Crusader's Shield, LV support

I Hate Snatch Steal

Crusader's Shield

Quick-play Spell

Target 1 face-up "LV" monster you control; equip this card to that target. It cannot be destroyed by card effects and is unaffected by you're opponent's monster's effects (except its own). If this card is sent to the GY (except during the damage step): you can set it. You can only use this effect of "Crusader's Shield" once per turn.

@I Hate Snatch Steal do you mind if I point out a couple of thing in the grammar?

Target 1 "LV" monster you control; equip this card to that target. The monster equipped with this card cannot be destroyed by battle and is unaffected by your opponent's monster effects. If this card is sent to the GY: You can Set this card. You can only use this effect of "Crusader's Shield" once per turn.

So, I'm removing the "face-up" because the monster must be face-up so it is considered a LV monster, and even if it changes battle position during a chain with this card involved, you cannot equip face-down cards. I added the "The monster equipped with this card..." because when you read it, it gets a little debatable as which card is getting the protection, the monster or the spell in itself. It's arguable your grammar is there, as I've seen many equip spells with that simple wording, but I thought it's an ok precaution. Other than that, small details. I don't get why you specified (except its own), as it is only unaffected by your opponent's monster effects. In case you want prevent all monster effects to affect it, a "unaffected by other monster effects" is in order.

And well, about the card in itself, damn I'd say LVs need all the help they can. The protection is pretty powerful, and the card hard to take care of, as you'd need to banish it or destroy it twice in a turn to stop it from returning to the field. Normally, that kind of effects have a clause such as "but banish it when it leaves the field", like Lost WInd, so you might want to consider it. But I like the Horus and Allure Queen series, so it's nice you made this card n.n

2 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

@I Hate Snatch Steal do you mind if I point out a couple of thing in the grammar?

So, I'm removing the "face-up" because the monster must be face-up so it is considered a LV monster, and even if it changes battle position during a chain with this card involved, you cannot equip face-down cards. I added the "The monster equipped with this card..." because when you read it, it gets a little debatable as which card is getting the protection, the monster or the spell in itself. It's arguable your grammar is there, as I've seen many equip spells with that simple wording, but I thought it's an ok precaution. Other than that, small details. I don't get why you specified (except its own), as it is only unaffected by your opponent's monster effects. In case you want prevent all monster effects to affect it, a "unaffected by other monster effects" is in order.

And well, about the card in itself, damn I'd say LVs need all the help they can. The protection is pretty powerful, and the card hard to take care of, as you'd need to banish it or destroy it twice in a turn to stop it from returning to the field. Normally, that kind of effects have a clause such as "but banish it when it leaves the field", like Lost WInd, so you might want to consider it. But I like the Horus and Allure Queen series, so it's nice you made this card n.n

Thanks for the review. I forgot to include " (except during the damage step)" on the last effect but its fixed now.

26 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

B-B-But you didn't change... oh well, you're welcome xD. I guess the addition of the damage step part is a good measure, I normally forget to use it.

I guess it was implied before

edit: I just sent you a friend request on discord in case you want to join YGOCC, a custom card dueling server that uses a variation on YGO pro. No pressure of course.

edit2: There's an easier way to do this, duh: Here's an invite link: https://discord.gg/bPHzrys

Archived