1996 Yu-GI-OH Cards

Hello there,

This is all very very new to me and i had no clue the extent of these card games. i used to think it was a joke but after looking into the many many layers of this diverse community ive found that its very entertaining. i now respect what you guys do and how you do it. Like you guys have yu-gi-oh cards i have storage unit auctions. 

while cleaning out the latest unit i purchased i came across about a duffel bag full of yu-hi-oh cards mostly all from 1996.I am obviously trying to make money off of them and need some help because when i look at them i just see a bunch of cool looking creatures / artworks. 

so i guess any advice as to how to sort them / look thru them / filter out the money makers vs the ones to give away would be alot of help.

Thanks,

Ky

The thing is all the cards likely aren't from 1996. Yu-Gi-Oh! wasn't printed by Konami until February of 1999. Yes, all the cards say "1996 Kazuki Takahashi" regardless of when they are made because Yu-Gi-Oh! was created by Kazuki Takahashi in 1996.

To explain in short, if it's shiny it might sell, if it's not, it's probably binder filler. if you wanna find out how valuable they are, i'd say search tcgplayer.com. you can search the rare ones there, and find out the general range of prices.

be sure to look up not just the name of the cards, but the set initials that the card comes from as well( usually located right under the image, on the right side), as that can also affect the value, and may be the difference between having a 2.00 card, and a 20.00 card.

if you have any other questions you may want to PM the conversation though, since i'm not too sure how mods may feel about value discussions.

Archived