Random Card Dump 2: Throwback Thursday Edition [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

This is a just a bunch of random cards that I found in my old notebook alongside my old yugioh story.  I don't think any of these are any later than 2017, so I've got a few prospective Link/Cyberse support cards long before the type/summon mechanic was really fleshed out (so some are definitely under/overpowered based on that understanding).

Without further ado, onto the cards!

I-Baller
WIND **
Cyberse/Effect
If you summon a Cyberse monster except "I-Baller": You can Special Summon 1 "I-Baller" from your hand or Deck.
0/1900

Shovelwing
EARTH **
Winged Beast/Effect
When this card is Summoned: Banish 1 card from either player's GY.  This card gains 100 ATK for each banished card.  If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon this card.  You can only activate this effect of "Shovelwing" once per turn.
850/600

Better Part of Valor
Trap
Target 1 monster you control: Return it to your hand.  If the monster returned to the Extra Deck, draw 1 card.  If you control no monsters after this effect resolves, you take no battle damage for the rest of the turn.

Suppression of the Strong
Continuous Spell
The turn player's monsters lose ATK/DEF equal to the Level/Rank of the monster their opponent controls x 200.  If this card is destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can target 1 monster you control; negate the effects of all monsters your opponent controls with a lower Level/Rank than the target's.

Ageki Reverse Field
Field Spell
The effects of monsters on the field are not and cannot be negated.  Once per turn: The turn player can discard 1 card and activate 1 of the following effects.

• All increases to monster's ATK/DEF become decreases and vice versa.
  • The original ATK/DEF of all monsters on the field are swapped.

These changes last until the End Phase.

Zillion, the Ancient Mask
EARTH *****
Rock/Effect
You can Normal Summon this card without tributing, but if you do, its effects are nrgated.  If this card is Summoned: You can target 1 Level 5 monster in your GY; Special Summon it.  You can only activate the effect of "Zillion, the Ancient Mask" twice per turn.
1900/2100

I probably had a Rank 5 to go with this, but I can't really find it.

Otherworld Hope - Xillion
LIGHT ****
Reptile/Effect
Once per turn: You can excavate the top 5 cards of your Deck.  Send all "Otherworld Hope - Xillion" to the GY and shuffle the rest back into your Deck, then, you can destroy a number of monsters your opponent controls up to the number of cards sent this way.  You can shuffle all "Otherworld Hope - Xillion" from your GY into your Deck; place this card in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Trap with this effect:

• If your opponent activates a monster effect, you can send 1 "Otherworld Hope - Xillion" from your Deck to the GY; negate that effect.  All monsters you control gain 200 ATK/DEF for each "Otherworld Hope - Xillion" in your GY.

?/?

I guess I forgot to write down this one's ATK/DEF.  If I'm right, I believe both Xillion and Zillion are references to the same thing.  I didn't realize I made two different cards about it! XD The concept for this card intrigues me though... I think I might build on this idea.  My notebook does mention that "illion" was meant to be an archetype, so...

Cannibal Cooker
FIRE **
Fiend/Effect
At the end of the Battle Phase, destroy 1 monster you control.  During your Main Phase 2, you can Normal Summon 1 monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set.  You can only gain this effect once per turn.  Once per turn: You can negate this card's effects until the End Phase.
1100/200

Berserk Shark
WATER ****
Fish/Effect
This card's ATK becomes 1600.  If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent, inflict effect damage to your opponent equal to the battle damage inflicted.  Once per turn: You can negate this card's effects until the End Phase.
2000/100

Gremlin Contractor
DARK **
Fiend/Tuner/Effect
At the start of your Battle Phase: Pay 1000 LP, and if you do, add 1 Level 2 or lower DARK monster from your Deck to your hand.  Once per turn: You can negate this card's effects until the End Phase.

It's really interesting (personally) to see some of these old concepts and ideas...

Anyways, enough sharing for now.  Until next time, Cheers!

20 hours ago, Redro said:

Berserk Shark
WATER ****
Fish/Effect
This card's ATK becomes 100.  If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent, inflict effect damage to your opponent equal to the battle damage inflicted.  Once per turn: You can negate this card's effects until the End Phase.
2000/100

As a WATER lover I personally liked this one: I'm more accustomed to use sea serpents or aqua rather than fishes, so I'm not positive of how this guy would fare in a full shark Deck, but since they're often level 3 or 4 and love to Xyz Summon, I guess it can find it's place. I'm guessing this guy really needs the help of Mistar Boy, fields and stuff to unleash it's full potential, but I liked how it can get become a 2000 ATK vanillla monster. I remember in the old old times how I used to make a fuss about how all Attributes except WATER had a 1900 Vanilla monster until Warrior of Atlantis came, with a possitive effect even... when A Legendary Ocean Decks were already thrash, lol.

Well im gonna treat it as single card post by commenting on the 1 that i found interesting

While i do I think you overdoing Xillion a bit (The trap turning gimmick seems far off and the trap effect can be place on other Xillion Monster if you wanna turn it into archetype)  but it is interesting to have Excavate+mill reptile deck, even more so with existance of Snake Rain its has balancing factor requiring you to mill the other copy, but with right combination of effect to make it valuable enough to to run at 3 or maybe some minor deck fixing effect like Adamancia did its should be good

26 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

As a WATER lover I personally liked this one: I'm more accustomed to use sea serpents or aqua rather than fishes, so I'm not positive of how this guy would fare in a full shark Deck, but since they're often level 3 or 4 and love to Xyz Summon, I guess it can find it's place. I'm guessing this guy really needs the help of Mistar Boy, fields and stuff to unleash it's full potential, but I liked how it can get become a 2000 ATK vanillla monster. I remember in the old old times how I used to make a fuss about how all Attributes except WATER had a 1900 Vanilla monster until Warrior of Atlantis came, with a possitive effect even... when A Legendary Ocean Decks were already thrash, lol.

Oops!  It's funny you quoted that one in particular.  Its first effect was meant to leave it at 1600 ATK, not 100. XD

I did make it WATER/Fish to match the theme, but I don't believe I was truly trying to make actual support for Sharks since it's effectively just a beater.  If I redesigned it, I think I would make it become a Level 3 alongside the ATK drop to make it more thematically appropriate.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Well im gonna treat it as single card post by commenting on the 1 that i found interesting

While i do I think you overdoing Xillion a bit (The trap turning gimmick seems far off and the trap effect can be place on other Xillion Monster if you wanna turn it into archetype)  but it is interesting to have Excavate+mill reptile deck, even more so with existance of Snake Rain its has balancing factor requiring you to mill the other copy, but with right combination of effect to make it valuable enough to to run at 3 or maybe some minor deck fixing effect like Adamancia did its should be good

Haha!  Yeah, Xillion's effect nearly took up the entire journal page and I had to fix a lot of its text before posting.  I was doing a lot with it, and the prompt that I wrote for the "illion" archetype was... not very illuminating.  Yeah, if I were to remake the idea based on it, I think I'd probably do what you said and streamline it to focus on excavation and deck fixing.

5 minutes ago, Redro said:

Oops!  It's funny you quoted that one in particular.  Its first effect was meant to leave it at 1600 ATK, not 100. XD

I did make it WATER/Fish to match the theme, but I don't believe I was truly trying to make actual support for Sharks since it's effectively just a beater.  If I redesigned it, I think I would make it become a Level 3 alongside the ATK drop to make it more thematically appropriate.

Hahaha, it's a funny coincidence. But with 1600 it looks pretty scary, if it manages to attack directly (for instance, with the help of Nightmare Shark, bam! 3200 damage to your opponent. With Mistar boy in the field, 4200, cool, I want this guy in my Mermaid Deck, even if it's fish!

Archived