Anti-Spellcaster Cards

DuelistBigfoot

2 hours ago, DuelistBigfoot said:

Hi, this my first card, but I tired of seeing a lot dark magician decks. I'm designing cards specifically to counter them. I eventually plan adding more.

Congratz on the making of your first cards 🎉

Designing cards to specifically go for the head of a particular type is not very common and, from my particular perspective, not very advisable. I can understand that at some point one develops a hate for a certain type, for instance, I'd go right away for Dragons and Machines xD. Anywho, Allow me to help you with PSCT (Which means Problem Solving Card Text, or in other words, the correct grammar you should try to use in your cards, as you surely have noticed they use certain language structure).

Witch Hunt
Spellcaster monsters cannot attack or activate their effects.

This is a continuous effect. Therefore, there's no need to say "When X card is activated". The effects will be inherently there and will remain until the card is not face-up on the field.

Witch Hunter
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 Spellcaster monster your opponent controls; negate its effects, also destroy it.

Note that, again, I'm not using the card's actual name, but "This card". I decided to go for the "also" conjunction because that's the most flexible conjunction there is. Even if for some reason you can't negate the target's effect, you can still go for the destruction effect. With the "and" conjunction, you gotta do both (negate and destroy) and if you cannot do 1, you do neither.

Anywho, welcome to YCM n.n

Archived