Back when i still play YGO competitively, this is my favorite archetype (Nephe Shaddoll Strings)

Kanashimi

I do know Shaddoll get another support lately, but idk, i just feel it needs more

Tho i also dont know how the current Shaddoll play, going to take on the Shaddoll i used to know, blindly

ZzYc6ds.png

Nephe Shaddoll Strings

Spell/Quick-Play

Target 1 monster your opponent controls; this turn, if you would Fusion Summon a "Shaddoll" Fusion monster, you can use the targeted monster as 1 of the Fusion material used to Fusion Summon. During your Main Phase, if you control an "El Shaddoll" Fusion monster: You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; its effect is negated, it becomes DARK attribute, also take control of that monster. You cannot Special Summon any monster during the turn you activate this effect, except "Shaddoll" monster. You can only use 1 effect of "Nephe Shaddoll Strings" per turn, and only once that turn.

Edit:

- Making the requirement easier by needing only "El Shaddoll" Fusion

- Putting hard OPT

All thanks to Darj~

Unsure about this card. First, it lets you take an opponent's monster Super Poly-style, or steal a monster, or both, but the former requires you to be able to Fusion Summon and the latter requires Construct, and that means it requires set-up. Still, I find the requirement of Construct as too oddly specific. I get that Consruct is the puppeteer behind the strings, but also Shekhinaga, Anoyatyllis and her Link form are versions of her, so why exclude them? IMO you can make it require any Shaddoll Summoned from the Extra Deck and it would still be fine.
With that out of the way, being able to get rid of up to 2 monsters feels like pushing it, and there are no kind of "Once per turn" clauses on sight. It's cool that you get to steal a monster even if your Fusion Summoning effects are disrupted, but when you get to do both, it can get a bit overwhelming, especially when Shaddolls AFAIK did top in a couple of tournaments after their latest support, indicating they are not lacking in power.
So, suggestions that come to mind is broadening the requirement of the steal effect to any Extra Deck Shaddoll, in exchange of hard OPT on both effects, if not a Dragon Ruler OPT (You can only use 1 effect of X per turn, and only once that turn) to be safe.

Archived