Triple Star Back-up [written]

Sleepy

Triple Star Back-up
[Quick-play Spell]

When you activate this card: Immediately after this effect resolves, Normal Summon 1 Level 3 monster from your hand. It gains 1400 ATK and DEF, and while it remains on the field, that Attack Position monster is unaffected by your opponent's effects until it destroys a monster by battle. You can banish this card and a Level 3 monster both from your GY; add 1 "Triple Star Back-up" from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 effect of "Triple Star Back-up" per turn.

- - - -

Notes:
I was thinking how to not completely outclass "Double Summon" and other similar effects, but yes bring a bit of a push in some angle. I then realized Level 3 monsters (and by extension Rank 3 engines) have not been considered very good for a while. This is then potentially decent for Cyberdarks, Burning Abyss, or even can give you a 2400 ATK "White Magical Hat" or decently sized 1800 ATK "Injection Fairy Lily" without having to always pay for its effect. I'm sure there's tons of other stuff around.  I personally wanna use it on Dark Scorpions xD

The card is also viable to search with "Foolish Burial Goods".
The protection clause is something I very much wanted to implement somewhere xD

On 5/31/2021 at 2:49 PM, 531 said:

can make strong combo with gora turtle, i like 😈

You know? After you posted that I realized that as soon as the owner gets to switch the monster to Defense Position, it is almost impossible to out, so I edited it in a way that it'll only keep the effect protection while in Attack Position. 

For a moment the Gora Turtle comment scared me there. I was like "wait, boosted unaffected wall will be invincible!".... I for some reason thought nothing could attack it,  but it was the other way around, so I calmed down and realized I didn't break the game after all there xD

Another use is to Summon something like Tour Guide, she'll get her effect with mostly no disruptions to worry about. 

Pretty nice! Some cards are coming to mind: Crane Crane, Mathematician, or even the freaking Spacian Mole xD. I believe this one is pretty solid, being the Quick-Play Attribute the icing in the cake. Just a detail:

After this effect resolves: Immediately Normal Summon... ---> Immediately after this effect resolves: Normal Summon...

In truth, I have 1 doubt, which would be if you actually need to use the colon after resolves. Turns out I consulted the card I always check for this kind of effect, Yang Zing Unleashed, then a more "recent one", I. P. Masquerena, and they both use a comma. The situations are different, so there might be something I'm not considering.

But all in all, a fun card I'd like to use here and there n.n

21 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Pretty nice! Some cards are coming to mind: Crane Crane, Mathematician, or even the freaking Spacian Mole xD. I believe this one is pretty solid, being the Quick-Play Attribute the icing in the cake. Just a detail:

After this effect resolves: Immediately Normal Summon... ---> Immediately after this effect resolves: Normal Summon...

In truth, I have 1 doubt, which would be if you actually need to use the colon after resolves. Turns out I consulted the card I always check for this kind of effect, Yang Zing Unleashed, then a more "recent one", I. P. Masquerena, and they both use a comma. The situations are different, so there might be something I'm not considering.

But all in all, a fun card I'd like to use here and there n.n

Actually thought of Neo Spacians when I was making this as part of the things it'd support, but did not go deep about it. It'd be funny to have a 2300 ATK Grandmole that can actually beat over things and save its bounce for key threats. You can also use Aqua Dolphin that would go up to about 2000 ATK and have a better shot at sniping at your opponent's hand on its own.

Mathematician at 2900 sound great. 1700 ATK Crane Crane is alright but I'm guessing on this one, the double Summon bit is what counts. There's also 2400 ATK Tour Guide, and any Cyberdark monster will average on 3800 ATK (800 original + 1400 from this spell + the equip, which is often a 1600 ATK archetype member).

The wording is a little awkward and I admit I just went on gut feel a bit xD
I was looking at a very recent card, "Proof of Pruflas" but a key difference is that my card has nothing to write for except "you can:" before the colon, and that is kinda weird.... but yes, I believe the "immediately ....." section goes after the colons and should just have a comma.... since I actually looked at the cards closely to verify (I should have probably done that when I posted the card xD )

Archived