"Buster Warrior" support cards + some more

JairoLeyn100

I'm back once more, and this time I came up with some support cards of my own for my favourite dragon slayer, "Buster Blader" (along with 2 Spells that would benefit any "Warrior + Equip Spell" Deck or Archetype). I kinda like this Archetype's official cards (I even made a Deck with it), but I couldn't help but notice some flaws and/or loopholes in it. So I decided to come up with these cards to give this Archetype a posible different direction maybe. Let me know if you like them and/or if you have some advice/suggestion to give me about any of thede cards, and I hope you enjoy:

682042242_BusterWarrior-DrakeSlayer.thumb.jpeg.e97fe7ea0fac87b04024dbf8811a5394.jpeg

"Buster Warrior - Drake Slayer"

Level 4 - FIRE

Warrior/Effect

ATK/ 1800 - DEF/ 800

This card's name becomes "Buster Blader" while on the field or in the GY. If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 "Destruction Sword" monster from your Deck to the GY. If this card attacks or is attacked by a Dragon monster: This card gains half of that monster's ATK until the end of the Battle Phase.

1719808462_BusterWarrior-ScalePiercer.thumb.jpeg.2656341de333d9acf139a23a10ee34b8.jpeg

"Buster Warrior - Scale Piercer"

Level 4 - EARTH

Warrior/Effect

ATK/ 1900 - DEF/ 0

This card's name becomes "Buster Blader" while on the field or in the GY. You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) if you control 1 "Destruction Sword" monster; and if you do, you can destroy 1 Spell/Trap card on the field. Once per turn: You can target 1 Dragon monster on the field, reduce it's ATK/DEF by 500 until the end of this turn. If this card destroys a Dragon monster by battle, inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

1828530164_BusterWarrior-SacredPaladin.thumb.jpeg.05f9bfd1c18e5e69c9034ee30258fc5b.jpeg

"Buster Warrior - Sacred Paladin"

Level 4 - LIGHT

Warrior/Tuner/Effect

ATK/ 0 - DEF/ 2100

This card's name becomes "Buster Blader" while on the field or in the GY. You can discard this card; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Destruction Sword" monster from your Deck. When an opponent's monster attacks, while this card is in the GY: You can Special Summon this card in Defense Position; and if you do, change the attack target to this card. If summoned this way, banish it once it leaves the field. You can only use 1 "Buster Warrior - Sacred Paladin" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

1547331198_BusterWarrior-BraveChallenger.thumb.jpeg.89ef71c4ce2f546ba04720981b2e7650.jpeg

"Buster Warrior - Brave Challenger"

Level 6 - EARTH

Warrior/Effect

ATK/ 2200 - DEF/ 1500

This card's name becomes "Buster Blader" while on the field or in the GY. You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing, but it's original ATK becomes 1800. If this card was Tribute Summoned: You can target 1 "Buster Blader" in your GY, add it to your hand. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can Normal Summon 1 "Buster Warrior", in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. Your opponent cannot target "Sword of Destruction" monsters you control for battle.

605288508_BusterWarrior-TailBladeShogun.thumb.jpeg.e4737b259d028594022c6f7259ec9a58.jpeg

"Buster Warrior - Tail Blade Shogun"

Level 6 - EARTH

Warrior/Effect

ATK/ 2450 - DEF/ 1300

This card's name becomes "Buster Blader" while on the field or in the GY. You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing, but it's original ATK becomes 1850. If this card was Tribute Summoned: Change all face-up monsters your opponent controls to Defense Position. Once per turn: You can send 1 "Destruction Sword" from your Deck to the GY; and if you do, apply 1 of the following effects depending of that card's type (Monster, Spell, Trap):
*Monster: Gains half of that monster's ATK until the end of this turn.
*Spell: Unaffected by your opponent's card effects.
*Trap: Can inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent when attacking a Defense Position monster.

1472402786_BusterDragonBlader.thumb.jpeg.873561861b98e477a7f8bee2726c0fe2.jpeg

"Buster Dragon Blader"

Level 8 - DARK

Dragon/Ritual/Effect

ATK/ 2800 - DEF/ 2000

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Inheritance of the Destruction Swordsman". This card gains 200 ATK/DEF x each Dragon monster on the field. During the Battle Phase: You can target 1 set card on the field (monster, Spell, Trap); destroy it. During the Battle Phase, when a card or effect is activated: You can negate the activation until the End Phase.

2131961102_InheritanceoftheDestructionSwordsman.thumb.jpeg.67d8541210e0ae6139db450a912b8157.jpeg

"Inheritance of the Destruction Swordsman"

Spell - Ritual

This card is used to Ritual Summon "Buster Dragon Blader". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal to 8 or more. While in the Graveyard, this card can be considered as a "Destruction Sword" monster. While this card is equipped to a monster: That monster can inflict piercing battle damage when attacking a Defense Position monster. You can send this Equip Card to the GY, then add 1 "Destruction Sword" card from your Deck or GY, to your hand.

1593859514_DestructionSwordDarkImpact.thumb.jpeg.64f5107faae6b4232f14f813e4486ff7.jpeg

"Destruction Sword Dark Impact"

Spell - Normal

Send 1 "Buster Blader" from the Deck to the GY; Special Summon 1 "Buster Warrior" from the Deck. While in the Graveyard, this card can be considered as a "Destruction Sword" monster. While this card is equipped to a monster, that monster becomes DARK and gain 300 ATK, but it loses 300 DEF. You can send this Equip Card to the GY, then target 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; destroy it.

1490105738_DestructionSwordRoyalImpact.thumb.jpeg.27b08d1d73ada4ac691c03aaabcfdf8d.jpeg

"Destruction Sword Royal Impact"

Spell - Normal

Send 1 "Destruction Sword" card from your Deck to the GY; Special Summon 1 "Buster Blader" from your Deck in Defense Position, but it cannot change it's battle position until the Standy Phase of your next turn. While in the Graveyard, this card can be considered as a "Destruction Sword" monster. While this card is equipped to a monster, that monster becomes LIGHT and can make a second attack on another monster. You can send this Equip Card to the GY, then draw 1 card.

1106950600_FinisherImpactoftheDestructionSwordsman.thumb.jpeg.f700c570fc029c9dc1e0bedf47d8ffc2.jpeg

"Finisher Impact of the Destruction Swordsman"

Spell - Normal

During your Main Phase: You can send 1 "Buster Blader" monster you control, that was Special Summoned form the Extra Deck, to the GY. Destroy all Dragon monsters your opponent controls; and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent x each one destroyed. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activated this card.

412802743_InfernalDragonicDestructionSword.thumb.jpeg.83b5feb940303e5f8b920e8059360e12.jpeg

"Infernal Dragonic Destruction Sword"

Spell - Equip

You can only equip this card to a "Buster Blader" monster. If the equipped monster attacks a Dragon monster: It gains 1000 ATK during damage calculation only. The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: Inflict 1000 damage to the opponent or destroy 1 face-up monster they control.

1271465355_BusterShieldoftheDestructionSwordsman.thumb.jpeg.c08d303d79f4b286883fdfef623942d7.jpeg

"Buster Shield of the Destruction Swordsman"

Spell - Equip

Change the battle position of the equipped monster to Defense Position, and it cannot change it while equipped with this card. The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle, nor piercing battle damage is inflicted when it is attacked by a monster with the effect. If this card is destroyed by a card effect: All battle damage you would recieve is reduce to 0 until the end of the turn this card was destroyed.

547284561_Rank-Up-MagicoftheDestructionSword.thumb.jpeg.a802e05c7924f894e9aba8c4cf6d85a4.jpeg

"Rank-Up-Magic of the Destruction Sword"

Spell - Quick-Play

Target 1 face-up "Buster Blader" Xyz monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "Buster Blader" Xyz monster that is up to 3 Ranks higher than the monster you control, by using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to that target also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned monster). While in the Graveyard, this card can be considered as a "Destruction Sword" monster. While this card is equipped to a Xyz monster: You can attach this card to that monster as an Xyz Material.

211689655_BusterDragonWarriorDraigGoch.thumb.jpeg.9ba9fa9c3ec4e40b955b3498f164b2ac.jpeg

"Buster Dragon Warrior, Draig Goch"

Level 10 - FIRE

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

ATK/ 3500 - DEF/ 2600

"Buster Blader" + 1 Dragon monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck
Unaffected by the effects of both "Buster Blader" and "Destruction Sword" cards. Gain 100 ATK/DEF x each Dragon monster face-up on the field and in both player's Graveyards. During either player's turn, when your opponent activate a card or effect that would target this card (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 Dragon monster (except Tokens) you control or in your GY; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card. The turn you activate this effect, all battle damage inflicted by this card is halved.

1643763187_BusterMountoftheDestructionSwordsman.thumb.jpeg.f6b620263160d5600b13dea86b5fc30f.jpeg

"Buster Mount of the Destruction Swordsman"

Level 5 - LIGHT

Dragon/Synchro/Tuner/Effect

ATK/ 1000 - DEF/ 2400

1 "Destruction Sword" Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can target up to 4 "Destruction Sword" cards in your GY; shuffle them back to the Deck. Reduce this card's original Level by 1 x each card shuffled. During either player's turn, when your opponent would activate an effect that will destroy a monster(s) you control (Quick Effect): You can banish this face-up card instead. During the End Phase of the turn this effect was activated: You can Special Summon this banished card.

2115270843_BusterDragonofDestruction.thumb.jpeg.5faffea6f39fa76e46ee0f3027a090a8.jpeg

"Buster Dragon of Destruction"

Level 10 - LIGHT

Dragon/Synchro/Effect

ATK/ 3500 - DEF/ 2600

1 Synchro Tuner monster + 1 "Buster Dragon"
Must be Synchro Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. All monsters your opponent controls and their GY become Dragon-Type. Once per turn: You can target 1 of your Banished cards; shuffle that target to the Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card. When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can target 1 "Buster Blader, the Dragon Destroyer Swordsman" you control; this turn it can attack your opponent directly.

519899967_BusterWarrior-SacredFistofDestruction.thumb.jpeg.33938d4844907099fb12e216bd71580f.jpeg

"Buster Warrior - Sacred Fist of Destruction"

Rank 4 - LIGHT

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

ATK/ 2500 - DEF/ 1700

2 Level 4 monsters
This card's name becomes "Buster Blader" while on the field or in the GY. All "Buster Blader" monsters you control gain 500 ATK/DEF. Once per turn, during either player's turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 "Destruction Sword" monster in your GY; equip it to this card.

776765120_BusterWarrior-DragonEmperorofDestruction.thumb.jpeg.029a3a72a09d8bb79e1b9224c73364cd.jpeg

"Buster Warrior - Dragon Emperor of Destruction"

Rank 7 - Light

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

ATK/ 3000 - DEF/ 2300

2 Level 7 monsters
This card's name becomes "Buster Blader" while on the field or in the GY. Your opponent cannot target this card with card effects while it has Xyz Materials. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Special Summon 1 Level 7 "Buster Blader" monster that was banished. If this card battles with a Dragon monster, while it has no Xyz Materials: You can destroy 1 card on the field.

1001106615_BusterBladertheDarkDestroyer.thumb.jpeg.d5b1745994e1130eed7e3ae2f8a3f8e5.jpeg

"Buster Blader, the Dark Destroyer"

Rank 8 - DARK

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

ATK/ 3200 - DEF/ 2500

3 Level 8 monsters
This card gains 300 ATK/DEF x each "Buster Blader" attached to this card as Xyz Material. All Dragon monsters your opponent control cannot activate their effects, and reduce their ATK or DEF by half. Once per turn, during either players turn, when a card or effect would target this card (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate that card or effect activation, and if you do, destroy it.

440532414_BusterWarrior-PiercerofHeavens.thumb.jpeg.e0cebc8441eb3513eb8cc7032bf7df81.jpeg

"Buster Warrior - Piercer of Heavens"

Link-3: DR, DL, L

Warrior/Link/Effect

ATK/ 2800

2+ "Destruction Sword" monsters
All "Buster Blader" monsters you control that this card points to, gain 300 ATK/DEF. This card gains 300 ATK x each "Destruction Sword" monster it points to.

[ ] The following are extra cards that would support this Archetype and any Deck or Archetypes that would use Warrior monsters along with Equip Spell cards (like the Noble/Ignoble Knights):

953794757_WarriorsLegacy.thumb.jpeg.a56500a4fdeb7612612640c5cc551a78.jpeg

"Warrior's Legacy"

Spell - Continuous

During your Main Phase: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior monster from your hand, but destroy it during the End Phase. You can add 1 Equip Spell card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Warrior's Legacy" effect per turn, and only once that turn. During each of your Standy Phases, send to the GY 1 Equip Card you control or destroy this card.

491386712_LandofSwords.thumb.jpeg.820671c03f51d35a2f3e1ddb6b42436e.jpeg

"Land of Swords"

Spell - Field

All Warrior monsters on the field gain 200 ATK/DEF x each Equip Card on the field. You can target 1 Warrior monster on the field and 1 Equip Spell card in the GY; equip the latter to the targetted monster. During either player's turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 Equip Card on the field; destroy it, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only use 1 "Land of Swords" effect per turn, and only once that turn. If this card leaves the field: Destroy all Equip Cards on the field, and inflict 200 damage to both players x each one destroyed.

OMG, why so many caaaaards, hard to review T_T. I'll try to be short.

Drake Slayer - Seems perfect

Scale Piercer -Where's da HOPT? Alright, it's from the hand, but it seems like it can swarm and destroy backrow too easily?

Sacred Paladin - Alrighty, but "banish it once it leaves the field" ---> banish it when it leaves the field.

Brave Challenger - Normally (if not always), this kind of effects follows a certain structure. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon "Buster Blader" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

Tail Blade Shogun - *Trap: If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. Spell's effect is permanent? Welp... IDK I guess it's fine, the monster is not that dangerous. It could last until the end of the next turn, but that's just me being annoying xD

Buster Dragon Blader - It would be quite alright, but it has no restrictions. "During the Battle Phase" it says. So you can go and bomb every single set card your opponent controls and negate effects as many times as you'd like. "You can only use each effect of "Buster Dragon Blader once per turn" pls.

Inheritance - I'm not entirely familiarized with Destruction Sword/Buster Blader archetypes, but none of them can equip themselves with stuff from GY, can they? I have to speak with a ration of ignorance here, so bear with me, but isn't Sacred Fist of the Destruction the only member in the archetype that is able to make use of this "cards that aren't Equips become archetypal mons, then they can be equipped and proceed to pull off their other effects". IDK, seems a frail strategy unless I'm missing something, which is probably the case. Final effect seems too convenient if indeed I'm not seeing something. Same turn you equip, you send it to the GY and replace it with whichever archetypal card (not even mon restricted) of your liking, adn this is from Deck or GY O_O''. I think the card should stay on the field at least one turn for this to work. If in truth this is restricted to the Xyz, then nvm.

Dark Impact - More or less the above, but overall more balanced

Royal Impact - Yeah, why not? xD

Finisher Impact - Looks good enough The direct damage is high enough to warrant those limitations, I think it's well balanced

Infernal Sword - Welp, violent. Made me remember the times of the Axe of Despair (+1000 ATK, OMG). Powercreep is powercreep, this card is fine being hella stronger (and yet, reserved for BBs)

Shield - Opposed to the above, this one is generic, is that intended? Btw, when combined with Blade Shogun that has obtained "unaffected by your opponent's card effects" you get a completely invulnerable mon, unless the opponent finds a way to Tribue/use it as material. That's no good.

Rank-Up - Looks good with capital G. Forgot to mention it earlier, but use GY instead of Graveyard.

Wut? I still have 9 cards to review? OMG, I need to eat lol. Later!

2 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

OMG, why so many caaaaards, hard to review T_T. I'll try to be short.

Drake Slayer - Seems perfect

Scale Piercer -Where's da HOPT? Alright, it's from the hand, but it seems like it can swarm and destroy backrow too easily?

Sacred Paladin - Alrighty, but "banish it once it leaves the field" ---> banish it when it leaves the field.

Brave Challenger - Normally (if not always), this kind of effects follows a certain structure. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon "Buster Blader" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

Tail Blade Shogun - *Trap: If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. Spell's effect is permanent? Welp... IDK I guess it's fine, the monster is not that dangerous. It could last until the end of the next turn, but that's just me being annoying xD

Buster Dragon Blader - It would be quite alright, but it has no restrictions. "During the Battle Phase" it says. So you can go and bomb every single set card your opponent controls and negate effects as many times as you'd like. "You can only use each effect of "Buster Dragon Blader once per turn" pls.

Inheritance - I'm not entirely familiarized with Destruction Sword/Buster Blader archetypes, but none of them can equip themselves with stuff from GY, can they? I have to speak with a ration of ignorance here, so bear with me, but isn't Sacred Fist of the Destruction the only member in the archetype that is able to make use of this "cards that aren't Equips become archetypal mons, then they can be equipped and proceed to pull off their other effects". IDK, seems a frail strategy unless I'm missing something, which is probably the case. Final effect seems too convenient if indeed I'm not seeing something. Same turn you equip, you send it to the GY and replace it with whichever archetypal card (not even mon restricted) of your liking, adn this is from Deck or GY O_O''. I think the card should stay on the field at least one turn for this to work. If in truth this is restricted to the Xyz, then nvm.

Dark Impact - More or less the above, but overall more balanced

Royal Impact - Yeah, why not? xD

Finisher Impact - Looks good enough The direct damage is high enough to warrant those limitations, I think it's well balanced

Infernal Sword - Welp, violent. Made me remember the times of the Axe of Despair (+1000 ATK, OMG). Powercreep is powercreep, this card is fine being hella stronger (and yet, reserved for BBs)

Shield - Opposed to the above, this one is generic, is that intended? Btw, when combined with Blade Shogun that has obtained "unaffected by your opponent's card effects" you get a completely invulnerable mon, unless the opponent finds a way to Tribue/use it as material. That's no good.

Rank-Up - Looks good with capital G. Forgot to mention it earlier, but use GY instead of Graveyard.

Wut? I still have 9 cards to review? OMG, I need to eat lol. Later!

Thanks. Take your time too, no need to rush things. Also about both "Inheritance", the Buster Blader/Destruction Sword Archetype has a Synchro monster, "Buster Dragon", which allows the user to, during the opponent's turn, target 1 "Destruction Sword" monster in the GY, and equip it to a "Buster Blader" the user controls. Each "Destruction Sword" monster has two effects, which can be used or are activated while they are equipped to a monster. For example: "Dragon Buster Destruction Sword" (You can target 1 "Buster Blader" you control; equip this monster from your hand or your side of the field to that target. While this card is equipped to a monster, your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck. While this card is equipped to a monster: You can Special Summon this equipped card. You can only use this effect of "Dragon Buster Destruction Sword" once per turn).

Archived