Hi all

tofukid

Hi! Just started getting into Yu-Gi-Oh, coming from MTG. Mostly because of Legacy of the Duelist. 

I'm still unfamiliar with the cards, meta, acronyms etc but mostly here to get ideas on decks.

Nice to meet everyone, and hope to maybe contribute someday!

Hello, fine person!  Welcome to YCM!

If you have ygo-related card interaction questions feel free to ask here: https://www.cardmaker.net/forums/topic/352791-yu-gi-oh-rulings-questions/

We've got a number of users with a wide amount of experience with different kinds of decks, so if you're looking to try something new to play, I'm sure we'd be able to point you somewhere!

You said you're coming from MtG?  I keep trying to dip my toes into the game, but I can never stick with it for very long. 😅  What kind of stuff did you play in Magic?

Hey, Tofukid, welcome to the site! Starting your adventure in the world of Yu-Gi-Oh! can be a little overwhelming considering the sheer amount of rules and exceptions in existence, but worry not, just like Mr Melon said above, feel free to ask around and we'll gladly henp in what we can.Also, you might be already aware of this, but there's the Yugipedia site that's plenty helpful for learning about the game's rules and detailed info about the cards.

See ya around! n.n

P.D. I know there's a member in the site called Dokutah Jolly that is a MtG player, maybe you can befriend him, he's a cool guy :)

On 1/1/2021 at 11:59 PM, Mr Melon said:

You said you're coming from MtG?  I keep trying to dip my toes into the game, but I can never stick with it for very long. 😅  What kind of stuff did you play in Magic?

I played Friday Night Magic regularly, but not really to the competitive levels! I usually play with Green pauper decks, but haven't caught up to the 2021 and Zendikar sets!

On 1/2/2021 at 1:50 AM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Hey, Tofukid, welcome to the site! Starting your adventure in the world of Yu-Gi-Oh! can be a little overwhelming considering the sheer amount of rules and exceptions in existence, but worry not, just like Mr Melon said above, feel free to ask around and we'll gladly henp in what we can.Also, you might be already aware of this, but there's the Yugipedia site that's plenty helpful for learning about the game's rules and detailed info about the cards.

See ya around! n.n

P.D. I know there's a member in the site called Dokutah Jolly that is a MtG player, maybe you can befriend him, he's a cool guy :)

Thank you! I'm trying the ropes in Legacy of the Duelist, and am currently watching the GX anime XD. Thanks for the directions!

Archived