(My Revival?) Restoration Angel

D.A._Sakuyamon

It has been quite some time since I was on here so I thought I'd come back with a fun idea of importing a MTG card into Yu-Gi-Oh form.

mtg__restoration_angel_by_algenpfleger-d

Name
Level 4 | Light |  Fairy | Effect
ATK 1900/DEF 1900
You can Special Summon this card (from the hand) when your opponent activates a card effect that would affect a monster you control. When this card is summoned; Banish another monster you control and then Special Summon that monster.

I do need help getting use too the problem solving card text since I'v been away so long.

Hello, fine person!  It's really been a while; glad to see some older peeps finding their way back here.

As for the card, it looks pretty close as a translation.  You can decide how close you want to keep the card to the original, but to make it more practical to yugioh, I'd rewrite the effect to something along the lines of this:

When your opponent activates a card or effect that targets a monster you control (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 of those monsters; Special Summon this card from your hand, then Special Summon that banished monster.

I took a few liberties with the effect (limiting it to dodging targeting effects, & combining all the effects together), but if you want it to be closer to the original, I can help word it that way.

It's not as important, but you might also want to lower one of the card's stats by a little bit; 1900/1900 is exceptionally strong for a Level 4 with only positive effects.

Archived