Ring of Regeneration [written]

Sleepy

Ring of Regeneration
[Trap Card]
During your opponent's turn: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls whose ATK is less than or equal to their LP; destroy that face-up monster, and if you do, your opponent gains LP equal to its original ATK, then you gain LP equal to the LP your opponent gained. If this card is in the GY: You can reveal 1 "Legendary Dragon" card from your hand or field; place this card face-up in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Trap, but banish it when it leaves the field. While treated as a Continuous Trap, you can have this card's name treated as the name of a Trap listed in the text of a Dragon Fusion monster in your Extra Deck. You can only activate each effect of "Ring of Regeneration" once per turn.

- - - -

NOTES:

You might be asking: why did Sleepy keep the "lower than the their LP" clause?.....
Well, that is because heal/burn (the deck that uses "Bad Reaction to Simochi" and " Darklord Nurse Reficule") can make this card a better Ring of Destruction if I do,
If you change your opponent's heal into burn that way though, you won't get any heal LP yourself, similar to how Ring of Destruction doesn't burn your opponent if you dodge your own burn.

The last bit actually came as I was finished with the original idea of the card and was about to hit "upload" xD
Basically, it becomes a free replacement for any of Critias's Fusions (Crush Card Virus, Ring of Destruction, Tyrant Wings, Mirror Force). 
Considering we got stuff like "Mirror Force Launcher", "Loop of Destruction", and "Trap Trick" in the game, searching/recycling for Critias itself is probably the biggest concern of that strategy but I still thought it was a fun idea to throw it a bone.

Is it convoluted? Yeah probably xD
My idea was just "Ring of Destruction, but as LP gain" and it somehow changed into this xD

14 hours ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

would still use this in heal burn because removing one monster and dealing 4000 dmg makes it a better magic cylinder.

Yeah, any version of Ring is better than Magic Cylinder. It not needing to wait for an attack, and getting rid of the monster in question on top of the burn. 
Even if you end up just healing without any damage involved, it means you can afford to pay LP more.

Though 4000? What monster do you have in mind with such a big number? xD

On 6/5/2021 at 10:27 AM, Sleepy said:

You might be asking: why did Sleepy keep the "lower than the their LP" clause?.....

More like, why is Sleepy so hawt and se --- GETS SHOT WITH BAZOOKA

Ahem, this looks like a nice card that actually surprised me when it started talking about Legendary Dragons. It might go into the realm of "convoluted", but I'm in favour of the effect, as it allows the card to get a needed flexibility (though very niche). I'm unsure about the fact this card banishes any face-up mob, as long as it's the opponent's turn. It makes me think a little of Dimensional Prison. Both will only do their thing on opponent's turn, but this one is like 500 better as it obliterates something at any moment, which is juicy and takes a dream I had with a friend 1 step further, which was having a Trap or Spell that simply and without anything as cost could target 1 mob on the field and destroy it. Evidently there's the LP gain for both players, which could be a blessing or a curse, but as you mention, in the right deck this will be pretty effective and scary. Me likes

22 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

More like, why is Sleepy so hawt and se --- GETS SHOT WITH BAZOOKA

Ahem, this looks like a nice card that actually surprised me when it started talking about Legendary Dragons. It might go into the realm of "convoluted", but I'm in favour of the effect, as it allows the card to get a needed flexibility (though very niche). I'm unsure about the fact this card banishes any face-up mob, as long as it's the opponent's turn. It makes me think a little of Dimensional Prison. Both will only do their thing on opponent's turn, but this one is like 500 better as it obliterates something at any moment, which is juicy and takes a dream I had with a friend 1 step further, which was having a Trap or Spell that simply and without anything as cost could target 1 mob on the field and destroy it. Evidently there's the LP gain for both players, which could be a blessing or a curse, but as you mention, in the right deck this will be pretty effective and scary. Me likes

Ah yeah, I had the "banish" part when the card didn't do anything else after the LP gain bit. Then the Legendary Dragon stuff came out.
I think I should probably revert it back to destruction, as that'd be good enough I think.

I also just realized its Legendary Dragon-related effect can go with any Dragon Fusion in the game... IDK if that can potentially break anything when it gains names like Blue Eyes, Dark Magician, Red Eyes, etc.... because I'm fairly sure copying, say, Dark Magician's name, would allow you to use cards that require you to control that name (like "Dark Magic Attack"). 
I'll ponder on if I need to fix that and how xD

Thanks for the reply n.n
and lol at that first line xD

9 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Ah yeah, I had the "banish" part when the card didn't do anything else after the LP gain bit. Then the Legendary Dragon stuff came out.
I think I should probably revert it back to destruction, as that'd be good enough I think.

I also just realized its Legendary Dragon-related effect can go with any Dragon Fusion in the game... IDK if that can potentially break anything when it gains names like Blue Eyes, Dark Magician, Red Eyes, etc.... because I'm fairly sure copying, say, Dark Magician's name, would allow you to use cards that require you to control that name (like "Dark Magic Attack"). 
I'll ponder on if I need to fix that and how xD

Thanks for the reply n.n
and lol at that first line xD

Ummm, but wait, unless I'm missing something I believe you don't need to be concerned about the name copying. The effect specifies Traps:

While treated as a Continuous Trap, you can have this card's name treated as the name of a Trap listed in the text of a Dragon Fusion monster in your Extra Deck

So I think the card is safe on that regard n.n

50 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Ummm, but wait, unless I'm missing something I believe you don't need to be concerned about the name copying. The effect specifies Traps:

While treated as a Continuous Trap, you can have this card's name treated as the name of a Trap listed in the text of a Dragon Fusion monster in your Extra Deck

So I think the card is safe on that regard n.n

Huh I facepalmed at myself, I think I really needed to sleep there if I missed my own measure there xD

Thanks, I also missed editing the banish part into destroying like I said I would. That'll have to wait for me to get home because I don't trust my mobile tools for editing here xP

Archived