The Most Beautiful Lady, "The Fairest of Them All"

Nede

DON'T STARE AT HER FOR TOO LONG OR YOU'LL FALL FOR HER BEAUTY!

EDITED : Thanks to @Rayfield Lumina

spacer.png

The Fairest of Them All

LIGHT/Link-2

Fairy/Link/Effect

2 monsters
You can move 1 monster this card points to to another unoccupied Monster Zone this card points to. You can target 1 monster you control; destroy it, then you can move this card to the unoccupied Monster Zone that target was. If this face-up card would leave the field by your opponent's card, you can destroy 1 monster you control that this card points to instead. You can only use each effect of "The Fairest of Them All" once per turn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She's the most beautiful creature to have ever graced the earth, you'd be considered one of the luckiest people if you ever have the chance to witness her beauty even from miles and miles away. It is said that her beauty shines radiantly like a fairy in the forest (hence LIGHT Fairy). No men can resist her allure, they would be by her side in an instant (Move 1 opponent card to your side this card points to) and ready to risk their life to protect her (destroy monster this card points to instead of destroying this card). I HOPE YOU DON'T FALL FOR HER BEAUTY...

@Nede you damn cheateeeer, this is the most shameless clickbait in YCM ever! 

Lol, I'm kidding (or am I not?)  This kinda felt like it was intended to me, the one who's weak to pretty waifus.

Anywho, a smol adjustment I recommend you make is:  You can move 1 card this card points --> You can move 1 monster this card points.

If this card is in a MMZ, it would be able to point at your Spell/Traps, and "move 1 card". That's problematic, so let's avoid that.

In addition, removed from the field is a term that was long since abandoned by Konami. Pls use " If this card would leave the field... On this, IDK if you have considered the fact that leaving the field also means being Tributed for effect/Tribute Summon or used as material. You care about the flavour of the card, so it doesn't make sense that a "man sacrifices himself" if this wondrous lady is used as material. In truth, from a realistic gameplay perspective, being able to destroy monsters this card points to to replace her as material sounds rather odd, but that's just my opinion.

Finally, unless her own movement to the zone of the destroyed monster is a flavour thing (does she eat them? xD), I'd rather make that effect non-mandatory

You can target 1 monster you control; destroy it, then you can move this card to the unoccupied zone that target was.

6 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

@Nede you damn cheateeeer, this is the most shameless clickbait in YCM ever! 

Lol, I'm kidding (or am I not?)  This kinda felt like it was intended to me, the one who's weak to pretty waifus.

Clickbait gonna get me views!

But honestly, I'm glad, my mindset of creating this card was "what if princesses/k-pop girls/waifus are actually hideous ogres that sprinkled magic on themselves to become beautiful and lure men just to eat them in the end?" So people like you should be careful!

Anywho, a smol adjustment I recommend you make is:  You can move 1 card this card points --> You can move 1 monster this card points.

If this card is in a MMZ, it would be able to point at your Spell/Traps, and "move 1 card". That's problematic, so let's avoid that.

In addition, removed from the field is a term that was long since abandoned by Konami. Pls use " If this card would leave the field... On this,

Ah okay, agreed, I'll change it later.

IDK if you have considered the fact that leaving the field also means being Tributed for effect/Tribute Summon or used as material. You care about the flavour of the card, so it doesn't make sense that a "man sacrifices himself" if this wondrous lady is used as material. In truth, from a realistic gameplay perspective, being able to destroy monsters this card points to to replace her as material sounds rather odd, but that's just my opinion.

First, I apreciate that you acknowledge me caring about the lore, it makes the card more alive and fun. Lore wise, wouldn't that make sense, the man rather sacrifised himself instead of seeing the girl he admire does it. But gameplay wise, yeah, it's going to get confusing... So should I just change it to "If this card would be destroyed and send to the GY"?

Finally, unless her own movement to the zone of the destroyed monster is a flavour thing (does she eat them? xD), I'd rather make that effect non-mandatory

You can target 1 monster you control; destroy it, then you can move this card to the unoccupied zone that target was.

Yes, it goes from town to town to allure men and eat them in the end. But gameplay wise, I know "moving" cards is not a strong or a popular gimmick in the game, but doing it freely without a cost seems note right for me, I don't know. I mean, this card can move to monster this card will point to to get protection from being destroyed by it's last effect.

53 minutes ago, Nede said:

Clickbait gonna get me views!

But honestly, I'm glad, my mindset of creating this card was "what if princesses/k-pop girls/waifus are actually hideous ogres that sprinkled magic on themselves to become beautiful and lure men just to eat them in the end?" So people like you should be careful!

Oh... fair enough...

n-no wait, what fair enough? That was cheap!

754879636567228486.png?v=1

51 minutes ago, Nede said:

First, I apreciate that you acknowledge me caring about the lore, it makes the card more alive and fun. Lore wise, wouldn't that make sense, the man rather sacrifised himself instead of seeing the girl he admire does it. But gameplay wise, yeah, it's going to get confusing... So should I just change it to "If this card would be destroyed and send to the GY"?

On second thought, you're right about the lore. As per the gameplay part, I have a better solution, if I may:

If this face-up card would leave the field by your opponent's card, you can destroy 1 monster you control that this card points to instead.

The deal is, banishment also counts as leaving the field. With this wording, you include that, as well as both card effect and battle destruction.

55 minutes ago, Nede said:

Yes, it goes from town to town to allure men and eat them in the end. But gameplay wise, I know "moving" cards is not a strong or a popular gimmick in the game, but doing it freely without a cost seems note right for me, I don't know. I mean, this card can move to monster this card will point to to get protection from being destroyed by it's last effect.

I actually appreciate column and zone moving effects, feels pretty strategic, and that's always nice to see, compared, specially, to a never-ending rain of dull Special Summons.

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

On second thought, you're right about the lore. As per the gameplay part, I have a better solution, if I may:

If this face-up card would leave the field by your opponent's card, you can destroy 1 monster you control that this card points to instead.

The deal is, banishment also counts as leaving the field. With this wording, you include that, as well as both card effect and battle destruction.

EDITED, thanks a lot for your advices!

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I actually appreciate column and zone moving effects, feels pretty strategic, and that's always nice to see, compared, specially, to a never-ending rain of dull Special Summons.

WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREED, I mean that's the advantage of a full text effect instead of terms used in Hearthstone, Shadowverse, etc, we can be very creative about. Well, even though might not be as competitively viable, but who cares, it's just plain old fun.

Archived