Cytidle Archetype (16 cards:')))

zazaramatra

Hello everyone, I’m new here. I found it pretty interesting creating a new card, hence I made this new archetype, Cytidle:))) I’m not sure what that name really means, maybe ice + citadel:)))?! I’m posting it here (sorry if it’s not the right place to post something like this, cause I cannot find the Multiples subforum anywhere else :((), hope you guys could look through and give me some comments/reviews if possible;)), maybe how can I improve one’s effect, anything needs to be nerf, which cards they would work well with, or is there anything wrong with the grammar/wording (sorry cause I’m not good at English and there might be plenty of problems with my sentences, please point them out, I’ll really appreciate that;’))… I’m fine with criticism, so feel free!

Talking a little bit about the archetype, Cytidle is just like a combination between Drytron and Lyrilusc:)), but can be Normal/Special Summon and harder to OTK. Btw, it also possesses more effects that help defending against opponent’s effects. OK here we go!

Monsters:

Princess Emilia I of Cytidle

Level 1/WATER/Spellcaster

500/500

You can tribute 1 "Cytidle" monster from your hand or field, Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in Defense Position, then you can add 1 other "Cytidle" card from your Deck to the hand. If your opponent activates a monster effect (Quick Effect): You can discard this card and 1 "Cytidle" card, negate the activation, then add 1 "Cytidle" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of this card once per turn.

Princess Emilia II of Cytidle

500/500

You can tribute 1 "Cytidle" monster from your hand or field, Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in Defense Position, then you can add 1 other "Cytidle" card from your Deck to your hand. If your opponent activates a Spell/Trap (Quick Effect): You can discard this card and 1 "Cytidle" card, negate the activation, then add 1 other "Cytidle" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of this card once per turn.

Princess Emilia III of Cytidle

500/500

You can tribute 1 "Cytidle" monster from your hand or field, Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in Defense Position, then draw 1 card. If your opponent activates an effect that add card(s) from the Deck to the hand or Special Summon monster(s) from the Deck (Quick Effect): You can discard this card and 1 "Cytidle" card, negate the activation, then draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of this card once per turn.

Some thoughts: Handtraps might be a trend now so I guess I’ll just need to make these 3:))) They re pretty good searchers too.

Peerless Tactician of Cytidle

Rank 1/WATER/Spellcaster/Xyz

1000/0

4+ Level 1 "Cytidle" monsters

Cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. This card can attack directly. If 3 or more "Cytidle" monsters are attached to this card as Xyz Materials: "Cytidle" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle, also you take no battle damage in battles involving this card. You can detach 1 Xyz Material on this card, destroy all your opponent's Spells/Traps.

Some thoughts: I made this card next to be the boss of this deck:)) It’ll be more effective in combo with the two spell “Cytidle Battleplan - Rune Engrave” and “Frost Mate of Cytidle”, which can be found below, for an OTK deck;))

Little Magus of Cytidle

500/500

You can tribute 1 "Cytidle" monster from your hand or field, Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in Defense Position, then you can Special Summon any number of "Little Magus of Cytidle" from your hand in Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Little Magus of Cytidle" once per turn.

Some thoughts: This will need a combo with the field Spell “Ice Kingdom of Cytidle”, I just needed some really quick summons:)))

Prudent Advisor of Cytidle

Rank 1/WATER/Spellcaster/Xyz

1000/0

2+ Level 1 "Cytidle" monsters

As long as this card remains face-up on the field: Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to the activation of your "Cytidle" cards' effects. You can detach 1 Xyz Material on this card to target 1 face-up "Cytidal" monster you control: It gains 500 ATK until the end of this turn. You can only activate this effect once per turn.

Some thoughts: An effective way to counter effect negating, yay:))) This card can also buff the Tactician a little:)))

Charming Witch of Cytidle

500/500

You can tribute 1 "Cytidle" monster from your hand or field, Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in Defense Position, then you can send 1 "Cytidle" card from your Deck to the GY, except "Charming Witch of Cytidle". If this card is sent to the GY by a "Cytidle" monster's effect: You can add 1 "Cytidle" monster from the GY to your hand, except "Charming Witch of Cytidle". You can only activate each effect of this card once per turn.

Steel Nightingale of Cytidle

Level 1/WATER/Warrior

500/500

You can tribute 1 "Cytidle" monster from your hand or field, Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in Defense Position, then you can excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, add up to 1 "Cytidle" card from those cards to your hand and shuffle the Deck. If this card is sent to the GY by a "Cytidle" monster's effect: You can add 1 "Cytidle" Spell/Trap from the GY to your hand. You can only activate each effect of this card once per turn.

Iceblade Knight of Cytidle

Level 1/WATER/Warrior

500/500

You can tribute 1 "Cytidle" monster from your hand or field, Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in Defense Position, then you can Special Summon 1 "Cytidle" monster with 500 ATK from the GY, except "Iceblade Knight of Cytidle". You can only use this effect of "Iceblade Knight of Cytidle" once per turn.

Some thoughts: Just 3 seachers to speed up the deck:)))

Spell/Trap:

Cytidle Battleplan - Rune Engrave

Equip Spell

A Xyz Monster equipped by this card gains 500 ATK for each "Cytidle" monster attached to it as Xyz Material. You can only control 1 "Cytidle Battleplan - Rune Engrave".

Frost Mate of Cytidle

Normal Spell

Target a "Cytidle" monster you control: It can attack twice this turn, but cannot attack during your next Battle Phase. You can only activate 1 "Frost Mate of Cytidle" per turn.

Some thoughts: These 2 spells make up an OTK, as I ve mentioned above;))

Cytidle Icy Blossom

Normal Spell

Special Summon 1 “Cytidle” monster from your Deck, but destroy it during the End Phase. You can only activate 1 “Cytidle Iceblade Blossom” per turn. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Cytidle" monsters, the turn you activate this card.

Ice Kingdom of Cytidle

Field Spell

When this card is activated: You can add 1 other "Cytidle" card from your Deck to your hand. When you Special Summon a "Cytidle" monster from the GY: Place 1 counter on this card (max. 3). Once per turn: You can remove 3 counters on this card to draw 1 card or add any number of "Cytidle" monsters with the same name from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Ice Kingdom of Cytidle" per turn.

Some thoughts: Let’s speed up the deck with some effective spells! Btw, the field spell works well with Little Magus;))

Eternal Salvation of Cytidle

Continuous Spell

While this card remains face-up on the field: All "Cytidle" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by your opponent's monster effects. If this card is in the GY: You can discard 1 “Cytidle” monster, add this card to your hand. You can only use this effect of “Eternal Salvation of Cytidle” once per turn.

Cyan Sorcery of Cytidle

Normal Spell

Target 1 "Cytidle" card in the GY, add it to the hand. If this card is in the GY, during either player's turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 card your opponent controls and 1 "Cytidle" monster you control, banish the first target, then the second target gains 500 ATK until the End Phase; and if you do, banish this card. You can only use each effect of "Cyan Sorcery of Cytidle" once per turn.

Cytidle Honour Restoration

Counter Trap

When your opponent Normal or Special Summons a monster(s), while you control a "Cytidle" monster: Negate the Summon, and if you do, shuffle that monster into the Deck. You can only activate 1 “Cytidle Honour Restoration” per turn.

Some thoughts: These cards can defense the Deck well, while cyan sorcery can also buff tactician:))).

Thank you for spending time reading this post! I have also made those into looking-real cards, which were all inside this drive link (the images may be pretty small, u should zoom them cause they're actually big;))! I used TCG Editor, Photoshop, and most of the pics are from this page;))

Hope you guys like this, and remember to leave a comment/review to express what u r feeling about this archetype! Again, thank you, and have a nice day!

So many Emilias! Makes me thing of the girl from Re:Zero. Any relation?

I truly loved this archetype. My essence is WATER = ✅, but the overall theme is a lot of my liking, an Ice kingdom, magicians, tacticians, how nice n.n. I had in my mind an archetype called Damselice which featured similar stuff, but never finished it, because I wanted it to be made with drawings of my own. Enough about me, tho, let's move to the cards.

The whole set looks really balanced. I'm concerned about how fast your resources will be spent, but I believe you have more or less enough methods to replenish, plus low ATK Water mons mean Salvage will be happy, and Moray of Greed is bound to be pretty effective around here. Lots of counters to everything, but pretty much a single method to go for the damage, Tactician + the spells, making it a relatively brittle strategy. I'd like if the deck finds a damage alternative, because as it is seems unreliable in the damage side. You remember Wetlands? If only some of these cards were Aqua instead of Spellcaster or Warrior, you'd have some more punching. Of course, Ice Kingdom is an excellent card, but you could use Wetlands as a finisher. Some slight corrections and thoughts:

The correct PSCT for the main effect of the archetype:

You can Tribute 1 "Cytidle" monster from your hand or field; Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in Defense Position...

Minor stuff. Tribute with T, and more importantly, semi colon after the cost.

Xyz Material ---> material. Yep, looks more dull, but that's the wording Konami is using now.

Emilia III seems a bit OP. Not much, as the cost is relatively heavy (though it can combo with some cards, benefiting you from the discard. It's OP imo because the broad negating effect. It includes both adding to card effects and SSing from Deck. I'd say you should go for only 1 kind of disruption.Not to mention, the effect ends up adding 1 more card x_x.

Look, essentially, it's fine that you say "You can only use each effect of this card once per turn." In truth, OCG does this. But in TCG the correct way would be "You can only use each effect of "Emilia-chan" once per turn. Or a super HOPT "You can only use 1 "Emilia-chan" effect per turn, and only once that turn. And yeah, I know they aren't Emilia-chan xD

Charming Witch is one of my favs. It's more or less an Atlantean card, as it gets an additional effect when sent to GY to pay for another card in the archetype. Also the name is cute.

Prudent Advisor says "Cytidal", you gotta fix that.

The Spell/Traps look simple and well balanced. I like most of them, except maybe Cyan Sorcery. Maybe I'm overreacting, but a card that in the GY can banish itself to banish an opponent's mob as fast effect, then increase one of your mobs ATK seems a little OP. Maybe banish ---> destruction , or, considering what I said earlier about the lack of punch, +1000 ATK only.

~~~~

Oh man, I checked the link and your cards are truly wonderful,I LOVE them. I'm fond of Grandblue Phantasy's art style, and this looks really well in YGO cards along with that pretty background you used. I particularly liked Charming Witch and Iceblade knight (yep, I'm a person of waifus lol). Great work!

Welcome to YCM and keep it up n.n

P.D: And pls make smaller archetypes if you can, because archetypes this big are hard to review lol. Oh well, don't pay me mind, feel free to post what you will, but it's harder for people to post in threads this big, we got IRL to do, after all, not much free time. Anywho, see ya around.

Thank you very much @Rayfield Lumina for your advice! And yes, u were right, that 3 emilia's artworks remind me of her somehow, then I decided to use her name after all. And those characters, both Charming Witch and Iceblade Knight are really pretty, right;)) I also kinda like Emilia 1, too (since she's so cuteee uwu).

About some methods to fill up the field, I did also think about some cards like One for One, Salvage and Where Arf Thou while constructing this archetype, however I didnt remember about Moray of Greed at all (OMG). Such a great card, thank u a lot (I just intended to use Pot of Prosperity tho lol). Btw, I dont think the Deck will match up properly with Wetlands, but I do think it need sth like an alternative (and somehow more reliable) source of damge, hence I made this new one (tho it somehow looks like Lion Heart:))):

Ancient Beast of Cytidle

Rank 1/WATER/Beast

1000/0

3+ Level 1 "Cytidle" monsters
This card cannot be destroyed by your opponent's Spells/Traps. Once per turn, during the Battle Phase, you can detach 1 Xyz material on this card: It can attack all your opponent's monsters, once each; then double any battle damage from its attacks during the damage caculation. Your opponent takes any battle damage you would have taken from battles involving this card. 

It will be a good damage dealer in corporation with Tactician's effect (yeah if I dont have the required spells for him on the field:))) What do u think?

About the wording issues, I'll fix those too and update the latest ones on the drive link:3 Thank u for pointing them out for me, I really appreciate that!

Btw, I did some needed buffs and nerfs too, and also edited the effect of the archetype into "You can Tribute 1 "Cytidle" monster from your hand or field; Special Summon this card from your hand or GY, then...";)) Eternal Salvation gained a buff that now all "Cytidle" cards cannot be destroyed by opponent's monster effects, instead of only "Cytidle" monsters, since I realized that those spells are way too fragile and they also need some protection:)) Emilia 3 recieved a nerf that her effect require discarding "this card and 1 "Cytidle" Spell/Trap"; I mean the Spell/Trap of this archetype will be much more useless in consideration with monsters if sent to the GY, hence it could be a real cost for her effect;))

The biggest change is for Cyan Sorcery (cause I agree with u that Quick Effect activated in the GY is too OP, while it can also banish card lol), and here's the detailed new one:

Cyan Sorcery of Cytidle

Normal Spell

Add 1 "Cytidle" card in the GY to the hand, except "Cyan Sorcery of Cytidle". If this card is in the GY, during either player's Battle Phase: You can target 1 card your opponent controls and 1 "Cytidle" monster you control, destroy the first target, then the second target gains 500 ATK until the end of the Battle Phase; and if you do, banish this card. You can only use each effect of "Cyan Sorcery of Cytidle" once per turn.

After all, thank u a lot for helping me out, I really appreciate that:3 If there're still any problems, please let me know;))

Have a lovely day!

@zazaramatra I'm glad my suggestions were of use to you. I'm pretty much in favour to most of the adjustments you made, and Ancient Beast is scary, but balanced by, again, the requirement of several external tools to do its stuff well and 3 material usage. Good thing I made it in time before you made the corrections in the card texts, because I forgot a little detail:

You can Tribute 1 "Cytidle" monster from your hand or field; Special Summon this card from your hand or GY in face-up Defense Position...

As you know, SSing in Defense Position can be made both in face-up and face-down position, so you need to specify.

There's something else that I remembered due to your reply that I intended to mention in my previous comment but forgot to include amidst the review: Spells with (Quick Effect) do not exist. The (Quick Effect) is 100% restricted to monsters, AFAIK, but even Spell Speed 1 Spells, like this one, or Fields/Continuous, etc. DO have methods to use fast effects (Spell Speed 2). Consider this card, Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins, and looks at bulleted effect 3. Even if it's a Field Spell, it has a Fast Effect. Yep, I know that with the new version of the card this info is unneeded, but I wanted to let you know this so you don't give Quick Effect to Spell/Traps in future creations. For the sake of it, let's look for an alternative if you were to keep the fast effect.

I'm unsure if you're 100% obliged to wait for an action to happen so you can react to it, but let's go with it for the time being. In that case, you need some condition for your card to react to

...When your opponent Summons a monster and this card is in your GY: You can banish this card, then target 1 card your opponent controls and 1 "Cytidle" monster you control; banish the first target, then the second target gains 500 ATK until the End Phase. You can only use each effect of "Cyan Sorcery of Cytidle" once per turn.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot for informing me that @Rayfield Lumina:3

Some small updates: I buffed Steel Nightingale as now she can add 1 Spell from the GY to hand (not only "Cytidle" ones) if sent to the GY by "Cytidle" monsters' eff, so that she can combo with Foolish Burial Goods:)) The reason is that One for One is kinda a really important card in this deck:v

Btw, I've made this new spell in order to support the archetype with filling up the field, otherwise it'd be kinda slow lol (tho im still wondering whether using "after that" is proper here:)))

Cytidle Art of the Ice Spirits

Normal Spell

Target 1 "Cytidle" monster with 500 ATK you control, Special Summon 1 monster with the same name from your hand or GY; after that, if you control "Peerless Tactician of Cytidle", you can add 1 monster with that name from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Cytidle Art of the Ice Spirits" per turn.

Cytidle Art of the Ice Spirits.png

2 hours ago, zazaramatra said:

Thanks a lot for informing me that @Rayfield Lumina:3

Some small updates: I buffed Steel Nightingale as now she can add 1 Spell from the GY to hand (not only "Cytidle" ones) if sent to the GY by "Cytidle" monsters' eff, so that she can combo with Foolish Burial Goods:)) The reason is that One for One is kinda a really important card in this deck:v

Btw, I've made this new spell in order to support the archetype with filling up the field, otherwise it'd be kinda slow lol (tho im still wondering whether using "after that" is proper here:)))

Cytidle Art of the Ice Spirits

Normal Spell

Target 1 "Cytidle" monster with 500 ATK you control, Special Summon 1 monster with the same name from your hand or GY; after that, if you control "Peerless Tactician of Cytidle", you can add 1 monster with that name from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Cytidle Art of the Ice Spirits" per turn.

Cytidle Art of the Ice Spirits.png

I'm not downright against the buff of Nightingale, but you got to be careful when handling effects that recycle generic cards, or it becomes way too strong. I have a feeling that, in order for it to be more balanced, you could give it a little clause. Something like: 

If this card is sent to the GY to activate a "Cytidle" card effect: You can target 1 Spell in your GY; add it to your hand, also, you cannot activate that Spell for the rest of this turn.

Note that I changed the formula a bit, not only because of the clause, but the overall structure of the sentence. Normally, you target cards in the GY before adding them. Also, I made it so the effect can be activated by any Cytidle card. IIRC, you have no Spell/Traps that send monsters to the GY as cost, but it's good measure to keep the effect like so in case you develop more support in the future.

Some adjustments with the new card which, by the way, seems pretty cool:

Target 1 "Cytidle" monster you control with an original ATK of 500; Special Summon 1 monster with the same name as the target from your hand or GY, also, after that, you can add 1 monster with the same name as the target from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Cytidle Art of the Spirits per turn".

Really sorry for this late reply:((, and thank u a lot @Rayfield Lumina for giving me advices.

I agree with u that adding a generic card to hand is somehow OP, but I d rather change Nightingale into st like this, (banishing will prevent her from recycling 1 spell over and over I think:))):

You can Tribute 1 "Cytidle" monster from your hand or field; Special Summon this card from your hand or GY, then you can excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, add 1 excavated "Cytidle" card to the hand and send the rest to the GY. If this card is sent to the GY by a "Cytidle" card's effect: You can target 1 Spell in your GY and Set it, but banish it if it leaves the field. You can only use each effect of "Steel Nightingale of Cytidle" once per turn.

Thanks a lot for helping me out with the wording, the new card sounds clearer now:3

Besides, I ve tested this deck on duelingbook and I realized that it usually gives me a dead hand, which means I dont have enough resources to summon the needed monsters or add some important spells (even with moray of greed sometimes lol) :'(( Thats why I decided to make a new searcher for them, and it'll make the searching somehow easier:

Cytidle Frozen Gale

Normal Spell

Target any number of "Princess Emilia" monsters with different names from your field and/or GY; shufle 1 of those targets into the Deck, then add the rest to your hand. If 2 cards were added to your hand this way, you can add 1 "Cytidle" card from the Deck to the hand. You can only activate 1 "Cytidle Frozen Gale" per turn.

Btw, having 3 emilia in the GY is quite hard, hence most of the time it ll bring them from field back to hand:(( It can also target only 2 of them and just add 1 to the hand to be used as a handtrap if needed, so it could be a good support for the archetype;))

Cytidle Frozen Gale.png

Archived