KoleidoScope Archetype [WRITTEN] (12/??)

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

I'd posted a portion of this archetype in a larger thread, but I liked the concept and wanted to post the whole thing in its original form.

The gimmick is a bunch of cards that have a specific condition as part of their effects, but their field spell changes their playstyle by changing the actual card text of those conditions.  The archetype is aggro, but (with one exception) the deck uses the opponent's monsters as a source of damage.

KoleidoScope Assaulter Hornet
FIRE ****
Insect/Effect
If you control no Spell/Trap cards, this card gains 500 ATK. Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; destroy 1 Spell/Trap on the field.
1400/200

KoleidoScope Dragonflying Fortress
FIRE 7*
Insect/Effect
If a "KoleidoScope" monster is destroyed: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "KoleidoScope" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand. If you control no Spell/Trap cards, this card gains 400 DEF.
1500/1800

KoleidoScope Marine Moth
FIRE **
Insect/Effect
If you control no Spell/Trap cards: You can draw 1 card then banish 1 card in your hand. You can only activate this effect of "KoleidoScope Marine Moth" once per turn. Your opponent takes all battle damage you take from battles involving this card.
600/200

KoleidoScope Recruiter Ladybug
FIRE *
Insect/Effect
If you control no Spell/Trap cards: You can send the top card from your Deck to the GY, then, if an Insect monster is sent by this effect, you can Special Summon 1 "KoleidoScope" monster from your hand or GY. You can only use this effect of "KoleidoScope Recruiter Ladybug" once per turn. If this card is sent from the field to the GY, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "KoleidoScope" monster from your Deck except "KoleidoScope Recruiter Ladybug".
0/0

KoleidoScope Double Agent Cicada
FIRE ***
Insect/Effect
You can activate this effect: Your opponent must Special Summon 1 monster from their GY, then, if you control no Spell/Trap cards, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; switch control of that target(s) and an equal number of "KoleidoScope" monster(s) you control. 
1000/1800

**KoleidoScope Supplier Larvae
FIRE ***
Insect/Effect
If you control no Spell/Trap cards: You can add 1 "Kaleidoscope" monster from your Deck to your hand, then discard the same number of cards. You can only use this effect of "KoleidoScope Supplier Larvae" once per turn.  If you take battle damage from a battle involving this card: You can Special Summon 2 "KoleidoScope" monsters from your GY, 1 to each player's side of the field.  You can only use each effect of "KoleidoScope Supplier Larvae" once per turn.
200/2000

**KoleidoScope Scavenger Beetle
FIRE *
Insect/Effect
All battle damage you take from battles involving this card is halved.  If this card is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon 1 "KoleidoScope" monster from your Deck to your side of the field and 1 "KoleidoScope Scavenger Beetle" from your hand or Deck to your opponent's side of the field.  During the End Phase, if you control no Spell/Trap cards: Gain 500 LP, otherwise, take 500 damage.
0/1000

**KoleidoScope General Roach
FIRE 6*
Insect/Effect
When this card is Summoned: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; switch this card's ATK with the target's.  Cannot be destroyed by battle.  Both players take battle damage from battles involving this card.  If you control no Spell/Trap cards, you can negate 1 attack per turn.
3000/200

KoleidoScope Hive
Field Spell
"Kaleidoscope" monsters you control gain 200 ATK.  "Kaleidoscope" monsters your opponent controls lose 200 ATK.  Change the text of all "Kaleidoscope" monsters you control from "If you control no Spell/Trap cards" to "For each Spell/Trap card you control".

**KoleidoScope Glory Wing
Equip Spell
Activate this card by targeting 1 "Kaleidoscope" monster in your GY; Special Summon it and equip it with this card.  Change the text of the equipped monster from "If you control no Spell/Trap cards" to "For each Spell/Trap card you control".  When this card leaves the field, destroy that monster.  You can only activate 1 "Kaleidoscope Glory Wing" per turn.

KoleidoScope Sniping
Spell
Activate if neither player controls a Spell/Trap. Destroy 1 monster on the field then send 1 "KoleidoScope" monster from your Deck to the GY.

**KoleidoScope Marshaling Force
Trap
If you control no Spells/Traps, you can activate this card from your hand.  Add 1 "KoleidoScope Hive" from your Deck or GY to your hand.  If you control "KoleidoScope Hive", you can add 1 "KoleidoScope" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand instead.

Note: Cards marked with ** are ones that I added recently.

I'm not sure if I actually have much else to say about these.  I think I'm gonna try to do more with the whole changing wording mechanic, but it can be pretty finicky, so I'll have to see.

Anyways, as always, CnC much appreciated!

Cheers!

Archived