There will be Brawl

Tinkerer

Has anyone watched this?

In a Dystopian Mushroom Kingdom, corruption and avarice reign supreme. Even the greatest heroes of the land have buckled beneath the overwhelming will of the amoral elite. When a series of grisly crimes pushes an unlikely champion to seek the truth, a mystery unfolds that could completely destroy everything he holds dear.

I just watched it with my little bro a few days ago, and he was only convinced to watch it because it was a passion project written/directed by Matt Mercer.

It's a noir-style gritty mystery series featuring the characters from Super Smash Bros Melee + Brawl. I think it's written pretty well (even if it's cheesy at times) and the references usually warrant a good eye roll and a chuckle at least. That said, if you are a Nintendo fan but can appreciate dark humor, I think it's a pretty enjoyable watch.

There are 10 episodes total ranging from less than 10 minutes to over 35 minutes (last episode).

Note: while none of it is truly explicit, there are heavily implied sexually suggestive themes (almost entirely in episode 1). There's also violence and strong language. Keep that in mind if you wanna watch.

Archived