Dragon Forge (archetype) (6 cards)

Sleepy

The concept gameplay-wise is they are generic good Spell staples that can be swapped with each other for consistency. Except they can only swap when "unrevealed" because otherwise I'd have to put a hard OPT clause to everything or they'd be able to infinitely swap back and forth and loops are not the purpose of this.

Concept flavor-wise is that they are dragon weapons. Usually based on steel-made creations so you can always re-forge them with dragonic magic.
. . . . yeah, I had the drawings first, and everything else got shaped around them. Not the best approach but yeah xD

Pardon the weird fact that they have Attributes: I was currently unable to give them the regular Spell icon but I think it still works out regardless.
One more thing: I'll help with reading them... the blue text is the same effect for all of them.

- - - - - -

pkGdsGE.pngDragon Forge - Mighty Mallet
[Spell]

You can shuffle this unrevealed card from your hand into the Deck, then, add 1 "Dragon Forge" Spell from your Deck to your hand, but it remains revealed while in your hand, until the End Phase. You can target 1 monster your opponent controls up to the number of revealed "Dragon Forge" Spells in your hand +1; destroy as many of them as possible.

rJ1jkbN.png

Dragon Forge - Tempestuous Trident
[Spell]

You can shuffle this unrevealed card from your hand into the Deck, then, add 1 "Dragon Forge" Spell from your Deck to your hand, but it remains revealed while in your hand, until the End Phase. You can target 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls up to the number of revealed "Dragon Forge" Spells in your hand +1; destroy as many of them as possible.

nKvjKVy.png
Dragon Forge - Lucky Lance
[Spell]

You can shuffle this unrevealed card from your hand into the Deck, then, add 1 "Dragon Forge" Spell from your Deck to your hand, but it remains revealed while in your hand, until the End Phase. You can accumulate these effects depending on the number of revealed "Dragon Forge" cards in your hand.
0+: Your opponent discards 1 card.
1+: The discard is random instead.
2+: The discard is banished.
3+: Look at your opponent's hand and select the card instead.
4+: Your opponent chooses a second card in their hand to be affected by this card.
You can only use this effect of "Dragon Forge - Lucky Lance" once per turn.

51RvL3Z.png
Dragon Forge - Drastic Drill and Shield
[Spell]

You can shuffle this unrevealed card from your hand into the Deck, then, add 1 "Dragon Forge" Spell from your Deck to your hand, but it remains revealed while in your hand, until the End Phase.  Banish face-down a card(s) from the top of your Deck equal to the number of revealed "Dragon Forge" cards in your hand +1. During each of your Standby Phases, you can add 1 of them to your hand. Also, if you would take damage from your opponent's attack or effect: You can halve that damage and add 1 card banished this way to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Dragon Forge - Drastic Drill and Shield" once per battle.

pyiJLs4.png
Dragon Forge - Mourning Morning Star
[Spell]

You can shuffle this unrevealed card from your hand into the Deck, then, add 1 "Dragon Forge" Spell from your Deck to your hand, but it remains revealed while in your hand, until the End Phase. Target a card(s) from any GYs up to the number of revealed "Dragon Forge" cards in your hand +1; banish them. Also, this turn, negate the effect of an opponent's card(s) with the same name as the card(s) banished this way.

Sh4UPv1.png
Dragon Forge - Sacred Sword
[Spell]

You can shuffle this unrevealed card from your hand into the Deck, then, add 1 "Dragon Forge" Spell from your Deck to your hand, but it remains revealed while in your hand, until the End Phase. This card's activation/effect cannot be negated. Place Blessing Counters cards on the field up to the number of revealed "Dragon Forge" cards in your hand +1.
An opponent's card with a Blessing Counter has its effect negated.
With 2 Blessing Counters, a monster's ATK/DEF become 0, and non-monsters get shuffled into the Deck.
If your card(s) with a Blessing Counter would be destroyed, remove 1 Blessing Counter from them instead.
With 2 Blessing Counters, your monsters gain the ATK/DEF reduced by this effect from opponent monsters they battle with, during damage calculation only. 

Heeeeey... wait a second... I'm detecting something... like, the overall format of the post? It looks really well, but I can't quite put my finger on it... could it be... checks Rayfield Lumina's archetypes*** Mmm... interes --- SHOT

But I really love the whole idea! Interchangeable Spells for every occasion... it's like Chabelo's Catafixia, but better, as you know what's behind the curtain (Deck).

Mighty MalletPossibly the weakest of the set, but still good. Compared to a Raigeki, has more trouble to clean the field, but we know that nowadays a Raigeki is not truly that relevant. If anything, this card has hand in being better because of the archetypal effect as well as the possibility to choose which monster is destroyed, which can be a blessing vs stuff that just lols at board swipes and ends with more monsters than before after the chain is resolved xD. Bad part, it targets. If you don't mind, I have a suggestion to improve the grammar:

You can target a number of monsters your opponent controls up to the number of revealed "Dragon Forge" Spells in your hand +1; destroy as many of them as possible.

Tempestuous Trident - The pseudo Harpies. Leaving aside the archetypal effect, I'm not sure if it's better than Harpies... certainly, it's less common that a Spell in the GY triggers something beneficial for the opponent, but there are instances... at any rate, I like the immediateness of Harpies more, but this card is still very, very good. Ah! Before going further, the tiniest of details: after using the conjunction "then", don't use a comma. I noticed you did in the blue effect, and I just went to double check this is correct, so yeah, the comma just goes before then, not after.

Lucky Lance - Hell, Delinquent Duo could learn a thing or two about the balance of this card. I'm all in for it, but the overall wording strikes me as weird. It is in time like this when I curse my lack of overall knowledge of cards, as I want to know if any official card has the "accumulate" term on it. Anyway, when you go through the bulleted effects, some stuff strikes me as weird.

2+ The discard is banished --> The discarded card is banished
3+ Select --> Choose
4+ It's just... strange, but maybe I'm simply not understanding it well. 4+ makes a second card being affected and the opponent chooses which one... At 3+, you have the power to choose the card, so 4 contradicts 3, and yeah, I know it is separate from the first discard, but 4+ says "second card in their hand to be affected by this card"... affected, but what is affected, and to which extent? Again, if it is up to 3+, then there's a contradiction between who chooses the card to be discarded... if affected means "just discard 1 more, dude", well, as I understand it, affect would be usable if the card had 1, invariable effect, and since this card has cumulative effects that get changed by others by using instead, lol, well, everything is as confusing as this paragraph xD.

Drastic Drill and Shield - Drastic because it is the most barbarous card in the set? Because I think it is. This card is just brutal, allowing you to leave a lingering effect that will let you, in a good scenario, add around 3 or 4 banished cards. What's even more crazy is, like I said recently in other of your posts, that you can look at face-down banished cards, so you can pick the one you need the most to add each turn. Another tiny detail, if you use the conjunction "also", don't use period, then start a new sentence. Instead, simply use a comma, or use two if it is "..., also, after that,
I honestly don't like the halving effect, it's the one thing I'm kinda against in the archetype. It's limited to the already revealed cards, yeah, but the possibility of quickly obtaining a +2 or +3 while reducing incoming damage, without means of the opponent to stop it is just stronk. Ah, and it's optional, so you can let a 300 damage pass by and activate it when you want. The good thing is the overall card's effectiveness depends on the archetype, as the others. In short, it's that big detail that makes the card balanced (still crazy xD).

Mourning Morning Star - Some suggested tweaks for the effect:

Target a card(s) in either GY up to the number of revealed "Dragon Forge" cards in your hand +1; banish them, also, after that, negate the effect of cards with the same name as the cards banished by this effect until the end of this turn.

I think the above works better. "Also, after that" is a sequential conjunction that I feel works best for the intended effect.

Sacred Sword - Oooof... this is hard to word correctly... lemme try another version, kinda for the funsies, because I don't think it will be correct... at least, before the bullets, there's a correction you got to make.

This card's activation/effect cannot be negated. Place Blessing Counters on cards on the field up to the number of revealed "Dragon Forge" cards in your hand +1. Apply the following effects on cards with Blessing Counters, depending on the possessor of the card, the type of card it is and the number of Blessing Counters on it.
⚪ 1+, Opponent's: Negate the card's effect.
⚪ 2+, Opponent's monster: The monster's  ATK/DEF becomes 0
⚪ 2+, Opponent's Spell/Trap: Shuffle that card into the Deck.
⚪ 1+, Your card: If the card would be destroyed, you can remove 1 Blessing Counter from it instead.
⚪ 2+ Your monster: The monster gains ATK equal to the original ATK of a monster it is battling whose ATK has been reduced by this card's effect during damage calculation only

Last effect was a bit of a hell to reword, and it's not exactly the same, as the boost is based on the original ATK... I just feel it is more understandable this way, lol. I don't know... it's a kinda hard to pull off effect, as it requires at least 4 revealed cards to do its thing... but it's not OPT... if you manage to catch a truly strong monster with this, it's bad news to the opponent. Note that I made a small change so the effect can remain if it has more than 3 Counters.. you never know.

Overall Thoughts: I truly had fun going through this, and to add to the party, it's all cards with your drawings (my favourite is Mourning, I think xD). Only concerned about the balance of Drastic and Sacred, I think these are pretty cool tools, with the drawback of having to work as an archetype to go to the fullest, meaning you take up a lot of space in the Deck, and since they're not focused effects, but a wide variety, it's hard to tell which archetypes could make use of these to the fullest. Big Like goes for you.

Archived