is terrible, doesnt really like to banish cards from my deck only to draw 2 cards. Imperial order is good, but the deck already pay a lot of life points so I prefer using anti-spell fragrance + denko sekka or Lightning rod lord + terminal world to lock all the spells. Summon limit is definitively worthy trying. As for the extra deck, utopia double is ok, but I preffer lightning. bagooska is good. Evilsawrm Exciton knight is good too, but I dont like the idea of not damaging the oponent.

You can always use Exciton Knight during your Main Phase 2 or during your opponent's turn if you want to get around the "no damage" restriction. Utopia Double can be used alongside Lightning (to make its ATK permanently 5000), and it can make regular Utopia have 10,000 ATK for an instant kill.

I can't emphasize how much I really really recommend Pot of Desires. It may sound counter-intuitive, but it really does help a deck like this flow much better. At the very least, it can't hurt testing it, right?

9 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

You can always use Exciton Knight during your Main Phase 2 or during your opponent's turn if you want to get around the "no damage" restriction. Utopia Double can be used alongside Lightning (to make its ATK permanently 5000), and it can make regular Utopia have 10,000 ATK for an instant kill.

I can't emphasize how much I really really recommend Pot of Desires. It may sound counter-intuitive, but it really does help a deck like this flow much better. At the very least, it can't hurt testing it, right?

Youre right about exciton. Utopia double can only have 10000 atk with its spell card which would mean I would have to swwap some cards and all the main deck cards are somewhat essential. As for pot of desires, I just dont think its worthy, its too dangerous. I already tested it before and lost many duels just cause I banned the crucial card with desires, so Im not even considering it, I just hate it.

Archived