Insurer Archetype [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

I was just thinking of old cards with discard costs (Lightning Vortex, Raigeki Break, etc.) and I wanted to make a set of cards that helped mitigate their costs without being too good.  Basically, this is an archetype of discard fodder that can help with a later grind game depending on which ones you'd use for a deck.

Do I think these would actually be used?  Not really, they are conditional and rely on specific cards to trigger, plus the game is too fast for it, but I think I accomplished what I set out to do with 'em.

Without further ado, onto the cards!

Dark Insurer
DARK *
Fiend/Effect
If this card is sent from your hand or side of the field to the GY to activate a Spell/Trap card or effect: You can draw 1 card then discard 1 card.
100/100

Angelic Insurer
LIGHT *
Fairy/Tuner/Effect
If this card is sent from your hand or side of the field to the GY to activate a Spell/Trap card or effect: You can Special Summon this card from your GY, but banish it when it leaves the field.
100/100

Vortex Insurer
WIND *
Winged Beast/Effect
If this card is sent from your hand or side of the field to the GY to activate a Spell/Trap card or effect: You can return 1 Spell/Trap card on the field or in the GY to the top of its owner's Deck.
100/100

Volcanic Insurer
FIRE *
Pyro/Effect
If this card is sent from your hand or side of the field to the GY to activate a Spell/Trap card or effect: You can target 1 monster on the field; destroy it, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent.
100/100

Torrential Insurer
WATER *
Aqua/Effect
If this card is sent from your hand or side of the field to the GY to activate a Spell/Trap card or effect: Send up to 3 cards from the top of your Deck to the GY.  You can only use this effect of "Torrential Insurer" twice per turn.
100/100

Quaking Insurer
EARTH *
Rock/Effect
If this card is sent from your hand or side of the field to the GY to activate a Spell/Trap card or effect: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; Set it.  That target cannot activate its effects in response to this card's effect.
100/100

Changing Insurance
Continuous Spell
You can discard 1 monster; Add 1 "Insurer" monster with a different Attribute from the discarded monster from your Deck to your hand.  You can only activate this effect of "Changing Insurance" once per turn.

Chaos Insurer
LIGHT **
Fiend/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1 non-Tuner monster
If this card is sent from your side of the field to the GY to activate a Spell/Trap card or effect: You can target 1 Normal Spell or 1 Normal Trap in your GY; Set that target, but it cannot be activated this turn.  You can only use this effect of "Chaos Insurer" once per turn.  You can banish this card from your GY and target 2 Level 1 "Insurer" monsters in your GY; Special Summon them, but they cannot be used as Material this turn, also, banish them during the End Phase.
1000/1000

Cheers!

Archived