Botanimal Archetype

Horu

Botanimal (Botanical + Animal)

The gimmick is plants that are also beasts.

Botanimal Acaciant

Earth

Plant / Tuner / Effect

Lv1

100/700

(1) This card is also treated as an Insect monster while face-up on the field.

(2) If this card is used as Synchro Material for the Synchro Summon of a "Botanimal" Synchro monster: You can draw 2 cards.

(3) If you draw a Level 4 or lower "Botanimal" monster(s) as a result of this card's 2 effect: Special Summon it.

Botanimal Paloma Verde

Earth

Plant / Tuner / Effect

Lv2

600/1100

(1) This card is also treated as a Winged Beast monster while face-up on the field.

(2) If this card is used as Synchro Material for the Synchro Summon of a "Botanimal" monster: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Botanimal" monster (except "Botanimal Paloma Verde") from your GY.

Ok. So these are a couple examples.

Yeah, I like 'em 🙂 . Made me think of Naturia Beast, though this is not the same. My only concern is Acaciant's effect 2. None of the effects have any opt or hard opt restriction, and drawing 2 cards simply by using the card as material is rather op. Anyway, I find it interesting that the second card's name is in Spanish (I did something similar recently in Make an Archetype Game), but since the first card is still in english, I wonder if the next cards will be in yet other languages. I'd like to see japanese, french or german there.

Yeah, Paloma Verde is a bit of word play. mixing the actual Palo Verde tree with the spanish word for "Dove". Also, thanks for the comments.

I also noted that Acaciant's effect would be extremely broken if it wasn't archetype+level locked.

Another note is that the character that uses these cards favors those "Win More" strategies.

1 hour ago, Problamatico said:

I agree that would be plaguespreader level fame if it wasn't Archetype specific 

Yeah. I pretty much wanted a card that could quickly replenish the field by possibly dropping 2 monsters. But yeah, only works if the Synchro in question is also a Botanimal.

Archived