Melioda, the Harpist (Ghost Rarity) [PrimeAceJohn]

PrimeAceJohn

rOb6nPE.png

Melioda, the Harpist

LIGHT | Rank 4 | [Fairy / Xyz / Effect]

2+ Level 4 monsters
(Quick Effect): When your opponent activates a Monster Card effect from their hand or GY, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target that monster; negate that target’s effect. This effect cannot be negated. While this card is face-up on the field: Neither player can activate cards, or the effects of cards from the hand or GY, with the same name as a card that was targeted by this effect.

ATK/ 2200   DEF/ 2600

*I do not own this artwork
Edits done by me
Template Cred: grezar (DeviantART)

NOTES:

I guess pretty self-explained. Mainly used to stop those pesky hand traps. The card may not be considered fast-pace but I guess it could do.

To see more of my custom cards, you can check out my DeviantART 

• 2 weeks later...

When your opponent activates a Monster Card effect from their hand or GY (Quick Effect): you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and note that monster name; negate the effect. This effect cannot be negated. Also while this card is face-up on the field, neither player can activate cards or the effects of cards from the hand or GY with the same name as a card that has its name noted by this card effect.

Its pretty fair IMO. Strong but not overwhelming. It can be used to stop opponent resourcing in GY-Based deck (which is almost every deck that neither madolche, or pendulum) but that just the furthest extentions this card power allow. 

• 4 weeks later...

The above fix is mostly correct, albeit missing the targeting part that is relevant when targeting protection comes into the scene. The "note" mechanic may be unnecessary but it's good for making it more user-friendly and it's fun to see it since it's so underused.
My own take on the text is:

When your opponent activates a monster effect in their hand or GY (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target that monster; negate the effect. This effect cannot be negated. Neither player can activate cards, or the effects of cards, from their hand or GY with the same name as any of the cards targeted by this card's effect.

Card looks great to me. It's no Abyss Dweller but unlike Dweller it can stop hand traps so it holds a niche, not to mention it has higher stats. I like that you can use more than 2 materials, allowing you to strengthen the effect if you have the resources and decide to go for it. Actually... it's missing any sort of OPT. I suggest to give it at least a soft OPT to be on the safe side.

Archived