Neo Space II: Eden of Evolution

Scarman3317

Eden of Evolution
Field Spell Card
https://www.pixelstalk.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Field-flowers-wallpaper-landscapes-background.jpg

http://static.materialicious.com/images/night-sky-landscapes-by-jesse-summers-o.jpg

(This card's name is always treated as "Neo Space".)
You can activate the effects of "Chrysalis" monters from your hand. When you Special Summon a "Neo-Spacian" monster(s): you can Special Summon 1 "Elemental HERO Neos" from your hand or Deck. The Fusion Summon of "Neos" monsters cannot be negated, also the effect of "Neos" Fusion monsters cannot be negated.

Eden is supposed to support Neo-Spacians in a way that is unique to the archetype and that also redeems Chrysalis monsters, which were never really viable, I guess, because the mechanic was too slow and too little rewarding. Unlike the original Neo Space, this card can't keep Neos fusions on the field, rather it was designed to function in a more reactive manner, ensuring that you can get value from their effects.

13290511.jpg

Well at least it is a pretty good card for what its intended to do. All Chrysalis is pretty much RotA that also summon Neos straight from your deck to make  up to 3 fusion that for the most part your opponent cannot distrupt (though ideally its 1 triple contact and 1 other single contact, preferable Nebula Neos and Aqua Neos after you pop their hand with dolphin)......OR, you can make a wacky Xyz deck that summon both Rank 3 and  7....OR, it just become a slighty hooping-around Link spam 

On 11/23/2020 at 2:31 AM, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Well at least it is a pretty good card for what its intended to do. All Chrysalis is pretty much RotA that also summon Neos straight from your deck to make  up to 3 fusion that for the most part your opponent cannot distrupt (though ideally its 1 triple contact and 1 other single contact, preferable Nebula Neos and Aqua Neos after you pop their hand with dolphin)......OR, you can make a wacky Xyz deck that summon both Rank 3 and  7....OR, it just become a slighty hooping-around Link spam 

Thank you for commenting! I designed this card with Nebula Neos in mind, so I'm happy that you made that example. I think that Eden would be particularly fun to experiment with in Xyz decks, too, even though I'm a bit worried about this mechanic being too advantageous (I recall Terrortop having a comparable mechanic to Eden of Evolution and being limited because of it). In Warrior decks, for instance, I might be able to summon Isolde with Aqua Dolphin and Neos without even using a Normal Summon. 

Archived