[Written] Glove of Holdings

Dokutah

Gloves of Holding

Continuous Spell

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Toss a coin; increase your hand size by 1, also, if the result is Heads, draw 1 card. Whenever you would add a card(s) to your hand, you must add them as left-most cards in your hand in any order. You can only Summon OR activate cards and/or effects from your hand among your right-most card through the 2nd card adjacent to it. You cannot change the order of cards in your hand (even when its revealed and/or looked) You can only control 1 "Gloves of Holding"

This is fun as hell, doc. The wording is a little confusing, so I'll try to help you n.n

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Toss a coin; increase your hand size by 1, also, if the result is Heads, draw 1 card. When you would add a card to your hand, add it as the left-most card in your hand. You can only Summon OR activate cards and/or effects from your hand among your right-most card through the 2nd card adjacent to it.

More or less. The last part is pretty evil, though >_<. Anyway, like I said, fun stuff. 50% chance of drawing a card all turns, but a kinda annoying limitation at the end. I left the effect mandatory, but I added the once per turn clause, albeit, as you can see, it's not a HOPT, so you could have three copies of these thing throwing a party. Maybe you'd like to consider a HOPT. 

Something else struck to me suddenly. The part where it says: "When you would add a card"... The thing here is: this card only makes you add the cards in the leftmost part of your hand if it's only one you add? In that case, the wording would be "When you would 1 card". I have a feeling it always makes you add them to the leftmost part, and there's when the grammar gets trickier. Maybe something like: When you would add a card(s) to your hand, add them as your leftmost cards in your hand in any order. This way, it still is telling you to add them where the effect wants, but those multiple cards can be ordered in whichever order you'd like for tactical purposes.

On 8/28/2020 at 11:32 AM, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Gloves of Holding

Continuous Spell

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Toss a coin; increase your hand size by 1, also, if the result is Heads, draw 1 card. Whenever you would add a card(s) to your hand, you must add them as left-most cards in your hand in any order. You can only Summon OR activate cards and/or effects from your hand among your right-most card through the 2nd card adjacent to it. You can only control 1 "Gloves of Holding"

Maybe it's some rule I'm not aware of, but can't you shuffle your hand at any point during the Duel for no reason whatsoever? Even if the card says you have to add it as leftmost, that wouldn't stop you from just shuffling your hand around so you could use it anyway.

8 hours ago, TheWanderingMist said:

Maybe it's some rule I'm not aware of, but can't you shuffle your hand at any point during the Duel for no reason whatsoever? Even if the card says you have to add it as leftost, that wouldn't stop you from just shuffling your hand around so you could use it anyway.

probs another layer of text to prevent hand switcharoo like that latter effect of "Question", idk lmao

its one of those cards i just have to get out of my mind first, that's why its in casuals

• 2 weeks later...

@TheWanderingMist As far as I know, there is no rule to prevent you from shuffling your hand. People tend to do this out of a tic, nervousness, and more importantly, to prevent your opponent from keeping track of where's a card that was added to the hand. There's only a clear rule in tournaments regarding hands, and that's "Keep your hands and cards visible and above the table at all times."

In short, it's a bull's eye from the Doc to have added that last clause to prevent hand shuffling so this card's effect works as it should.

Archived