Vantablack Archetype

Bluvista

Hey guys, i'm back. It's been a bit, and I apologize for not being able to keep my schedule. Health problems with both me and other members of my family, as well as trying to keep up with school while sick is really putting on the pressure. Anyway, enough excuses, I promised you all a new archetype almost 3 weeks ago, and here it is. 

The "Vantablack" Archetype. For those of you who frequent the Name an Archetype thread, you might have seen this name. I proposed the name "Vantablack"  a while ago in the thread, and got quite an unexpected treat from the person who replied. However, this is not a continuation of their idea. This is in fact what I imagined the archetype to be. The 'Vantablack" Archetype is a series of DARK/Warrior monsters that employ Ritual Summoning, and burn damage on an unprecedented level. (this list is actually after I've given a fair majority of the cards a nerf or 2, I gave the idea to a friend of mine who helped me make them less impossible to beat. ) (It also contains a special way to Ritual Summon. Introducing, Level-Up Magic Ritual Force! (I'm not actually including the card in this list as it is not part of the Archetype, but note that the Ritual spells in this Archetype have this quirk.)

The Ritual monsters:

(First, the boss monster of the archetype)
Vantablack Absolute Darkness

Level: 12

DARK/Ritual/Warrior/Effect

This card cannot be Special summoned, except by Ritual Summon. This card can only be Ritual Summoned with "Absolute Darkness Ritual". This card is treated as not being on the field. This card cannot be the target for Battle, or for Effects. When this card declares an attack, negate all opponents cards and effects on their field, in their hand, or in their GY. When this card destroys a monster by battle ,inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK or DEF, whichever is higher. When this card destroys an opponents monster by battle, after damage calculation, you can banish 1 monster in your opponents GY, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the original ATK or DEF of the banished monster, whichever is higher. This card cannot attack directly. Once per turn, when the opponent actives a card or effect that would affect this card, you can negate that card or effect, and destroy it. You can only use each effect of "Vantablack Absolute Darkness" once per turn. You can only control 1 "Vanblack Absolute Darkness"

ATK: 4000

DEF: 0

(Trust me guys, this monstrosity of burn damage + control, has already been nerfed. It use to also have a multi attack clause, the ability to direct attack, and it could double the effect damage dealt by every other "Vantablack" Although it is still powerful, it is also difficult to summon. (you'll see later)

(Ok, the next Ritual Monster is also a bit wack, but not as crazy as the boss monster. From here down the list, we slowly decrease in level, and overall strength)

Vantablack Emperor

Level : 10

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Darkness Ritual". Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by Battle or Effect. When this card declares an attack, the opponent cannot activate Spells or Traps. This card can inflict piercing damage. When this card destroy an opponents monster by battle, after damage calculation, you can destroy all cards on the opponents field, and inflict 500 damage for each card destroyed by this card's effect. This card can attack up to twice per turn. 

ATK: 3500

DEF: 2000

(Ok, that's still pretty powerful, but not over the top. )

Vantablack King

Level: 9

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Darkness Ritual". Once per turn, you can destroy one card on the opponents field and if you do, inflict 800 damage to your opponent. When this card battles, the opponent cannot activate Spells or Traps. When this card destroys an opponents monster, you can inflict 800 damage to your opponent. This card can attack up to twice per turn.   

ATK: 3000

DEF: 2500

(Hey, look at that, it really isn't that OP. It's still powerful, but not completely broken/borderline broken)

Vantablack Queen

Level: 8

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Darkness Ritual". You can tribute 1 DARK Attribute monster on your field, increase this monsters ATK by 800 until the End Phase. When this card attacks, after damage calculation, you can lower this card's ATK by 800 until the End Phase, then it can attack again in a row. 

ATK: 2800

DEF: 2500

(Ok, now we have finally dipped into the realm of normalcy regarding strength. )

Vantablack Jack

Level: 7

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Darkness Ritual". When this card destroys an opponents monster by battle, you can special summon 1 level 4 or lower "Vantablack" monster from your Hand or GY, that monster has its effects negated, and is destroyed during the End Phase. 

ATK: 2500

DEF: 1000

(Ok, Final Ritual Monster)

Vantablack Servant

Level: 4

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Darkness Ritual". This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is used as tribute for the Ritual Summon of a "Vantablack" Ritual Monster, you can add 1 card from your deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Vantablack Servant " Once per duel. 

ATK: 1000

(Ok, I understand there are a LOT of Ritual Monsters. (6 in total, yikes) but this deck isn't finished yet. )

(Next is the Main Deck Monsters)

Vantablack Lancer

DARK/Warrior/Effect

When this card is Summoned, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. This card can inflict piercing damage. 

ATK: 1500

Vantablack Reinforcements

DARK/Warrior/Effect

When a "Vantablack" monster other than "Vantablack Reinforcements" you control inflicts damage to your opponent while this card is in your hand, special summon this card. If this card is special summoned by its own effect, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. 

ATK: 0

DEF: 2000

Vantablack Crusader

DARK/Warrior/Effect

If there are no monsters on your field, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card destroys an opponents monster, inflict 500 damage to your opponent after damage calculation. 

ATK: 2000

Vantablack Knight

DARK/Warrior/Effect

Once per turn, if you control another "Vantablack" monster, you can destroy 1 card in the opponents Spell/Trap zone, and inflict 500 damage to your opponent. This card cannot attack directly. 

ATK: 2000

Vantablack Recruiter

DARK/Warrior/Effect

Once per turn, you can discard this card from your hand, add 1 "Vantablack" monster from your deck to your hand. Once per turn, you can banish this card, discard 1 card from your hand, then special summon 1 level 4 or lower "Vantablack" monster from your deck, its ATK and DEF become 0, and it is destroyed during the end phase. 

ATK; 1400

DEF: 1200

Vantablack Nightmare

DARK/Warrior/Effect

This card cannot be normal summoned/set. If this card is added to your hand outside your draw phase, special summon it. If this card is special summoned from your deck, you can pay 1000 LP, special summon 2 "Vantablack" tokens, (Level: 4 DARK/Warrior 0 ATK/0 DEF) on your field in Defense Mode. These tokens cannot be used for a tribute summon, or as material for the summoning of a monster from the extra deck. 

ATK: 0

Vantablack Blaster

DARK/Warrior/Effect

You can discard this card from your hand, add 1 "Vantablack" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your Hand. While this card is in your GY, when a "Vantablack" monster is sent from your hand to the GY, you can inflict 300 damage to your opponent. 

ATK: 1000

DEF: 1500

Vantablack General

Level: 6

DARK/Warrior/Effect

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, you can special summon 1 level 4 or lower "Vantablack" monster from your Hand or GY. While this card is on the field, all effect damage dealt by a "Vantablack" monster is increased by 200. 

ATK: 2200

(That's the Monsters, next are the Spells and Traps)

Vantablack World

Field Spell

All "Vantablack" monsters gain 100 ATK and DEF for each "Vantablack" monster on the field. When a "Vantablack" monster inflicts effect damage to your opponent, inflict 100 damage to your opponent for each "Vantablack" monster on the field. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card from your hand, special summon 1 level 4 or lower "Vantablack" monster. 

Vantablack Direct

Continuous Spell

Once per turn, you can discard 1 card from your hand, special summon 1 level 4 or lower "Vantablack" monster from your hand. When a "Vantablack" monster inflict effect damage to your opponent, you can inflict 200 damage to your opponent. 

Vantablack Draw

Normal Spell

Discard 1 card from your hand, then draw 1 card for each "Vantablack" monster on your field with a different name. You can only activate 1 "Vantablack Draw" per turn. 

Vantablack Fury

Quick-Play Spell

Activate only if you control a "Vantablack" Ritual monster. When the opponent activates a card effect, you can negate that effect, then increase the ATK of 1 "Vantablack" monster by 1000 until the end phase. You can banish this card from your GY, add 1 "Vantablack" Spell/Trap form your Deck or GY, to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Vantablack Fury" once per turn. 

Vantablack Vanity

Equip Spell

Equip only to a DARK Attribute monster. During each of your Standby Phases, take damage equal to the original ATK of the equipped monster. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK. When the equipped monster attacks, after damage calculation, if their is a monster on the opponents field, or if the equipped monster has destroyed an opponents monster, increase the equipped monster ATK by 500, then it can attack again in a row. The ATK changes of the equipped monster are permanent, and remain even if this card leaves the field. 

Vantablack Curse 

Continuous Trap

Face-up "Vantablack" monsters cannot be destroyed by battle. Every time a "Vantablack" monster inflicts effect damage to your opponent. You can place 1 Vantabalck Counter on this card. During your end phase, inflict 100 damage to your opponent for every Vantablack Counter on this card. Once per turn, you can remove 5 counters from this card, add 1 "Vantablack" card from your deck or GY, to your hand. 

Darkness Ritual

Ritual Spell

This card is always treated as a "Vantablack" card. You can use this card to summon any Ritual monster that specifies that it needs this card to be Ritual summoned. When DARK Attribute Ritual monster that was Ritual summoned using this card is destroyed, while this card is in your GY, you can, (Quick Effect) Ritual Summon 1 DARK Attribute Ritual monster from your Hand, Deck or GY, whose level is 1 higher than the destroyed Ritual monsters, using that destroyed Ritual monster as tribute to Ritual Summon, by banishing that Ritual monster. You can only use this effect of "Darkness Ritual" once per turn.

(Ok, for anyone else who is completely lost on this card, allow me to explain. You Ritual summon a DARK Attribute monster that specifies that it needs this specific card to be Ritual summoned. If that Ritual monster is destroyed while this card is in your GY, you can banish that destroyed Ritual monster. (Example: Vantablack Jack) In order to use it as tribute to Ritual summon a DARK Attribute Ritual monster from your hand, GY, or deck, whose level is 1 higher than the destroyed Ritual monsters. (Example, I Ritual summon Vantablack Jack using Darkness Ritual. I attack you directly with Vantablack Jack, but you activate Mirror Force. Vantablack Jack gets destroyed. However, due to the effect of Darkness Ritual, I can banish Vantablack Jack, then special summon a DARK Attribute Ritual monster from my hand, deck or GY whose level is 1 higher than Jack's, while treating it as a Ritual summon. Jack's level is 7, this means I can banish it to summon Vantablack Queen, as its level is 1 higher than Vantablack Jack's. Also, all cards special summoned by this effect are treated as being Ritual summoned. )

Absolute Darkness Ritual

Ritual Spell

This card is always treated as a "Vantablack" card. You can use this card to Ritual summon "Vantablack Absolute Darkness" by tributing at least 3 DARK Attribute monsters on your field or in your hand whose combined levels equal 24, including at least 1 "Vantablack" Ritual monster.

Ok, this archetype is absolutely ludicrous in how much damage it can do. Also, Fun fact, The term "Vantablack" is used to describe the darkest man-made color. It absorbs 99.99231% of all light, or something crazy like that. Well, enjoy, and leave a comment for questions, comments, concerns, thoughts, feelings. and opinions. 

On 2/17/2020 at 11:21 AM, Bluvista said:

Vantablack Absolute Darkness

Level: 12

This card cannot be Special summoned, except by Ritual Summon. This card can only be Ritual Summoned with "Absolute Darkness Ritual". This card is treated as not being on the field. This card cannot be the target for Battle, or for Effects. When this card declares an attack, negate all opponents cards and effects on their field, in their hand, or in their GY. When this card destroys a monster by battle ,inflict damage to your opponent equal to its original ATK or DEF, whichever is higher. When this card destroys an opponents monster by battle, after damage calculation, you can banish 1 monster in your opponents GY, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the original ATK or DEF of the banished monster, whichever is higher. This card cannot attack directly. Once per turn, when the opponent actives a card or effect that would affect this card, you can negate that card or effect, and destroy it. You can only use each effect of "Vantablack Absolute Darkness" once per turn. You can only control 1 "Vanblack Absolute Darkness"

ATK: 4000

*Looks at the effect, scared* Just what the bloody hell is this? Ok, leaving the terrifying effects aside, I need you to clarify something for me. When you say a monster is treated as "not being in the field", what exactly do you mean?. Because if it isn't in the field, isn't it redundant to mention that it cannot be targeted for attacks or card effects? Also, almost at the end, it has a negation effect for protection, but again, if it isn't in the field, it shouldn't be affected by card effects for starters. For now, as long as I don't have an explanation of the "I'm not on the field, guys, so you can't do anything to me, but I can beat the crap out of you" I can't give a proper review to this amicable dude.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived