Custom Windwitch Support

PalkiaDots

My Custom Windwitch Support Because Konami Has Forgotten Them

I. Love. Windwitches. But they suck. Let’s fix that. Let me know if these cards are too op/weak. I’m a noob at card making, so go easy on me.

Windwitch - Frost Bell: LV 3/ATK 1200/DEF 900/WIND/Spellcaster

If you control a “Windwitch” monster, you can special summon this card from your hand. If this card is in your gy, except on the turn it was sent there, you can banish this card and 1 “Windwitch” tuner from your gy, special summon 1 WIND synchro monster from your extra deck, whose level is equal to the combined levels of the banished cards. You can only use each effect of “Windwitch - Frost Bell” once per turn.
Trivia: Just meant to help with summoning Winter Bell and swarming.

Windwitch - Aurora Bell: LV 1/Tuner/ATK 500/DEF 500/WIND/Spellcaster

During the Damage Step, when a “Windwitch” monster you control battles (Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand to the GY; that monster gains 1000 ATK until the end of this turn, also, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. A WIND Synchro monster that was summoned using this card as material cannot be destroyed by battle. You can only use each effect of “Windwitch - Aurora Bell” once per turn.
Trivia: While Windwitches are good at burning, without Crystal Wing, they have little to no viability in battle. I set out to create a card that would make Windwitches actually decent in battle. Handtraps FTW!

Windwitch - Harmonious Bells: Normal Spell

Fusion summon 1 “Windwitch” fusion monster using WIND monsters from your hand or field as fusion material. A fusion monster summoned using this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. You cannot special summon monsters the turn you activate this card, except WIND spellcaster monsters.
I tried to make an in-archetype fusion spell, that also granted protection so that Crystal Bell could survive for more than 1 turn.

Windwitch - Blizzard: Counter Trap

If your opponent activates an effect targeting 1 “Windwitch” or “Crystal Wing” monster you control, negate that effect and destroy it, then inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You can only use 1 “Windwitch - Blizzard” per turn.
Trivia: I just gave this archetype of glass cannons more protection. Since Crystal Wing is pretty much a staple in Windwitch decks, I included it in the effect in case someone tries to banish it or return it to the hand.

Hello, fine person!  Welcome to YCM!

Just wanted to pop in because I really really like what you did with these.  All of these look both useful and flavorful.  Since the current Windwitch non-tuners pretty much cover consistency, it looks like you focused more on direction and power which is what the deck needs.  I think the cards themselves are all extremely solid, but I also have a couple suggestions:

1. Maybe you can add a Level 4 Windwitch Synchro to the group.  The deck doesn't have an in-archetype use for Frost Bell's GY effect.  It can summon "Old Entity Hastorr" and "Hi-Speedroid Puzzle" (and Daigusto Falcos), but those don't add a lot of value to a Windwitch deck.
  2. You might wanna try reworking the wording on Aurora Bell's first effect.  You can use the wording of something like "Honest" or "Aleister the Invoker" for it; the way it is worded now would not actually work if the monster would be destroyed by battle.  If you want some help with wording, feel free to PM me!

Overall though, excellent job on these!  Hope to see ya around some more!

Archived