[NOW WITH PICS] Avatavara Archetype | call forth the Hindu Pantheon, and win in 7 step (9/9)

Dokutah

XfW6aIb.jpg

Avatavara Beast, Hamsa

FIRE / Level 1 / Beast / Effect

When this card would be attached as Xyz Material to Summon "Avatavara Deity, Brahma", you must attach this card as the top-most among those material. If this card is Summoned or flipped face up: You can add 1 "Avatavara" card from your Deck to your hand. During your Main Phase, while you have 3 "Avatavara Beast" Monsters with different names on your field and/or attached on an Xyz Monster(s) You control (Including this card): you can pay 500 LP; Special Summon 1 "Avatavara Deity, Brahma" from your GY or Extra Deck and then attach all All "Avatavara Beast" You control or attached as Materials on that summoned monster. You can only use each effect of "Avatavara Beast, Hamsa" once per turn

ATK 0 / DEF 0

yMZZglA.jpg

Avatavara Beast, Garuda

FIRE / Level 2 / Beast / Effect

When this card would be attached as Xyz Material to summon "Avatavara Deity, Brahma", you must attach this card as neither the top or bottom-most among those material. If this card is Summoned or flipped face up: Special Summon "Avatavara Beast" from your GY. During your Main phase, while this card attached on "Avatavara Deity, Brahma": you can pay 500 LP; Special Summon 1 "Avatavara Deity, Vishnu" from your GY or Extra Deck.  You can only use each effect of "Avatavara Beast, Garuda" once per turn

ATK 0 / DEF 0

1u7ss8w.jpg

Avatavara Beast, Nandi

FIRE / Level 3 / Beast / Effect

When this card would be attached as Xyz Material to summon "Avatavara Deity, Brahma": you must attach this card as the bottom-most among those material. If this card is Summoned or flipped face up: Immediately after this effect resolved, Normal Summon 1 "Avatavara Beast" Monster from your hand . During your Main phase, while this card attached on "Avatavara Deity, Brahma": you can pay 500 LP; Special Summon 1 "Avatavara Deity, Shiva" from your GY or Extra Deck. You can only use each effect of "Avatavara Beast, Nandi" once per turn

ATK 0 / DEF 0

iOrKxLj.jpg

Avatavara Deity, Brahma

FIRE / Rank  10 / Fairy / Xyz / Effect

Must be Special summoned by the effect of "Avatavara" card. You can only control 1 "Avatavara Deity Brahma". "Avatavara Deity" Monsters you control is unaffected by any card effect other than "Avatavara" card. During your Main Phase while you control 3 "Avatavara Deity" Monsters with different names, you can Transfer the top-most Material attached on "Avatavara Deity" Monsters you control to another "Avatavara Deity" Monster whose the Level of its top-most Xyz Material attached on it (if any) is higher than the the Xyz Material you would Transfer and then gain 1000 LP. You can only use this effect of "Avatavara Deity, Brahma" once per turn

ATK 0 / DEF 0

tU50Wy2.jpg

Avatavara Deity, Vishnu

Must be Special summoned by the effect of "Avatavara" card. You can only control 1 "Avatavara Deity Vishnu". "Avatavara Deity" Monster you control cannot be used as Tribute or Material to summon a monster OR to activate card or effect that summon monster. when either an opponent's non-"Avatavara" card or effect is activated OR "Avatavara Deity" monster you control is targeted for attack by non-"Avatavara" Monster (Quick Effect): You can pay 500 LP; negate that activation or attack. you can use this effect of "Avatavara Deity, Vishnu" twice per turn.

ATK 0 / DEF 0

CgX1ZIH.jpg

Avatavara Deity, Shiva

Must be Special summoned by the effect of "Avatavara" card. You can only control 1 "Avatavara Deity Shiva". "Avatavara Deity" Monster you control cannot be destroyed by battle also Battle Damage you take from battle involving non-"Avatavara" monster is halved. if you have exactly 3 "Avatavara Beast" Monsters with different Levels attached on this card as Xyz Material while you control 2 other "Avatavara Deity" Monster with different names that don't have material attached on it, You Win the Duel. You can pay 1000 LP (Quick Effect); target 1 non-"Avatavara" card on the field; Destroy it. You can only use this effect of "Avatavara Deity, Shiva" once per turn.

ATK  0 / DEF 0

wVD2xiv.jpg

Avatavara Escapee, Gotama

WATER / Rank  1 / Fairy / Xyz / Effect

2+ Level 1 Monster / Cannot be used as Tribute or Material to Summon monster. You can also Xyz Summon this card by using any number of "Avatavara Beast" Monster you control. And if you do, give control of this card to your opponent during the End Phase of this turn. If this card is Xyz Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Avatavara Beast" Monster from your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Avatavara Escapee, Gotama" once per turn.  Effects of "Avatavara Beast" Monster cannot be negated.

ATK 1500 / DEF 1500

Vpyev5y.jpg

Avatavara's  Samsara

Normal Spell

If you control an "Avatavara" monster, activate 1 of these effects, based on its name. If you control both "Avatavara Beast" and "Avatavara Deity" monsters, you can activate both effects and resolve in sequence.
● Avatavara Beast: Send 1 "Avatavara" card from your Deck to your GY, then draw 1 card
● Avatavara Deity: Target up to 3 "Avatavara" cards in your GY; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 1 card.

you can only activate 1 "Avatavara's Samsara" per turn

O7Jgocy.jpg

Avatavara's  Karma

Quick-Play Spell

Target 1 "Avatavara Deity" Xyz Monster you control and 1 card your opponent control (their choice); look at card(s) from the top or bottom of your Deck up to the number of Xyz materials attached to those target +1, and if you do, place those cards at the top or bottom of your Deck in any order, also targeted card you control gains 3000 ATK until the end of this turn and opponent's targeted card is also treated as "Avatavara" card until the end of this turn (even in face-down) You can only activate 1 "Avatavara's Karma" per turn.

• Dokutah changed the title to [Written] Avatavara Archetype | call forth the Hindu Pantheon, and win in 7 step (6/?)

The Hindu stairs to victory! I see, sounds like fun.

Probably the most concerning weakness I see in this strategy is the absolute vulnerability of these guys, except the ones with protection effects, to Chain Disappearance. Actually, if the opponent manage to use CD against your Hamsa, you're basically ded xD. Or this is, if you don't have any of the cards that let you bring back banished cards to the GY.

I'm thorn on Garuda's drawing effect. It's true that it is archetype locked, but double card draw feels like a lot for a Level 2 mob that recycles your stuff.

I'm aware that's part of the strategy, but in general I don't like mandatory effects, I wish the have that nice You can, but that's just me. xP

A suggestion in the grammar: you can omit completely the "and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways". Nowadays, saying Must be Special Summoned by X is enough n.n. Also, "Xyz Material" -> "material". It was fancier before, right? But Konami had to change that. Actually, Overlay Unit sounded cooler xD

Now, the delicious part: Brahma's material transfer effect is really cool and intriguing. It's pretty funny how you mention the top-most material. I'd say this goes in the field of experimental -your fav- since afaik there are no rules concerning the order in which materials are placed under the Xyz. Actually, if you're attaching something to one, you'd think it's gonna be at the bottom, so you gotta be careful in the order in which you pile the beasts, which is kind of fun.

Probably, the one part I don't like is how you can lol and, once you have the 3 beasts on the field (relatively simple task) you can Summon Brahma, then Vishnu, then Shiva, all of the same turn (for a relatively irrelevant LP cost). Vishnu's double omni-negating effect is pretty crazy, and combined with the other defenses, welp, I don't see too much chances to get rid of them once they're established on the field (again, very easily, imo) A 3 turn victory... welp, my Deadly-Go-Around was slow, after all xP.

I love this feeling of cycle the archetype has. From beasts to Deities, which in turn grant victory when they regain the beasts. of course, being Shiva the one to bring the destruction was the icing on the cake. This me likes.

@Rayfield Lumina  heads up, major update to the cards mechanic!

Im pretty much agree with eveything you said except about winning in 3 turns. but the twist here its not your fault to think like that, its my design blunder lol

They supposed to work like Tower of Hanoi games but somehow my sleep deprive brain forgot to putting some extra effects that ensure it (thus the major update) 

so in actuality it supposed to win the games for you by turn 7 lol

Ah cool, I'm glad my reply was of help to find the hole in the design n.n. Actually, I felt like imagining how it'd go. This is hella fun:

Turn 1 - Hypothetically, I manage to summon the 3 Beasts. I summon Brahma, with Hamsa on top, Garuda in the middle and Nandi in the bottom, and proceed to Summon Vishnu, then Shiva. On the same turn, I transfer Hamsa to Shiva.
Turn 2 - I transfer Garuda to Vishnu
Turn 3 - I transfer Hamsa to Vishnu, on top of Garuda
Turn 4 - I transfer Nandi to Shiva
Turn 5 - I transfer Hamsa to Brahma (welcome back, buddy!)
Turn 6 - I transfer Garuda to Shiva, on top of Nandi. Now, here's the one thing that makes me question if I'm doing it wrong. Garuda can only go, "in the middle" but also says "if possible". If I transfer Garuda on top of Nandi, it's at the top, not in the middle. Then again, I don't see other options. If Hamsa is already somewhere, I can't transfer there, since Hamsa is lowest level. I can't leave Nandi as the last transfer, because the others are lower in level. So this must be it. In that case, if by pointing this out you feel the wording is a little ambiguous, maybe you could tweak it a lil' further, by saying something like:  
"When this card would be attached and/or transferred as material, you can't attach this card as the top nor the bottom card among the materials of the Xyz Monster this card is being attached/transferring to, unless it has 1 or no materials."           <---- note that beyond the change in wording, I made another important change: after material, I replaced the colon for a comma, because from my point of view, this can be treated as a continuous condition, not as an effect that activates. If you agree with this, I recommend changing that for all the Beasts.
Turn 7 - I transfer Hamsa to Shiva, on top of Garuda and Nandi and lolol xD

@Rayfield Lumina i manage to adopt your last suggestion...to a different effect though, now they specifically care about material sequencing ONLY when it would attached to brahma in the initial summon. Which supposedly pose no problem since just like the completed sequence you provide the only one return back to brahma will be hamsa and by then it past the restriction other than the stacking restriction of the brahma transfer effect

6 hours ago, MadaraUchiha1 said:

I think this is a pretty intriguing archetype and it seems like it would be a competitive deck 

Intriguing? Yes, Competitive? Not really lol 

It has ton of protection and instant wincon but it only as instant as turn 7, pretty long window for current standard. 

On 2/4/2021 at 9:09 AM, Dokutah Jolly said:

@Rayfield Lumina i manage to adopt your last suggestion...to a different effect though, now they specifically care about material sequencing ONLY when it would attached to brahma in the initial summon. Which supposedly pose no problem since just like the completed sequence you provide the only one return back to brahma will be hamsa and by then it past the restriction other than the stacking restriction of the brahma transfer effect

Alright! I feel like the archetype is getting close to its best possibility. Now, I wonder about the (6/?) Plans for Spell/Traps that support this? Given that the powerful protections are pretty easy to establish, i imagine other support is not going to be more immunities, so perhaps it will aloow to quickly Summon/recycle the Beasts, and other stalling effects. And talking about stalling effects...

19 hours ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

Intriguing? Yes, Competitive? Not really lol 

It has ton of protection and instant wincon but it only as instant as turn 7, pretty long window for current standard. 

If you're turn one, this definitely has potential to be rather dangerous. Combined with all manner of stuff that negates Summon and activations right off the bat, plus more stalling, it should work rather well. The 3 deities combined have complete effect immunity, protection from being Tributed or used as material, battle destruction resistance, and would halve pierce... then what's left is direct damage, maybe something to keep in mind. Mobs like Battle Fader and Swift Scarecrow might be useful for giving you the time to establish the field, also.

• Dokutah changed the title to [Written] Avatavara Archetype | call forth the Hindu Pantheon, and win in 7 step (7/7)
  • Dokutah changed the title to [Written] Avatavara Archetype | call forth the Hindu Pantheon, and win in 7 step (8/8)

Ah cool, more Avatavara cards, I must see!

Escapee, Gotama - Hey, cultural question. Whcih Gotama/Gautama you're referring to? I've tried, buuut... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_(disambiguation)

About the card - First member with ATK / DEF, and the ATK / DEF is OP lol. So far, there's Drytron Mu-Beta Fafnir with 2000/0, We got Slacker Magician with 200 /2100, totalling 2300. Your Rank 1 is 3500 total, hahaha. But ok, it is given to the opponent, so in essence the stats are a bit inconsequential, though it's good it has enough ATK to beat something you want to get rid of before it is passed to the opponent. Now I see what you mean when the re-distribution of protection effects, good going.

Karmic Tutor - Interesting wording and good effect. I feel like i could help a little, as the PSCT seems it could be improved a bit.

If you control an "Avatavara" monster, activate 1 of these effects, based on its name. If you control both "Avatavara Beast" and "Avatavara Deity" monsters, you can activate both effects and resolve in sequence.
● Avatavara Beast: Send 1 "Avatavara" card from your Deck to your GY, then draw 1 card
● Avatavara Deity: Target up to 3 "Avatavara" cards in your GY; shuffle them into the Deck, then draw 1 card.

@Rayfield Lumina Ah yes Gotama/Gautama as is the Buddha himself. It based on a rather unique Vishnu lore that might originated from early religious conflict between hindu and buddhist in which the lore that one of Vishnu incarnation form (avatar) is mimicking buddha although it plays roles as devils advocate rather than the usual love and peace buddha. Thank good that conflict already settles long time ago so this part of the lore is largely forgotten now to my knowledge

I might lower the ATK on gotama, but keep it high enough. So that its still has this conflict interaction being the only thing that the original hindu pantheon can't touch. The flavor just too good IMO lol

• Dokutah changed the title to [NOW WITH PICS] Avatavara Archetype | call forth the Hindu Pantheon, and win in 7 step (9/9)

Chosen pics are fantastic, the archetype is looking better than ever n.n. It doesn't happen too often that you make the customs pictured, right' This one must be special for you. Honestly, though, I was disappointed after seeing Samsara (which was Karmic Tutor before) because you didn't consider the PSCT suggestion I gave, but no can do -_-

There are a couple of details in the new card (like, some part says "cards card" lol

Target 1 "Avatavara" Xyz Monster you control, except "Avatavara Escapee, Gotama"; look at card(s) from the top or bottom of your Deck up to the number of materials attached to the target +1, and if you do, place those cards at the top or bottom of your Deck in any order, also the target gains 3000 ATK until the end of this turn. The first time in a turn when your opponent activates a card or effect: They can target this card in your GY; banish it, and if you do, the name of the activated card or effect is also treated as "Avatavara Escapee" until the end of this turn.  You can only activate 1 "Avatavara's Karma" per turn.

*Pant* *Pant*

This PSCT took me centuries xD. Also, it's likely it's far from perfect, but it resolves some important issues in the original version. You definitely cannot give a Spell a (Quick Effect) as they're exclusive to Monsters. What I did is use something similar to what the third bulleted effect of Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins, which is a Quick-Like effect that Spell or Traps can have (and is not the inherent Spell Speed 2 effect of a Quick-Play). The First time thingy is also pretty restrictive and trick for the wording, but I think what I'm suggesting works fine. Alternatively, I also made this:

During either player's turn, before your opponent activates any card or effect: Your opponent can banish this card from your GY, and if they do, the name of the next card or effect they activate is also treated as "Avatavara Escapee" until the end of this turn.

Pretty funny stuff, imo.It follows the example of Magical Musket guys, which have Continuous effects that can be used "During either player's turn", giving that old wording now replaced by (Quick Effect) a whole new dimension.

Also, we're saying here

"the card name of the activated card or effect is also treated as..."

It strikes me as weird that an effect is changing names. I know what it means, it's just strange, but it's also hella complicated to say something like "the card name of the card to which that effect belongs to..."

Ahhh, damn PSCT.

6 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Ahhh, damn PSCT.

to be fair i might get too creative but with equally dulling the correctness when sleep deprived again lol

im definitely fixed the spells especially Karma with easier to understand interaction (maybe even buff it a bit given that Karma supposedly a double-edged sword the same way Gotama does)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived