[Written] Mir'Phalanax, Infinipede's High-archon

Dokutah

Mir'Phalanax, Infinipede's High-archon

EARTH / level 9 / Insect / Fusion / Effect

1+ Insect monster + 1 monster. Including 2 non-Token monster on the field

Must be Fusion Summoned. Cannot be use as Tribute or Material to Summon a monster. While this card is face-up on your field or in your Extra Deck (Quick Effect): Immediately after this effect resolved, you can Fusion Summon this card that either face-up on the field OR from your Extra Deck to your side of the field by sending the above cards you control to the GY. You can only use this effect of  "Mir'Phalanax, Infinipede's High-archon" once per turn. If this card is Fusion Summoned: you can destroy 1 card on the field. This card gain 300 ATK for each monster in either GY that used as Fusion Material to summon "Mir'Phalanax, Infinipede's High-archon". If this card would be destroyed or Banished by card effect: you can Banish 1 of its Fusion Material from either GY, instead.

ATK 2300 / DEF 3100

2 hours ago, spiritomb8 said:

Do You Like It?

Thanks, although that being said i despite the critique that probably too harsh on your creation, i rather see your creation rather than you making mine

There's alternatives though. Group project on personal message, ill help you build your Subnautica Deck better 

I found the way you wrote the list of material rather confusing, but one can make sense of it. Still, it would be more intuitive if you write it as:
1 monster + 1+ Insect monster on the field, including 1 non-Token monster

The effect is a bit confusing as well, since it says that while it is face-up on the field, you can Special Summon it. I can only assume this applies when the card is treated as an Equip, most likely by the handful of Equip-turning effects that Insects got, but it is also not as intuitive and you may want to make it more clear or drop a PSCT on it.
That aside, not a big fan of the card. Putting the complexity aside, it's an easy quick effect pop of 2 cards that can be done even during the opponent's turn for the disruption power, and all it needs is 2 monsters including an Insect. That's like Gladiator Beast Gyzarus on crack. Maybe it would have been acceptable pre MR2020, but that's changing next month. Also, I don't understand why it Summons itself after the effect resolves, and yet it's still treated as a Fusion Summon, You could just keep it simple and Fusion Summon it by effect. Or are there any advantages of these hoop jumps that I'm missing?

7 hours ago, Darj said:

I found the way you wrote the list of material rather confusing, but one can make sense of it. Still, it would be more intuitive if you write it as:
1 monster + 1+ Insect monster on the field, including 1 non-Token monster

The effect is a bit confusing as well, since it says that while it is face-up on the field, you can Special Summon it. I can only assume this applies when the card is treated as an Equip, most likely by the handful of Equip-turning effects that Insects got, but it is also not as intuitive and you may want to make it more clear or drop a PSCT on it.
That aside, not a big fan of the card. Putting the complexity aside, it's an easy quick effect pop of 2 cards that can be done even during the opponent's turn for the disruption power, and all it needs is 2 monsters including an Insect. That's like Gladiator Beast Gyzarus on crack. Maybe it would have been acceptable pre MR2020, but that's changing next month. Also, I don't understand why it Summons itself after the effect resolves, and yet it's still treated as a Fusion Summon, You could just keep it simple and Fusion Summon it by effect. Or are there any advantages of these hoop jumps that I'm missing?

Nah its just me over-wording the grammar as usual

I agree that the quick summon should just Fusion Summon rather than using treated wording. Gonna fix that

As for why this card can Fusion summon itself on the field, well its work kinda like Gemini monster. So it can amass more Fusion Material for its ATK and reuse the destruction effect. 

But then again, its indeed Gyzarus on Crack (heck this one dont have risk of hoop jumping tag out due to its Gemini x Fusion style of Summoning)

incoming fixes:

- material requirement will be harder to fulfill and have its wording intuitive

- summon effect wording

Archived