Hassansi Archetype [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples.

Some friends have been trying to get me into Magic.  This set is basically translating the ideas of the cards I was using into Yugioh.  As this is off the cuff, I'ma just use placeholder names.

Hassansi 1
DARK **
Wyrm/Tuner/Effect
If a monster you control declares a direct attack: You can return it to your hand, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand.  This card can attack directly the turn it was Summoned.  You take no battle damage from battles involving this card.  If you inflict battle damage with this card: You can add 1 "Hassansi" monster from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, this card can make a second attack in a row, but your opponent takes no battle damage.  You can only Special Summon 1 "Hassansi 1" per turn.
200/0

Hassansi 2
DARK **
Wyrm/Tuner/Effect
If a monster you control declares a direct attack: You can return it to your hand, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand.  This card can attack directly the turn it was Summoned.  You take no battle damage from battles involving this card.  If you inflict battle damage with this card: You can add 1 "Hassansi" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand, then send the top 3 cards from your opponent's Deck to the GY.  You can only Special Summon 1 "Hassansi 2" per turn.
300/0

Hassansi 3
DARK **
Wyrm/Tuner/Effect
If a monster you control declares a direct attack: You can return it to your hand, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand.  This card can attack directly the turn it was Summoned.  You take no battle damage from battles involving this card.  If you inflict battle damage with this card: You can draw 1 card, then send the top card from your opponent's Extra Deck to the GY.  You can only Special Summon 1 "Hassansi 3" per turn.
100/0

Hassansi 4
DARK ***
Wyrm/Effect
If a monster you control declares a direct attack: You can return it to your hand, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand.  This card can attack directly the turn it was Summoned.  You take no battle damage from battles involving this card.  If you inflict battle damage with this card: Your opponent must send 1 monster they control to the GY, then send cards from the top of their Deck to the GY equal to the sent monster's Level/Rank/Link Rating.  You can only Special Summon 1 "Hassansi 4" per turn.
800/0

Hassansi 5
DARK ***
Wyrm/Effect
If a monster you control declares a direct attack: You can return it to your hand, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand.  This card can attack directly the turn it was Summoned.  You take no battle damage from battles involving this card.  If you inflict battle damage with this card: You can send 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls to the GY, and if you do, you can Set 1 "Hassansi" Spell/Trap from your GY.  You can only Special Summon 1 "Hassansi 5" per turn.
800/0

Hassansi 6
DARK ***
Wyrm/Effect
If a monster you control declares a direct attack: You can return it to your hand, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand.  This card can attack directly the turn it was Summoned.  You take no battle damage from battles involving this card.  If you inflict battle damage with this card: You can banish up to 3 cards from your opponent's GY, then send an equal number of cards from the top of their Deck to the GY.  You can only Special Summon 1 "Hassansi 6" per turn.
1200/0

Hassansi 7
DARK ***
Wyrm/Effect
If a monster you control declares a direct attack: You can return it to your hand, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand.  This card can attack directly the turn it was Summoned.  You take no battle damage from battles involving this card.  If you inflict battle damage with this card: You can send 1 random card from your opponent's hand and 2 cards from the top of their Deck to the GY.  You can only Special Summon 1 "Hassansi 7" per turn.
900/0

Hassansi Crescent Sickle
Equip Spell
Destroy this card is the equipped monster has 1300 or more ATK.  The equipped monster can attack directly.  If the equipped monster is a "Hassansi" monster, it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.  If this card is sent to the GY because the equipped monster returns to your hand, you can return this card from the GY to your hand.

Hassansi Mission
Spell
Special Summon 1 monster from your hand with less than 1300 ATK.  It can attack directly this turn.  If you Special Summon a "Hassansi" monster by this effect, you can draw 1 card.  If a monster you control declares a direct attack while this card is in the GY: You can return your monster to your hand, and if you do, Set this card, but banish it when it leaves the field.  You can only activate 1 "Hassansi Mission" per turn.

Hassansi Anticipation
Counter Trap
When a Spell/Trap, or monster effect is activated that targets a monster(s) on the field while you control a "Hassansi" monster: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.  If a monster you control declares a direct attack while this card is in the GY: You can return your monster to your hand, and if you do, Set this card, but banish it when it leaves the field.  You can only activate 1 "Hassansi Anticipation" per turn.

Ok, guess I'm done; brain feels like mush right now.  As always, CnC much appreciated.

Cheers.

question, how's your magic experience overall? 🙂

This archetype is really interesting, its work almost like MTG's Red decks with that quick land tap going aggro with a bit of blue/black with the mill. 

Effect is pretty brutal with only drawback is the "hopt" via summon limitation, battle reliant, and abysmal stat. But i guess overall its fine. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

question, how's your magic experience overall? 🙂

This archetype is really interesting, its work almost like MTG's Red decks with that quick land tap going aggro with a bit of blue/black with the mill. 

Effect is pretty brutal with only drawback is the "hopt" via summon limitation, battle reliant, and abysmal stat. But i guess overall its fine. 

I learned Magic ages ago, but I only really play if no one else is around to play Yugioh. A friend has a bunch of Commander decks and he likes roping me in. I do really enjoy cube/draft format though. Makes me wish Yugioh had more Battle Packs.

Mechanically, I based these on the Commander Yuriko and MTG's "Ninjitsu" ability. Theme-wise, since ninjas are already taken, I decided to make these more like an assassin order.

Archived