Just some light tribute fodder

Horu

Mino Creek

Field Spell Card

All face-up WATER monsters you control gain 100 ATK/DEF. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can Summon 1 "Mino Token" (WATER Attribute / Fish-Type / Level 1 / 100 ATK / 100 DEF) in Defense Position. If a "Mino Token" is removed from the field: You gain 100 LP.

For a little background, mino are those tiny fish that are seemingly infinite in number. Generally, they are farmed to feed other aquatic animals. So I figured they would make some nice tribute fodder.

The card is generic and the power boost won't help a water deck anyway. The whole point of the card is the tribute fodder. Summon Mino, tribute it, summon desired monster, gain 100 LP. Simple as that. Nothing more than a generic tribute fodder producing field spell.

Lemme help you a bit with some grammar details:

WATER monsters you control gain 100 ATK/DEF. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 "Mino Token" (Fish/WATER/ Level 1 ATK  100/ DEF 100) in Defense Position. If a "Mino Token" leaves the field: You gain 100 LP.

You don't need to mention All face-up since, if they're not face-up, they have no Attribute or other characteristics. You gotta say Special Summon for Tokens, also try to avoid using -Attribute and -Type, as they aren't used by Konami anymore, with the exception of monsters treated with multiple attributes, such as Invoked Elysium, only there you use -Attribute. Also, avoid using "is removed from the field", now you say "leaves the field".

About the card in itself: 100 ATK is extremely low of an increase for a Field Spell, and the 100 LP gain leaves to be desired. The best effect by far is the Tribute/material creation, of course. Thematically, I might have added a clause that won't let you use the Token as Tribute/Material unless you're using it for the Summon of a WATER mob, Kinda like if you take a whole turn to fish the token xD

Cheers n.n

Yeah. But I mean, eating a mino isn't gonna have any real benefit. But thanks for the input. Also, it was mostly intended to be generic tribute fodder for the decks that really don't need to benefit from field spells (or for folks that like to run tribute heavy deck). I may make another card that will make better tribute material later.

You're welcome.

And well, it would seem you're focusing mostly on the Tribute part, but given the current meta, Material for an Extra Deck Summon >>>>>>> Tribute Summon. This Field's capability of giving you a generic material each turn, specially for Link 1s (but not restricted to that) is much more important than any other characteristic this card has, imo.

Archived