Ive been using this deck and I found it pretty fun and even won against some competitive decks. Any suggestion would be apreciated.

|- MONSTER CARDS (17 cards):
   |- 1x The Creator God of Light, Horakhty
   |- 1x Obelisk the Tormentor
   |- 1x The Winged Dragon of Ra - Immortal Phoenix
   |- 3x Guardian Slime
   |- 2x The Winged Dragon of Ra
   |- 1x Slifer the Sky Dragon
   |- 2x The Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode
   |- 3x Reactor Slime
   |- 3x Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring
 |- SPELL CARDS (18 cards):
   |- 3x The True Name
   |- 3x Pot of Extravagance
   |- 3x Card Advance
   |- 3x Ancient Chant
   |- 1x Foolish Burial
   |- 1x Monster Reborn
   |- 1x Blaze Cannon
   |- 3x Millennium Revelation
 |- TRAP CARDS (5 cards):
   |- 2x Metal Reflect Slime
   |- 2x One with the Sun God
   |- 1x Red Reboot

|- EXTRA DECK CARDS (15 cards):
   |- 3x Egyptian God Slime
   |- 2x Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Juggernaut Liebe
   |- 2x Number 81: Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Super Dora
   |- 1x Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max
   |- 1x Knightmare Gryphon
   |- 1x Knightmare Unicorn
   |- 1x Knightmare Phoenix
   |- 1x Knightmare Cerberus
   |- 3x Linkuriboh

3BBkWIz.jpg

I recognise the ftk deck published on the FTK archive. So I don't know if you'll trust our word over theirs, but essentially this deck can brick in three ways; for one, it is very vulnerable to disruption since it does one and only one thing very well and it's ftking. If you can't get your ftk, too bad. Secondly this deck has 8 dead draw cards which you possibly cannot do anything with when you draw them first and there are many chances of you having a hand full of divine monsters and nothing to do other than draw-set-pass. Then there is the One True Name which is good only if you're very lucky. Chances are, you'll almost never successfully resolve the good effect of the True Name unless you used a card effect to place the cards on top of the deck or if you have a Convulsion of Nature on the board. The least thing you can do to improve this deck strategy would be to replace it with other cards which special summon or draw.

If you prefer to improve your deck without concern for the strategy it adopts, I'd say the best thing you could do is focus on a ra OTK strategy instead. That way you can reduce the bricking potential with the extra divine monsters and have a more consistent game experience. Also, if you fail to do an otk, but still got ra out, it is always possible to finish your opponent in more than one turn as beatstick otk strategies are generally more flexible than effect or burn ftk strategies.

On 6/27/2020 at 2:03 PM, Horu Ishayuki said:

Also, Horakhty isn't a legal card so this is only a 39 card deck. Therefor the deck isn't legal.

It's not illegal, it's ocg only, not the same thing at all. Btw, if you didn't notice, most of the cards in this deck are ocg exclusives, so it's obviously an ocg deck.

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2020 at 2:15 PM, Doigt said:

I recognise the ftk deck published on the FTK archive. So I don't know if you'll trust our word over theirs, but essentially this deck can brick in three ways; for one, it is very vulnerable to disruption since it does one and only one thing very well and it's ftking. If you can't get your ftk, too bad. Secondly this deck has 8 dead draw cards which you possibly cannot do anything with when you draw them first and there are many chances of you having a hand full of divine monsters and nothing to do other than draw-set-pass. Then there is the One True Name which is good only if you're very lucky. Chances are, you'll almost never successfully resolve the good effect of the True Name unless you used a card effect to place the cards on top of the deck or if you have a Convulsion of Nature on the board. The least thing you can do to improve this deck strategy would be to replace it with other cards which special summon or draw.

If you prefer to improve your deck without concern for the strategy it adopts, I'd say the best thing you could do is focus on a ra OTK strategy instead. That way you can reduce the bricking potential with the extra divine monsters and have a more consistent game experience. Also, if you fail to do an otk, but still got ra out, it is always possible to finish your opponent in more than one turn as beatstick otk strategies are generally more flexible than effect or burn ftk strategies.

I understand your points, however the deck isnt that much of a brick, unless youre considering going against tier 1 decks.  True name is to combo with card advance, have both in your hand activates card advance reorder the top 5 card in your deck (and get an additional tribute summon), then play true name, declare the name of the card you place into the top, add it to your hand and either add to your hand or special summon an egyptian god. Since this deck doesnt have much defenses, it susceptible to hand traps, but hey, its a fun deck at least.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 5:13 PM, Gogeta gt said:

True name is to combo with card advance, have both in your hand activates card advance reorder the top 5 card in your deck (and get an additional tribute summon), then play true name

Then the deck is much worse than I thought. Because then that adds another useless bricky card that your hand could have. Here's the reasoning. Normally, card advance has a useful effect because it gives you information and it allows you an additional normal summon for tributing. It's rather useful in all kinds of tribute decks. However, by reserving it for combo with True Name, then you find yourself in the position of most Ritual players; stuck with the piece of a half; useless without one of the other. The worst part about this is the fact that, contrary to ritual players, you can't search True Name and Card Advance.

At this point your deck is so full of flaws, if each flaw was a hole, your deck would resemble swiss cheese.

On 8/23/2020 at 11:49 PM, Doigt said:

Then the deck is much worse than I thought. Because then that adds another useless bricky card that your hand could have. Here's the reasoning. Normally, card advance has a useful effect because it gives you information and it allows you an additional normal summon for tributing. It's rather useful in all kinds of tribute decks. However, by reserving it for combo with True Name, then you find yourself in the position of most Ritual players; stuck with the piece of a half; useless without one of the other. The worst part about this is the fact that, contrary to ritual players, you can't search True Name and Card Advance.

At this point your deck is so full of flaws, if each flaw was a hole, your deck would resemble swiss cheese.

The deck doesnt rely on these 2 cards though.

Archived