"Ice Barrier" Support cards + WATER support cards

JairoLeyn100

In this topic, I'm gonna show you guys some support of my own for the "Ice Barrier" Archetype. A few weeks ago, I bought a "Freezing Chains" structure deck, and also tried the Archetype on some Yugioh games, like Legacy of the Duelist (since the game is outdated, it didn't have the new support cards) and EDOPRO. And I kinda like it, but there are some minor flaws in my opinion, that I tried different builds with it along with some WATER support cards. Beacause of this I wanted to come up with some support and additional cards that would, at least in my opinion, help this Archetype more.

UPDATE: I've made some changes to some cards, by taking into account the suggestions I've been given. All UPDATED cards are marked so enjoy.

673375757_RoyalPrinceoftheIceBarrier.thumb.jpeg.79e354b5a7d648088eba370a414c4558.jpeg

*UPDATED* "Royal Prince of the Ice Barrier"

Level 1 - WATER

Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect

ATK/ 100 - DEF/ 200

Unaffected by card's effects. You can only use each of the following effects of "Royal Prince of the Ice Barrier" once per turn. You can target 1 "Ice Barrier" monster you control; increase this card's Level to the targetted monster's Level until the End Phase. You can target  1 Level 4 or lower "Ice Barrier" monster in your GY; Special Summon it to the field. You can banish this card and 2 or more "Ice Barrier" monsters from the GY to Fusion or Synchro Summon 1 "Ice Barrier" monster from the Extra Deck.

1997135439_HoundGuardoftheIceBarrier.thumb.jpeg.05cfb0dec196d8306a48f1a2636329ed.jpeg

*UPDATED* "Hound Guard of the Ice Barrier"

Level 4 - WATER

Beast/Effect

ATK/ 1500 - DEF/ 1000

If you control an "Ice Barrier" monster, while this card is in the GY: You can Special Summon this card. You can only Special Summon "Hound Guard of the Ice Barrier" once per turn this way. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Ice Barrier" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; this card gains ATK equal to half of that monster's ATK until the End Phase.

1392109778_ArmyoftheIceBarrier.thumb.jpeg.c3959cb58907e4db1912bbe33d5baed7.jpeg

*UPDATED* "Army of the Ice Barrier"

Trap - Normal

When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack, while you control no monsters: Target a number of Level 4 or lower "Ice Barrier" monsters from your Deck equal to the same amount of face-up monsters your opponent controls; Special Summon them to field in Defense Position, but they cannot activate their effects. During the end of this turn: Destroy all the monsters that were Special Summoned by this card's effect; then draw 1 card x each one destroyed.

1860972420_BreakdownoftheIceBarrier.thumb.jpeg.3e3c86d521a845d0334d657938dc8845.jpeg

"Breakdown of the Ice Barrier"

Trap - Counter

If a card's effect would target or destroy 1 or more "Ice Barrier" Synchro monster/s you control: You can return that monster to the Extra Deck to negate that card's effect and destroy it; and if you do, Special Summon from the GY (only if they are there) the monsters used as materials for the summoning of the returned Synchro monster.

1817847898_BlizzardDragonoftheIceBarrier.thumb.jpeg.43876c4881d65fc3f980f02b3a79351f.jpeg

"Blizzard Dragon of the Ice Barrier"

Level 7 - WATER

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

ATK/ 2450 - DEF/ 1800

2 "Ice Barrier" monsters
Must be either Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned by sending the above monsters you control to the GY (in which case you do not use "Polymerization"). Once per turn: You can target up to 2 WATER monsters in your GY; shuffle them back to the Deck, then target the same number of Spell/Trap cards your opponent controls; destroy those targets. This card can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase, but the Battle Damage inflicted is halved.

530078409_PrisonerDragonoftheIceBarrier.thumb.jpeg.b09ef938bf172d5f12e474fb17f2135b.jpeg

*UPDATED* "Prisoner Dragon of the Ice Barrier"

Level 5 - WATER

Dragon/Synchro/Tuner/Effect

ATK/ 500 - DEF/ 2300

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WATER monsters
When Synchro Summoned: Draw a number of cards equal to the amount of materials (both Tuner and non-Tuners) used for the Synchro Summon of this card. While in face-up Defense Position, all non-WATER monsters your opponent control's cannot attack. Once per turn: You can target 1 Tuner WATER monster in your GY; Special Summon it to the field, and if you do, turn it into a non-Tuner, but banish it when it leaves the field. If this card was used as material for the Synchro Summon of an "Ice Barrier" Dragon monster: That monster gains 1000 ATK.

157761339_FrecraidAlphaWolfoftheIceBarrier.thumb.jpeg.14e2d6a7e4fbacbf79bf7e0e561a6592.jpeg

*UPDATED* "Frecraid, Alpha Wolf of the Ice Barrier"

Rank 4 - WATER

Beast/Xyz/Effect

ATK/ 2500 - DEF/ 1700

3 Level 4 "Ice Barrier" monsters
Once per turn, while you control another "Ice Barrier" monster: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; all "Ice Barrier" monsters you control, except this card, gain 1000 ATK until the End Phase, but cannot attack your opponent directly. When this card leaves the field, while it had no Xyz Materials: You can Special Summon 3 "Alpha Pup Tokens" (Beast/WATER/Level 2/ATK 200/DEF 100). This Token cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon.

246461713_AlphaPupToken.thumb.jpeg.8dabaaef0a0cfc02a07ca7952f3710d8.jpeg

"Alpha Pup Token"

Level 2 - WATER

Beast/Token

ATK/ 200 - DEF/ 100

Special Summoned with the effect of "Frecraid, Alpha Wolf of the Ice Barrier". This Token cannot be used as a Tribute for a Tribute Summon.

Ok. Those were all the cards that would support the "Ice Barrier" Archetype. The following ones will be more of a support for WATER Decks in general. But since this Archetype is composed of WATER monsters and works so well with other WATER based cards, I'll include them here.

1553170784_NessieGuardianoftheSea.thumb.jpeg.31602b52d7a2036812ec9da97ba69e5e.jpeg

"Nessie, Guardian of the Sea"

Link-2: D, DR - WATER

Sea Serpent/Link/Effect

ATK/ 1800

2 WATER monsters
The Level of all WATER monsters in your hand are reduced by 2. Gains 200 ATK x each WATER monster it points to. Once per turn: You can target 1 WATER monster with an ATK of 1500 or less in your GY; Special Summon it to a zone this card points to.

1985057847_CrystallineDragonoftheFrostWinds.thumb.jpeg.7d8d5f58bc242dbf8c370f2ed4fbbf8f.jpeg

"Crystalline Dragon of the Frost Winds"

Link-3: UL, U, UR - WATER

Dragon/Link/Effect

ATK/ 2500

2+ Special Summoned WATER monster
This card gains effects based on the card types (Fusion/Synchro/Xyz/Link) of materials used for it's Link Summon:
* Fusion: All empty zones this card points to cannot be used.
* Synchro: Your opponent cannot target WATER monsters you control with Spell/Trap Cards.
* Xyz: All WATER monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.
* Link: All monsters this card points to lose 1000 ATK, and cannot activate their effects.

I hope you guys like them. Those that can see the images... what do you think of the "Alpha Pup Token"? Let me know if you find it cute. Those who can't see the images... I'm sorry guys.

@JairoLeyn100 I see Ice Barrier Support, I approve xD. Here are some thoughts:

Royal Prince: Wrong gender, man, why a prince when you could make a cute princess? Ok ok, nevermind xD. Careful with "Unaffected by card effects". That means, every single card in the game, even itself. You don't want this. I suggest making it "Unaffected by card effects, except "Ice Barrier" cards. This will prevent it from being targeted for "Salvage" or used by "Moray of Greed" among other effects, but I guess that's fair if you want to give it the ultimate effect protection. All the card's effects are pretty powerful, perhaps the final one went a bit overboard... buy hey, IBs need it xP.

Hound Guard: Damn, me likes. The auto special summoning is brutal, but it has that nice HOPT. Kinda wish it banished itself when it leaves the field after reviving... also, it's way too convenient that it can throw copies of itself to the GY, you could make that an exception.

Army of the Ice Barrier: Gotta get rid of the targeting cards in the Deck, because that is impossible. The structure you used would have been perfect for GY, or banished, but you never target stuff in Deck, Extra Deck or hand. Last effect is a big no. The rest of the effect is plenty strong already, as it can net a you a good amount of the exact monsters you want in the GY (also averting your death in the process, most likely). Drawing cards is a bit too much, or if anything, only 1.

Breakdown of the Ice Barrier: Perfect effect, imo n.n

Blizzard Dragon: Contact Fusion, eh? Hell yeah, it's pretty damn good, you gotta recycle those resources at times. Great card.

Prisoner Dragon: Nodding while reading this card, I also loved it.Good to see one of those disruptions IBs are famous for, good going in banishing the summoned monster, Last effect seems good enough. The problem is the first one... again, drawing cards just like that is way too strong. Compare it to Coral Dragon. That guy has 2 effects, second one being the card-drawing, but it's just a passive that will only net you 1 card, while this guy is 2-3. Mmm... I think 1 card is fine, or perhaps 2 max, but like this:

If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can draw 1 card, then, if that card was an "Ice Barrier" monster, draw 1 card. <--- Just a suggestion that sounds more balanced, IDK.

Frecraid: Seems like a great card. A bit difficult to summon and pull last effect, but let's leave it as that. Actually, no, my suggestion would be, increase its ATK, Borreload eXcharge Dragon requires 2 DARK Dragon monsters and is 3000/2500 (I'm sick of this stat combination, aren't you? xD). This wolfee requires 3 archetypal cards, it's well worthy of 3000 ATK as well.

Alpha Pup: HELL YEAH, puppyyyyy. My favourite animal, so you know, is the arctic wolf. Best card in the set

JairoLeyn: But I doesn't have any eff...

Rayfield: Best card in the Set. Period.

Nessie: Beautiful, I'd love to see it in play. Combined with A Legendary Ocean it does funny stuff...

Crystalline Dragon: Pretty cool, but oof, dangerous if Synchro or Xyz are used. Despite the beneficial effects, I don't picture people using Synchro/Xyz to Summon it, seems like a lot of advantage to the opponent, though if they don't use Links or Pendulums, Ig it passes.

I loved the set, most of the cards are pretty well done and require little to no adjustment. I'll smash the Like button for you.

19 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Royal Prince: Wrong gender, man, why a prince when you could make a cute princess? Ok ok, nevermind xD. Careful with "Unaffected by card effects". That means, every single card in the game, even itself. You don't want this. I suggest making it "Unaffected by card effects, except "Ice Barrier" cards. This will prevent it from being targeted for "Salvage" or used by "Moray of Greed" among other effects, but I guess that's fair if you want to give it the ultimate effect protection. All the card's effects are pretty powerful, perhaps the final one went a bit overboard... buy hey, IBs need it xP.

Hound Guard: Damn, me likes. The auto special summoning is brutal, but it has that nice HOPT. Kinda wish it banished itself when it leaves the field after reviving... also, it's way too convenient that it can throw copies of itself to the GY, you could make that an exception.

Army of the Ice Barrier: Gotta get rid of the targeting cards in the Deck, because that is impossible. The structure you used would have been perfect for GY, or banished, but you never target stuff in Deck, Extra Deck or hand. Last effect is a big no. The rest of the effect is plenty strong already, as it can net a you a good amount of the exact monsters you want in the GY (also averting your death in the process, most likely). Drawing cards is a bit too much, or if anything, only 1.

Blizzard Dragon: Contact Fusion, eh? Hell yeah, it's pretty damn good, you gotta recycle those resources at times. Great card.

Prisoner Dragon: Nodding while reading this card, I also loved it.Good to see one of those disruptions IBs are famous for, good going in banishing the summoned monster, Last effect seems good enough. The problem is the first one... again, drawing cards just like that is way too strong. Compare it to Coral Dragon. That guy has 2 effects, second one being the card-drawing, but it's just a passive that will only net you 1 card, while this guy is 2-3. Mmm... I think 1 card is fine, or perhaps 2 max, but like this:

If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can draw 1 card, then, if that card was an "Ice Barrier" monster, draw 1 card. <--- Just a suggestion that sounds more balanced, IDK.

Frecraid: Seems like a great card. A bit difficult to summon and pull last effect, but let's leave it as that. Actually, no, my suggestion would be, increase its ATK, Borreload eXcharge Dragon requires 2 DARK Dragon monsters and is 3000/2500 (I'm sick of this stat combination, aren't you? xD). This wolfee requires 3 archetypal cards, it's well worthy of 3000 ATK as well.

Alpha Pup: HELL YEAH, puppyyyyy. My favourite animal, so you know, is the arctic wolf. Best card in the set

Nessie: Beautiful, I'd love to see it in play. Combined with A Legendary Ocean it does funny stuff...

Crystalline Dragon: Pretty cool, but oof, dangerous if Synchro or Xyz are used. Despite the beneficial effects, I don't picture people using Synchro/Xyz to Summon it, seems like a lot of advantage to the opponent, though if they don't use Links or Pendulums, Ig it passes.

I loved the set, most of the cards are pretty well done and require little to no adjustment. I'll smash the Like button for you.

Wow, thanks a lot dude. I'll take into account everything you just said and start editing the cards.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:29 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Ok, I updated the cards you suggested. What do you think?

On 8/31/2021 at 8:10 PM, JairoLeyn100 said:

Ok, I updated the cards you suggested. What do you think?

Royal Prince - Still a prince and not a princess, so 8becd37ab9d13cdfe37c08c496a9def3.svg . Seriously speaking, for a brief moment I was mad because I read the card's written effect and I saw no changes lol, but then I noticed the change is in the pictured version of the card. Yeah, looks good.

Hound Guard - Mhm, it now looks much more realistic. Banishing itself might be a cost, yep, but at the end of the day it opens other plays, or adjusts your GY for Moulinglacia. It can come in handy.

Army - OMG, I had a feedback and again forgot the update is in the pictured card LOL. So, now they won't explode at the end of the turn, but the SSing is from GY/banished. That's actually cool (and even synergies with Hound Guard). The thing is, this card was more or less the most OP'ed in the set, I worry about the mighty plays it can enable, as you could easily SS 3 or 4 mobs... then again, Level 4 or lower (frail to be destroyed by battle, except Spellbreaker, perhaps), dependant to resources in GY or banished, so useless early game... holy moly, the balance here is hard, I guess you can leave it as is. Good jon in changing the source of SSing.

Prisoner - Y'see, there's a reason for the structure I suggested to you. If this card is Synchro Summoned. I'm using "If" and not "When" because when can make you miss the timing. The rest seems good n.n

Frecraid - Alrighto, stronk wolf. Something I forgot to consider was that this card can easily pull of its last effect when revived to the GY, as it does so without materials and ready to be used for some funny plays. This effect isn't even passive as you can easily make it leave the field by your own effects... I'm unsure, perhaps the card is fine as is, but perhaps you could do something like: If this Xyz Smmoned card leaves the field while having no materials attached... I leave this to your judgment.

Overall great job in balancing the cards, imo

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Royal Prince - Still a prince and not a princess, so 8becd37ab9d13cdfe37c08c496a9def3.svg . Seriously speaking, for a brief moment I was mad because I read the card's written effect and I saw no changes lol, but then I noticed the change is in the pictured version of the card. Yeah, looks good.

Hound Guard - Mhm, it now looks much more realistic. Banishing itself might be a cost, yep, but at the end of the day it opens other plays, or adjusts your GY for Moulinglacia. It can come in handy.

Army - OMG, I had a feedback and again forgot the update is in the pictured card LOL. So, now they won't explode at the end of the turn, but the SSing is from GY/banished. That's actually cool (and even synergies with Hound Guard). The thing is, this card was more or less the most OP'ed in the set, I worry about the mighty plays it can enable, as you could easily SS 3 or 4 mobs... then again, Level 4 or lower (frail to be destroyed by battle, except Spellbreaker, perhaps), dependant to resources in GY or banished, so useless early game... holy moly, the balance here is hard, I guess you can leave it as is. Good jon in changing the source of SSing.

Prisoner - Y'see, there's a reason for the structure I suggested to you. If this card is Synchro Summoned. I'm using "If" and not "When" because when can make you miss the timing. The rest seems good n.n

Frecraid - Alrighto, stronk wolf. Something I forgot to consider was that this card can easily pull of its last effect when revived to the GY, as it does so without materials and ready to be used for some funny plays. This effect isn't even passive as you can easily make it leave the field by your own effects... I'm unsure, perhaps the card is fine as is, but perhaps you could do something like: If this Xyz Smmoned card leaves the field while having no materials attached... I leave this to your judgment.

Overall great job in balancing the cards, imo

Thank you so much for the support. I'm happy that some people like you could find the time to make some suggestions and give some advice. I really appreciate it.

Archived