Phantom Beast Revamp/Support [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

I kinda wanted to make some support for a forgotten/underwhelming archetype and decided on Phantom Beasts.  If you don't count Mecha Phantom Beast, the archetype consists of 7 members (1 Normal monster, 4 Effect monsters, 1 Fusion, and 1 Trap).  Most of these have very little to do with each other and it makes it pretty difficult to build anything coherent with 'em, but I decided to try to do so anyway.

I think I managed to make something pretty decent out of 'em while also keeping their battle-focused playstyle, but all my creativity went into just making 'em usable.  If anyone has name suggestions for the monsters, please feel free to let me know!

Without further ado, onto the cards!

Phantom Beast 1
EARTH ****
Beast/Effect
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 LIGHT "Phantom Beast" monster from your Deck to the GY.  You can only use this effect of "Phantom Beast 1" thrice per turn.  All non-Machine "Phantom Beast" monsters you control gain the effects of all other non-Machine "Phantom Beast" monsters you control.
1600/800

Phantom Beast 2
EARTH ****
Beast/Effect
If this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast" monster from your hand.  All "Phantom Beast" monsters on the field gain 100 ATK/DEF.  All non-Machine "Phantom Beast" monsters you control gain the effects of all other non-Machine "Phantom Beast" monsters you control.
1200/1700

Phantom Beast 3
EARTH ****
Beast/Effect
If this card is Normal Summoned: You can change its battle position, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Phantom Beast" monster from your GY.  All non-Machine "Phantom Beast" monsters you control gain the effects of all other non-Machine "Phantom Beast" monsters you control.
200/2000

Phantom Beast 4
EARTH ****
Beast-Warrior/Effect
Your opponent cannot target other monsters you control for attacks or card effects.
1900/200

Phantom Beast 5
LIGHT ****
Winged Beast/Effect
During your Standby Phase while this card is in the GY, declare 1 card type (monster, spell, or trap).  Until the End Phase, "Phantom Beast" monsters on the field are unaffected by the effects of your opponent's cards of the declared type.
1000/1400

Phantom Beast 6
LIGHT ****
Winged Beast/Effect
While this card is in the GY, you can pay 800 LP; Special Summon 1 "Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts" from your hand, Deck, or GY.  You can only use this effect of "Phantom Beast 6" once per turn.
1200/1500

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phantom Beast Xyz
DARK R****
Beast-Warrior/Xyz/Effect
2+ Level 4 monsters
If this card battles, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.  You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; take 1 non-Machine "Phantom Beast" monster from your Deck, and either add it to your hand or send it to the GY.  If this card has a non-Machine "Phantom Beast" monster as Xyz Material, it gains this effect.
- All non-Machine "Phantom Beast" monsters you control gain the effects of all other non-Machine "Phantom Beast" monsters you control.
2200/1000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phantom Beast Rampage
Normal Spell
Tribute 1 monster; Special Summon 2 "Phantom Beast" monsters with different types from your hand or Deck in defense position.  If you tribute a "Phantom Beast" Normal or Fusion monster to activate this effect, you can Special Summon 3 monsters with different types instead.  You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of the turn except Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged Beast monsters.  You can only activate 1 "Phantom Beast Rampage" per turn.

Phantom Beast's Grove
Continuous Spell
You can Normal Summon 1 non-Machine "Phantom Beast" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set.  (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)  At the start of the Damage Step, when a "Phantom Beast" monster you control battles: Send the top card from your Deck to the GY, then, if the sent card is a monster, your monster gains 100 ATK x the sent monster's Level until the end of the turn.

Archived