New Music I made!

Loleo

First of all, congratz on having the courage to post something as personal as this. As you know well, I have 0 knowledge of music composition and I've only made 1 piece in my life, but while it's not the worst trash ever created, it's too lacking and I wouldn't dare posting it around here. Hence why I see making this kind of post as brave n.n

Your piece is haunting and mysterious. I heard it about 4 times before coming here and I'm playing it as I'm writing. Mmm... it would seem that the work is divided primarily in 3? My favourite part is the first one. IDK, none of them are bad at all, I simply feel the second (the part that starts roughly at 0:24 is a bit... disconnected from the others? And perhaps not as harmonic, but interesting and the most complex. As one could expect, first part introduces to the song softly and progressively into the mystery, then out of a sudden this... mild madness ensues, finally proceeding to denouement in a clearer rhythm that makes me feel a certain tension. This is pretty cool... from my eyes and ears of a dumb amateur I'll just say it could have a tiny bit more cohesion but it's nice overall.

Again, thanks for sharing, keep it up!

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to ask about the name. Because "Something New in 2" is kinda... eh? xD

2 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

First of all, congratz on having the courage to post something as personal as this. As you know well, I have 0 knowledge of music composition and I've only made 1 piece in my life, but while it's not the worst trash ever created, it's too lacking and I wouldn't dare posting it around here. Hence why I see making this kind of post as brave n.n

Thanks!

Your piece is haunting and mysterious. I heard it about 4 times before coming here and I'm playing it as I'm writing. Mmm... it would seem that the work is divided primarily in 3?

Yep First a Music box and Vibraphone then a Cello and Xylophone Lastly all 4 together!

My favorite part is the first one.

Fair it has the best pacing. The second one is too jumpy and the mixture got muddled.

IDK, none of them are bad at all, I simply feel the second (the part that starts roughly at 0:24 is a bit... disconnected from the others? And perhaps not as harmonic, but interesting and the most complex. As one could expect, first part introduces to the song softly and progressively into the mystery, then out of a sudden this... mild madness ensues, finally proceeding to denouement in a clearer rhythm that makes me feel a certain tension. This is pretty cool... from my eyes and ears of a dumb amateur I'll just say it could have a tiny bit more cohesion but it's nice overall.

It is the "same song" played 3 times with different instruments active

Again, thanks for sharing, keep it up!

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to ask about the name. Because "Something New in 2" is kinda... eh? xD

I don't have the best sense in naming all the time but it was supposed to be the unison of 2 parts. I was trying to mix Ievan polka and Tetris. Would have called it Bleak Lock as an anagram of Leak and Block (literally just moving the B) and it was supposed to have a tone to reference how Japan stole both songs.

Archived