Delinquent Solo [written]

Sleepy

Delinquent Solo
[Spell]
Pay 1000 LP; your opponent banishes 1 random card from their hand. You can only activate 1 "Delinquent Solo" per turn.

- - -

Serious question: What is this card's viability in your opinion?
Delinquent Duo is banned because it discards 2 and 1 of them being random means your opponent might lose something they didn't want to.
Confiscation is a +0 but you snipe the best card and get info on the hand.
Hand disruption is typically risky to do but I gave it a hard OPT clause to prevent loops, and gave your opponent full control over the discard which might work to the detriment of the player running this card.

I considered putting the cost at 500 LP (half of Delinquent Duo) and/or making the discard a fully random one.... but IDK if that'd be too much... I take any feedback on this concept you might wanna throw at me.

I think the card is fine as is, the only concerning aspect is if there is some way to loop this card and discard your opponent's entire starting hand. Overall the card is balanced. I almost want to see a version that is a quick play spell and 2000LP cost?

On 6/3/2021 at 7:10 PM, ITSUKOSOADO said:

I think the card is fine as is, the only concerning aspect is if there is some way to loop this card and discard your opponent's entire starting hand. Overall the card is balanced. I almost want to see a version that is a quick play spell and 2000LP cost?

It'd be the slowest loop ever because you can only activate this spell once per turn even if you recycle it into the hand.
Making it a quick-play almost sounds like it would be needed to double the amount of turns it can be used on considering the above.

2000 LP is a bit too much to pay. The card is very prone to having your opponent choose to discard a card that'll help them in the GY. I was even iffy about the 1000 LP cost I gave it myself xD

Thanks for the feedback xP

On 5/29/2021 at 2:19 PM, Sleepy said:

I considered putting the cost at 500 LP (half of Delinquent Duo) and/or making the discard a fully random one.... but IDK if that'd be too much... I take any feedback on this concept you might wanna throw at me.

I'm inclined to the random effect. It's as you say:

- Ah, you want me to discard one card? Cool, Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss to the GY.

I'm thinking of Mind Crush. Well, yeah, it's a Trap, and you need info on the opponent's card, but nowadays that's a given considering the amount of add to hand stuff, and has no cost, and you hit where it hurts. I dunno. Mmm... how about something like:

Activate 1 of the following effects:

* Pay 500 LP; your opponent discards 1 card of their choice.
* Pay 1000 LP; your opponent discards 1 random card.
* Pay 1000 LP; your opponent banishes 1 card of their choice from their hand.
* Pay 1500 LP; your opponent banishes 1 random card from their hand.

You can only activate 1 "Delinquent Solo" per turn.

The delinquent is alone, but he's astute, and has a lot of skills at his disposal xD. No really, probably this is too much, but I'm giving you many possibilities in the hope some of them are of your liking. Incidentally, I believe effect 3 or 4 would be the most used, perhaps they need a higher cost, like 1500 and 2000, but I'm not sure.

The wording was more or less taken precisely from Delinquent Duo n.n

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I'm inclined to the random effect. It's as you say:

- Ah, you want me to discard one card? Cool, Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss to the GY.

I'm thinking of Mind Crush. Well, yeah, it's a Trap, and you need info on the opponent's card, but nowadays that's a given considering the amount of add to hand stuff, and has no cost, and you hit where it hurts. I dunno. Mmm... how about something like:

Activate 1 of the following effects:

* Pay 500 LP; your opponent discards 1 card of their choice.
* Pay 1000 LP; your opponent discards 1 random card.
* Pay 1000 LP; your opponent banishes 1 card of their choice from their hand.
* Pay 1500 LP; your opponent banishes 1 random card from their hand.

You can only activate 1 "Delinquent Solo" per turn.

The delinquent is alone, but he's astute, and has a lot of skills at his disposal xD. No really, probably this is too much, but I'm giving you many possibilities in the hope some of them are of your liking. Incidentally, I believe effect 3 or 4 would be the most used, perhaps they need a higher cost, like 1500 and 2000, but I'm not sure.

The wording was more or less taken precisely from Delinquent Duo n.n

Thanks, although I think that is a bit too many variations if I were to include them all. I'll probably just make it a random card xD 
Maybe just flat out banish random actually, to prevent GY friendly cards.

Archived