Suship [written]

Loleo

This is an archetype that only exist in the OCG and I was glad this got some new cards! I didn't like Urchin Suship's design so I wanted to update it and add more cards while I'm at it.

Spiny Suship

FIRE Level 5

Aqua/Effect

(This card is always treated as Urchin Suship)

You can target 1 "Suship" monster you control; its Level becomes 4 or 5, then you can add 1 "Rice Suship" from your Deck to your hand. You can reveal the top card of your deck; if it is a "Suship" card Special Summon this card from your hand, then apply this effect based on the revealed card:
● "Rice Suship": You can Special Summon the revealed monster, then you can place a "Suship" card from you GY on the bottom of the deck.
● Otherwise: Place the revealed card on the bottom of the Deck, then then you can place a "Suship" card from you GY on the top of the deck.                       

You can only use each effect of "Urchin Suship" once per turn.

900/500

Salmon Suship

level 4

You can banish one "Suship" spell/trap from your GY to special summon this card from your hand or GY. You can reveal one card from your hand or the top of your deck and if it is a "Suship" monster; this card is treated as the revealed monster while face-up on the field and as material. If this card is excavated by the effect of a "Suship" card you can attach it to a "Suship" XYZ monster you control as material. You can only use each effect of "Salmon Suship" once per turn.

700/250

Mixed Suship (the name is a WIP Frigate?)

Rank 4 FIRE

Aqua/XYZ/Effect

2+ level 4 monsters

Once per turn, you can detach a material from this card; apply the following effects in order based on the remaining material:

*"Rice Suship": draw 1 card.

*"Roe Suship": This card can make a second attack during the first battle phase this turn.

*"Icefish Suship": add one "Suship" spell/trap from your deck to your hand.

*"Urchin Suship": This card can attack Directly.

600/1200

Fishing Suship (the name is a WIP Submarine?)

Rank 5 FIRE

Aqua/XYZ/Effect

2+ level 5 monsters

If this card is Xyz Summoned: You can apply these effects based on the monsters used as material while those monsters are material on this card.
● "Urchin Suship": This card can attack directly.
● "Roe Suship": This card an make a second attack during each Battle Phase.

Once per turn during your main phase 1, you can detach a material from this card and banish up to 3 "Suship" cards from your GY; apply the following effects in order based on the remaining material:

*"Rice Suship": If you banished 3 cards by this effect this turn; banish one card on the field.

*"Icefish Suship": Return a card on the field to its owners hand for each card banished by this effect this turn.

*"Icefish Suship","Rice Suship","Roe Suhip", and Urchin Shuship": If you banished 3 cards by this effect this turn; return 1 card from each player's hand field and GY to the top of their deck in any order.

1500/800

New:

Suship Rank-up Rice row

quickplay spell

You can target one rank 4 "Suship" you control; special summon 1 rank 5 "Suship" and attach the targeted monster and its XYZ materials to the summoned rank 5 as material. If this card in your GY was destroyed by your opponent's card you can banish this card and reveal Suship spell/traps in your hand up to the number of unoccupied main monster zones on your side of the field. Special summon the revealed cards in face-up defense and treat them as ("Rice Suship" level 4 Fire Aqua 2000/0).

Any fixes, comments, compliments, and questions are greatly appreciated.

I was playing a bit of Suship in my absence. It's a fun deck, though more members are sorely needed.

Overall, I would say that the cards are fine design-wise. There are a few wording issues, but those are pretty easy fixes (for example: is Mixed Suship a Rank 4 or 5? The Rank says 4, but the materials say 5). Really though, I think the only issue I have with them is the flavor pun intended.

The other Suship Xyzs intentionally lack detach effects. After all, the ships are comprised of the Rice + the insides/topping. Having a detach effect is like eating the Rice portion of the sushi and leaving the insides on your plate (or vice-versa). It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Is the Mixed Suship supposed to represent a platter of sushi/fleet of ships? If so, maybe it could be Summoned using Suship Xyzs as Material? That way, detaching a material is like consuming a whole sushi (rather than a single ingredient).

I dunno, just food for thought man, I'm on fire today!

29 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

I was playing a bit of Suship in my absence. It's a fun deck, though more members are sorely needed.

Overall, I would say that the cards are fine design-wise. There are a few wording issues, but those are pretty easy fixes (for example: is Mixed Suship a Rank 4 or 5? The Rank says 4, but the materials say 5). Really though, I think the only issue I have with them is the flavor pun intended.

The other Suship Xyzs intentionally lack detach effects. After all, the ships are comprised of the Rice + the insides/topping. Having a detach effect is like eating the Rice portion of the sushi and leaving the insides on your plate (or vice-versa). It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Is the Mixed Suship supposed to represent a platter of sushi/fleet of ships? If so, maybe it could be Summoned using Suship Xyzs as Material? That way, detaching a material is like consuming a whole sushi (rather than a single ingredient).

I dunno, just food for thought man, I'm on fire today!

Thanks for the review. Suship is very fun.

Fixed the material mistake.

"Having a detach effect is like eating the Rice portion of the sushi and leaving the insides on your plate (or vice-versa)." This is what I do muahahaha. For real though sometimes I eat the parts of my sushi separately and people hate it.

I have now made a Suship rank-up.

This support is really cute and charming, I had fun going through 'em. I concur in just about everything Tinkerer said, and I'd like to give some special mention to Salmon Suship whose identity copying effect looks right on target for this archetype. Something not mentioned before that I want to bring your attention to is the stats of the Xyz Suships. The official ones are ATK 2200 (Rank 4) and 2900 (Rank 5). These are more defensive, but if you truly wish to have them as so, I believe they warrant a big buff in DEF. I mean, Ghostrick Angel of Mischief is a 2-material Rank 4 with 2000/2500, or there's the super old Gagaga Cowboy with 1500/2400.

Some minor grammar fix:

Salmon Suship

You can target 1 "Suship" monster in your GY; banish it, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. You can reveal one card in your hand or on the top of your Deck, and if it is a "Suship" monster, this card's name becomes the same as the revealed monster while face-up on the field or as material. If this card is excavated by the effect of a "Suship" card: Attach this card to a "Suship" Xyz Monster you control as material. You can only use each effect of "Salmon Suship" once per turn.

Mixed Suship

2+ Level 4 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card; apply 1 or more of the following effects, in sequence, based on the materials this card has attached.
🟢 "Rice Suship" : Draw 1 card.
🟢"Roe Suship": This card can make a second attack during the first Battle Phase this turn.        <--- weird, as normally they say during each Battle Phase, but I'll respect it.
🟢"Ice Suship": Add 1 "Suship" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand.
🟢 "Urchin Suship": This card can attack directly.

Fishing Suship

2+ Level 5 monsters
If this card has "Urchin Suship" and/or "Roe Suship" attached as material, it gains these effects.
🟢"Urchin Suship": This card can attack directly.
🟢"Roe Suship": This card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase.    <--- now it changed to each xD
Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1: You can detach 1 material from this card and banish up to 3 "Suship" cards from your GY;  apply 1 or more of the following effects, in sequence, based on the materials this card has attached.
🟢 "Rice Suship": If you banished 3 cards by this effect this turn: Target 1 card on the field; banish it.
🟢 "Icefish Suship": Target a number of cards on the field equal to the number of "Suship" cards you banished; return those targets to the hand.
🟢 ""Icefish Suship", "Rice Suship", "Roe Suhip", and Urchin Shuship": If you banished 3 cards by this effect this turn: Take 1 card in each player's hand, field and GY and place it on the top of the their Deck in any order.      <--- this effect is quite dangerous, I'm unsure of it.

Suship Rank-up Rice Row

Target 1 Rank 4 "Suship" Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 Rank 5 "Suship" Xyz Monster by using that target as material. (This is treated as an Xyz Summon. Transfer its materials to the Summoned monster.) If this card is in your GY because it was destroyed by your opponent's card: You can banish this card and reveal "Suship" Spell/Traps in your hand up to the number of unoccupied Main Monster Zones on your field; Special Summon the revealed cards in face-up Defense Position and treat them as "Rice Suship Tokens" (Aqua/FIRE/Level 4/ATK 2000/DEF 0).   <--- I think you want them to be treated as the original Rice Suship, but I'm unsure if this can be done, of if a Token with the same name can count for this purpose.

I'm... getting hungry.

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

This support is really cute and charming, I had fun going through 'em. I concur in just about everything Tinkerer said, and I'd like to give some special mention to Salmon Suship whose identity copying effect looks right on target for this archetype. Something not mentioned before that I want to bring your attention to is the stats of the Xyz Suships. The official ones are ATK 2200 (Rank 4) and 2900 (Rank 5). These are more defensive, but if you truly wish to have them as so, I believe they warrant a big buff in DEF. I mean, Ghostrick Angel of Mischief is a 2-material Rank 4 with 2000/2500, or there's the super old Gagaga Cowboy with 1500/2400.

Some minor grammar fix:

I'm... getting hungry.

I really wanted to make the tokens treated as rice but IDK either.

I am happy to add my boy salmon :3. Maybe my boy should be included in the big effect of Fishing? Also I wanted to make the effect targeting the hands random.

Yes the first battle phase only one for a detach!

Funny enough the reason they aren't supper defensive is because of the power of defense on XYZ in this archetype.

examples:

Carrier Suship - Icefish-Class Auxiliary Dish: While there is a face-up card in the Field Zone, your "Suship" monsters Special Summoned from the Extra Deck cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects, also they gain ATK equal to their original DEF. (does this stack?)

Suship Galley "Kaisen": Once per turn, if your "Suship" monster(s) Special Summoned from the Extra Deck is sent to the GY by an opponent’s card: Your opponent must pay LP equal to its DEF.

Archived