King Tatsumi

talgoose

Hey! It's been a long time since you posted a card, I've said it before, but I love how you make the artworks for your own cards. It's pretty cool that you decided to use the classic background for the pendulums, and I don't think the monster in itself is bad at all. It kinda makes me think of a Summoned Frog from Naruto because of the clothes xD.

Anywho, about the effect in itself, humm... I'm definitely not the best for Pendulum stuff, but let's see. For starters, I might be wrong, but I don't think the Pendulum Effect is correct. When you say "an Spirit monster (other than this card)" you're implying the card is a monster, and it is not. Pendulums, while on the Pendulum Zone, are treated 100% as a Spell. In resume, you can omit the (other than this card). Now, Piercing damage can be handy and all, but cosidering the typical, aggresive gameplay of the meta, maybe it won't be too helpful; it's ok, but you might want to think of something else if this guy is supporting Spirits. In comparison, the monster effect is very strong, since most monsters in the meta will be Special Summoned. It's well balanced by the Battle Phase skip and the fact the guy returns to the hand, as usual, so I believe it's viable. I believe it's a nice card in general, just needs to be slightly changed in the Pendulum Effect department, imo 🙂 

On 7/6/2020 at 9:47 AM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Hey! It's been a long time since you posted a card, I've said it before, but I love how you make the artworks for your own cards. It's pretty cool that you decided to use the classic background for the pendulums, and I don't think the monster in itself is bad at all. It kinda makes me think of a Summoned Frog from Naruto because of the clothes xD.

Anywho, about the effect in itself, humm... I'm definitely not the best for Pendulum stuff, but let's see. For starters, I might be wrong, but I don't think the Pendulum Effect is correct. When you say "an Spirit monster (other than this card)" you're implying the card is a monster, and it is not. Pendulums, while on the Pendulum Zone, are treated 100% as a Spell. In resume, you can omit the (other than this card). Now, Piercing damage can be handy and all, but cosidering the typical, aggresive gameplay of the meta, maybe it won't be too helpful; it's ok, but you might want to think of something else if this guy is supporting Spirits. In comparison, the monster effect is very strong, since most monsters in the meta will be Special Summoned. It's well balanced by the Battle Phase skip and the fact the guy returns to the hand, as usual, so I believe it's viable. I believe it's a nice card in general, just needs to be slightly changed in the Pendulum Effect department, imo 🙂 

what do you think now?:

King tatsumicard.png

Archived