[2 written cards] "Fragment of Orichalcos" & "Heart of the Legend"

Sleepy

Fragment of Orichalcos
[Quick-Play Spell]
Reveal 1 "Orichalcos" monster from your hand, field, or GY, then place 1 "Orichalcos" Field Spell in your Field Zone from your hand, Deck or GY. If placed this way, it does not prevent you from Special Summoning monsters from your Extra Deck, also, its effect cannot be negated while in the Field Zone. If an "Orichalcos" Field Spell would leave the field, you can banish this card from your GY instead.

- - - - -

Heart of the Legend
[Quick-Play Spell]
You can Tribute 1 Warrior monster when you activate this card. Set any number of "Legendary Dragon" Spells into your Spell & Trap Zones, each with different names, from your hand, Deck, and/or GY. Then, if you Tributed a Warrior monster, reveal a Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck that lists each card you set this way, and from your hand, Deck, and/or GY, set 1 monster or Trap named in each of that Fusion Monster(s). 

- - - - -

NOTES:

-"The Seal of Orichalcos" has 2 very annoying clauses IRL that were not necessary. You can only activate it once per Duel, and you must destroy all your Special Summons the moment you do. My card dodges both by not activating it, but instead "placing it". This is not without precedent. An example of cards that are placed like that comes from the Destiny Board/ D-E-A-T-H / F-I-N-A-L cards. There's also some Pendulum support out there that just "places" the Scales if I remember correctly, although some specific samples of that escape my mind right now.

-Heart of the Legend, is a flip on their support card "Legend of Heart" that Summons the knight versions of these dragons (that's also where the Warrior cost comes from flavor-wise).
If the effect is confusion, it basically:
Sets you up to 1 Timaeus, 1 Critias, 1 Hermos, from anywhere to your field, THEN if you Tribute 1 Warrior, it sets you from anywhere 1 Fusion material for each of them.
-Timaeus has Dark Magician or Dark Magician Girl.
-Critias has Tyrant's Wing, Ring of Destruction, Mirror Force, Crush Card Virus.
-Hermos has Queen's Knight, Time Wizard, Red-Eyes Black Dragon, Rocket Warrior.... but Hermos sucks because its Fusions don't actually list any names.... this means it can probably not bring out anything to mix with. It also doesn't help that you always HAVE to equip what he brings out.... and can never unequip itself, and fixing that into my card would be too much special text for this. This one's gonna have to get the short end of the stick.

-The cards aren't exactly a set but they are themed as direct enemies in the anime (legendary dragons vs orichalcos) so I thought it'd be appropriate to just put them in the same thread, but feel feel free to only address the one that interests you most if you don't wanna go over both of them.

1️⃣ You know, Sleepy, I have an idea regarding a particular part of the text. It's not something that has been used before, but I feel it could work (I mean, Konami keeps coming up with stuff, sooo...

Reveal 1 "Orichalcos" monster from your hand, field, or GY, then place 1 "Orichalcos" Field Spell in your Field Zone from your hand, Deck or GY. If placed this way, it does not prevent you from Special Summoning monsters from your Extra Deck, also, its effect cannot be negated while in the Field Zone. If an "Orichalcos" Field Spell would leave the field, you can banish this card from your GY instead.

I'm following the method used by monster that say "If Summoned this way... I dunno, but somehow I believe this looks fancy and works well xD. I agree with you, the effects aren't that extreme that it warrants a OPD clause, and now with the "banish instead" effect this thing is bound to stay on the field for centuries, dual protection seems too strong for the opponent to want to spend the resources on it. Best thing they could do is to shuffle it into your Deck, but methods to do so are scarce.

2️⃣ I wonder if you don't need to add a specification on the number of Spells being Set. Like, "Set any number of "Legendary Dragon" Spells into your Spell & Trap Zones, each with different names, from your hand, Deck, and/or GY" , then...

Note that, for both cards, I made a very slight change, before .Also and .Then , I used commas, because, at least AFAIK, you use comma when using those conjunctions. The effect looks rather cool. If they survive your opponent's turn, you're ready to Fusion Summon and have a go. Looks like you're taking your Legendary Dragon shenanigans seriously as of late xD.

On 6/8/2021 at 5:33 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

1️⃣ You know, Sleepy, I have an idea regarding a particular part of the text. It's not something that has been used before, but I feel it could work (I mean, Konami keeps coming up with stuff, sooo...

Reveal 1 "Orichalcos" monster from your hand, field, or GY, then place 1 "Orichalcos" Field Spell in your Field Zone from your hand, Deck or GY. If placed this way, it does not prevent you from Special Summoning monsters from your Extra Deck, also, its effect cannot be negated while in the Field Zone. If an "Orichalcos" Field Spell would leave the field, you can banish this card from your GY instead.

I'm following the method used by monster that say "If Summoned this way... I dunno, but somehow I believe this looks fancy and works well xD. I agree with you, the effects aren't that extreme that it warrants a OPD clause, and now with the "banish instead" effect this thing is bound to stay on the field for centuries, dual protection seems too strong for the opponent to want to spend the resources on it. Best thing they could do is to shuffle it into your Deck, but methods to do so are scarce.

2️⃣ I wonder if you don't need to add a specification on the number of Spells being Set. Like, "Set any number of "Legendary Dragon" Spells into your Spell & Trap Zones, each with different names, from your hand, Deck, and/or GY" , then...

Note that, for both cards, I made a very slight change, before .Also and .Then , I used commas, because, at least AFAIK, you use comma when using those conjunctions. The effect looks rather cool. If they survive your opponent's turn, you're ready to Fusion Summon and have a go. Looks like you're taking your Legendary Dragon shenanigans seriously as of late xD.

I'm finally able to get back to you ;9

You know? I like the subtle changes in that wording. I can't say I proof checked it against cards with similar wordings.
I do recall that although not incredibly common, there are decks out there with ways to get this off the field, like how Madolche Queen Tiaramisu can shuffle it into the Deck without targeting, and without it being hard OPT. Then again, my card in this thread would probably be played at 3 if the deck revolved around the field spell, and it being quick play... it'd take some blood, sweat, and tears to leave the field Orichalcos-less. xP

I believe indeed I forgot that little bit. IDK if I thought everything was too wordy or if I just forgot to add it. It might not look it but that Legendary Dragon Spell was actually quite a wording nightmare. I knew what I wanted it to do but I tried to explain the effect in the card a few different ways and most of them ended about twice as long and not all that clear xD
The card is pretty convoluted, but in its simplest form it can be as simple as the effect "set 1 Ring of Destruction from your hand, Deck or GY" and end it there haha.
The Legendary Dragon support was just random ideas. I'd rather reboot them than keep adding to the mess... same with stuff like poor Orichalcos Shunoros.

Archived