Startrek Nemesis - Q's Debt *complete*

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1525039/I-Hate-Snatch-Steal

In a location indescribable to mere humans, Q and his son, Q Junior reminisced about their past encounters with humanity. Q had just finished telling the story of how he had been de-powered and trapped in human form aboard the Enterprise D and then how he’d come back later to thank Picard personally for allowing him to get his powers back only to be rejected. Q junior suddenly asked: “Wasn’t Data the one who risked his life for you though? Why didn’t you come back and thank him?” Q realized that his son had a particularly good point. While he stopped to think about it Q Junior added, “What happened to Data anyway?” Q replied, “He died heroically when he destroyed the Scimitar. I really expected him to live a lot longer.” Q contemplated teleporting Data out of the blast but realized that Picard would never look at Data the same way again if he did. After examining the events again Q added, “I don’t understand why someone as smart, for a human anyway, as Captain Picard would fly straight into a Nebula that disrupts sensor readings in a situation like that… wait a minute!”

Suddenly Q snapped his fingers and a bunch of vaguely humanoid aliens appeared. Q pointed an accusing finger at them and said, “You used your telepathic powers to hinder the decision-making ability of my favorite human and his crew and as result led my favorite android to his death!” The aliens replied something that translated to: “If we had that much power why would we be so subtle instead of just mind controlling the federation leaders?” Q replied, “You wanted to overthrow the federation not control it. You knew that if you controlled them their underlings would get suspicious.” The alien leader gave him a look of disbelief. How had he figured it out?  Q was about to get rid of the Aliens in a very painful way when another voice said “Q!!!!”. Q looked at the aliens and said “Excuse us a moment” and he and Q junior disappeared in a flash of light.

Q and his son re-appeared in a hearing room in the Q continuum. One of the other Qs asked, “What have we told you about interfering with lesser species?”. Q replied, “I’ve been very bad to humanity, I just wanted to make up for that, not throw history completely off course like that other Q did.” The Q judges conferred for a moment and decided, “We will permit you to act on the condition that you are subtle.”  Q replied “Thank you” and left in a flash along with Q junior.

Q investigated the history of the alien’s he’d summoned and realized that they’d be extinct from a meteor impact one week after they interfered with Picard’s mind anyway. Thus, he simply made the Enterprise’s crew immune to the telepathic interference just in time for Picard to alter course and avoid the sensor dampening Nebula. The Scimitar was obliterated by a swarm of federation ships led by the Enterprise E and Data lived long and prospered as the Vulcans would say.

Inspired by his father’s actions, Q Junior wanted to do something subtle but helpful for Icheb. His fate in the present timeline was already greatly improved thanks to the butterfly effect caused by Q so Q Junior settled for creating a short lived space anomaly that would speed up Icheb’s trip to Vulcan for a science conference so he could arrive ahead of schedule. This anomaly also affected another Vulcan ship that just so happened to have been sent to stop the destruction of Romulus. Thus Spock completed his mission instead of being sucked into a wormhole and the alternate timeline was never created.

Archived