Hi there! I’m new to writing on these forms so please be patient with me when it comes to both writing my thoughts/ideas, and where/how I can do things better when it comes to writing/asking assistance.

I’ve been working on my own Arc-V reboot fanfic just for fun(and personal reasons) but I have been drastically changing up things about the story/characters/events etc. But mostly the cards.

i don’t wanna get in to deep but I’m replacing Yuma’s Performapals with the Majespecters and Zulu’s Melodious with the Trickstars minus all the Link support. As hard as redesigning these archetypes for my purposes is I’m struggling the most with coming up with an original Machine archetype for Gong to replace the Superheavy Samurai. 

I wanna try to come up with a replacement machine archetype inspired by Megaman, Transformers, Big Hero 6, Gurren Lagann, and Cardfight Vanguard’s Nova Grapplers. Basically a slightly cartoony army of mechs, robots and weapons that work together to summon giant Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Ritual Boss Mecha/Vehicles. I’ve mostly just been renaming SHSams as Combatron Robot Masters based on Colors and the “Samurai Souls” after Industrial Tools/Wepons and the rest after Megaman enemies and Nova Grappler cards. Just as place holders.

But I’m still not satisfied with the current naming scheme nor do I have a good mechanic or gimmick to make them interesting. I’m more of a creative director so I’m more focused on how they’ll look/represent and unfortunately less how they’ll work. But honestly I’m struggling to do the part I actually like very well haha.

Anyway can anyone interested be willing to help me get this archetype more focused? I’ll try my best to better explain my thinking and work with whatever y’all suggest. I know this is all pretty ridiculous but it’s my ridiculous idea and I wanna make it work at least anime writing wise.

Also here’s a idea behind my current naming scheme. So far the Boss Monsters are going by Combatron Fusion Bot, Synchro Bot, and so on. Not great I know that’s why I need the help

SHS Blue Brawler= Combatron Blue Buster. Inspiration-Megaman 

SHS Swordsman= Combatron Red ???

SHS Big Benkei= Combatron Orange ???

SHS Soulfire Suit=Combatron Jetfire Pack

SHS Big Bang Cannon= Combatron Big Bang Cannon 

SHS Trumpeter= Combatron Worker/Mechanic. Inspiration-Mets from Megaman.

Archived