Hello

MickeyDee

Hello, fine person!

Just wanted to welcome ya to the site!  If you're just getting back into the game, some of the changes might be a bit overwhelming.  If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

I saw some of the ideas that you wrote in the idea thread.  I'm excited to see where ya go with 'em!

37 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

Hello, fine person!

Just wanted to welcome ya to the site!  If you're just getting back into the game, some of the changes might be a bit overwhelming.  If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

I saw some of the ideas that you wrote in the idea thread.  I'm excited to see where ya go with 'em!

Thank you, I also really like your Archetype ideas. Very creative! The main new thing I don't get is Link monsters. I get the part where their effects target monsters that their arrows point to but how do you summon them in the first place?

you just send 2 monsters on the field to the GY that match the requirements on the link monster during your main phase. If it is a link 2+ you need to send a number of monsters equal to the link rating but a link 2 counts as 2 a link 3 counts as 3 etc for the summon of other links.

(someone fact check this please)

6 minutes ago, MickeyDee said:

Thank you, I also really like your Archetype ideas. Very creative! The main new thing I don't get is Link monsters. I get the part where their effects target monsters that their arrows point to but how do you summon them in the first place?

Thanks! 😁

Links are a really versatile mechanic, but they are not very straightforward.  To summon a Link monster, you have to have monsters that add up to the link rating of a monster you're trying to summon.  All non-Link monsters have a rating of 1.  So to summon a link-2 monster, you can use 2 non-Link monsters (Link rating 1 + Link rating 1).  To summon a Link-3 monster, you can use 3 non-Link monsters, or a Link-2 + a non-Link monster.  Just like with Synchros the monsters get sent to the GY.

The summoning requirements on the Link monsters show the limitations and the minimum number of monsters needed to summon something.  So if a Link 4 monster says 3+ LIGHT monsters, you can use 4 LIGHT monsters, or 2 non-Link LIGHT monsters + 1 Link-2 LIGHT monster.  However, you cannot use 2 LIGHT Link-2s because that isn't enough monsters.

There are other points to understand, but that's the basic idea.

• 11 months later...

Archived