Second Unleash

Rayfield Lumina

SecondUnleash.jpg.aa929043ebbf19aa4b5ce3eeb10f010f.jpg

Second Unleash

Continuous Spell Card

You can target 1 Special Summoned monster you control, except a monster Special Summoned this turn; Special Summon that target, ignoring its Summoning conditions, and if you do, banish that target during the End Phase. This Special Summon cannot be negated by your opponent's card effects. You can only use this effect of "Second Unleash" once per turn.

Alrighty! So, this card has a sort of Gemini-vibe to it. Just as with Geminis you Normal Summon a Normal Summoned monster already on the field, this card does the same for Specials. It has the drawback of banishing the target, but on the bright side, your opponent can't do much about it, and it's only natural you want to use that target as material/cost before the end of the turn (unless your deck likes banished stuff). Anyway, I'm eager to know what do you think about this card. Is it broken? I mean, the ability to SS anything due the "ignoring its Summoning conditions" is nasty, then again, the card is a bit slow as it won't let you abuse the effect too much by SSing a monster and SSing again right away. But imagine the possibilities, considering the myriad of mobs who has the "If this card is Special Summoned..."

Comment and critique appreciated as always 🙂 

That's an interesting card. Too bad it doesn't treat the monster as properly Summoned if a card needs to be Ritual/Fusion/Synchro/Xyz/Pendulum/Link Summoned specifically (Like Black Rose Dragon nuking the field only when Synchro Summoned) or Special Summoned by the effect of X (such as LV monsters like the new Armed Dragon LV10 version).

Was thinking on Thunderclap Skywolf but that needs to be Summoned "from the GY" so it wouldn't work.
I wonder what such a card does for resetting certain things like soft OPT clauses, ATK stats (Gaia's new Fusion pays ATK soooo), or a lingering condition (Lost Wind's negation is a lasting one).

What targets might you have in mind?
Even at no targets off the top of my head, it is still an amusing idea that'd have the potential for cards to be made around it.

Mmm... I wonder if I could make an adequation about the type of Summoning. I'll think about that, it's bound to help a lot with this card's versatility!

The monsters that keep visiting my mind are the Elemental Lords. Just imagine SSing Moulinglacia the next turn after you summon it, bye 2 opponent's cards in the hand again. Honestly, I can't think of WATER Archetypes that work with Special Summon effects to work along with, though. There's also WIndrose, which has the Harpies Feather Duster effect, etc. Now, do you know of that ignored archetype, the Fur Hires? Every single member of those critters, except the Link, have an effect that can be abused with this card. They're either straightforward "If this card is Special Summoned..." or have an effect that says:  "If a monster "Fur Hire" is Special Summoned to your field while you control this monster (except during the Damage Step):...
So, this card works perfectly well for them. I guess there are many archetypes with this kind of effects, but I can't think of one in particular right now xD.

Had not thought about those. OMG.
Also, can you imagine copying any of those with Phantom of Chaos and then re-Summoning it to cheat the Summoning Conditions? 

After you brought those up, I think it has plenty of potential even without having to go into "proper Summon" (Fusion/Synchro/etc) fixes, and is very well worth the drawback of banishing the monster at the end.

On 9/9/2020 at 10:15 PM, Sleepy said:

Had not thought about those. OMG.
Also, can you imagine copying any of those with Phantom of Chaos and then re-Summoning it to cheat the Summoning Conditions? 

After you brought those up, I think it has plenty of potential even without having to go into "proper Summon" (Fusion/Synchro/etc) fixes, and is very well worth the drawback of banishing the monster at the end.

Sorry for the late response xD. I've been thinking of other possibilities for abusing this card. I remembered those ooold critters, the Arcana Force, remember them? (lol, I'm asking Sleepy if she remembers an old archetype). Anywho, most if not all of them have a toss a coin effect when SS'd, sometimes both are good and sometimes one is good and the other is horrible. At least this card could let them try again to get the effect they want. There are many members of the Crusadia archetype that activate their effects when they're Special Summoned to a zone a Link Crusadia is pointing to, and Link Crusadias activate an effect if an Effect monster is SS'd to a zone they're point to. Double effect time!

This makes me think, this card probably can change the target's location to any of your Main Monster Zones, right? That means any cards that require a particular placement, such as those that work with columns like Mekk-Knights or The Weather can benefit with this card, even if you weren't to re-activate the Summoning effect. Another potential use discovered! xD.

And yeah, now that you mention Phantom of Chaos, (although the realization doesn't have much to do with it) I realized this card has even more uses. For instance, you can bypass any limitation of effects that say "You can only activate this effect of X once while it's face-up on the field". If I understand correctly, you'd shake off evil traps and equipment, like a Fiendish Chain, or your monster being linked to stuff like Call of the Haunted. And you can reset negated effects, lost ATK/DEF or a permanent changes in battle position. Oh damn, I'm a genius! (although involuntarily, 'cause I didn't think of any of this while making the card, so not really xD).

Honorific mention to Black Rose Moonlight Dragon, Dingirsu, the Orcust of the Evening Star and Deep Sea Artisan/Minstrel/Sentry xP

And-and-a-and Norden *cries in a corner*

Archived