Elemental HERO Sparkman (retrain)

Sleepy

b051909e90d1.jpg

Elemental HERO Sparkman
LIGHT Level 4 [Warrior/Effect] 1600/1400

When equipped with an Equip Card: Place 3 Spark Counters on it. If a card equipped to it has no Spark Counters, destroy that card. You can remove 1 Spark Counter from a card equipped to it to target 1 face-up monster; change its battle position, also, you can reveal 1 "HERO" Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck and add 1 "HERO" monster from your GY to your hand whose name is listed on it, and if you do, you can Fusion Summon the revealed monster using monsters from your hand/field as material.

- - - - - -

NOTES:
The bad news is that it no longer has Normal Monster support. Though the trade-off is probably more than enough.
You turn any equip spell into Spark Blaster + retrieval of 1 monster + Polymerization.... plus the equip card's original effect.

Because you can do the position change 3 times, it means Sparkman + any equip and 3 appropriate HERO monsters in the GY to retrieve, will result in you changing half the opponent's field to defense position and ending up with 2 Fusions on board. Mind you though, it pretty much almost only works on the anime Fusions so best case scenario you brought out Piercers like Plasma Vice and Darkbright, refreshing the effect of Necroshade in the process......

I recommend "Necroequip Mirror" for the equipping effect as it helps you extend without the Normal Summon, probably turn a floater card like Witch of the Black Forest into the equip (which will trigger once she leaves even though she's treated as an S/T), and well.... overall I just think it's a fun card, but you can also make use of "Armor Breaker" because there's a new card recently announced that lets you equip 1 proper Union from your deck to any monster.... OR "Cross Over" (Normal Spell that turns any Warrior into a 1 use Relinquished). There are options.

On 11/26/2021 at 6:26 PM, Loleo said:

Ok I just came back to look at this and The remove a counter effect needs to be a HOPT else it is a free triple recycle and polymerization and position change.

Being triple everything is how it is intended to work.
The only monsters it can Fusion Summon are:
-Flame Wingman
-Thunder Giant
-Plasma-Vice
-Darkbright
-Mariner
-Rampart Blaster
-Mudballman
-Steam Healer
-Electrum
-Shining Flare Wingman
-Tempest
-Wild Wingman
-Wild Edge
-Necroshaman
-Neos Knight
-Brave Neos
-Terra Firma
-Inferno

The monsters it can retrieve from the GY are mostly the anime Elemental HEROes only:
-Sparkman
-Clayman
-Avian
-Burstinatrix
-Bubbleman
-Wildheart
-Necroshade
-Bladedge
-Neos
-Heat
-Lady Heat
-Woodsman
-Ocean

It doesn't let you access any of the contact fusion Neos Fusions and doesn't let you go into the Masked HERO or omni HERO cards on its own. It is made for a deck that has you run a bunch of HERO cards that nobody runs anymore instead of your Shadow Mist/Stratos/Liquidman/Solidman that most people would rather be running. You can still access stuff like the omni-heroes but you have to fuse with something other than this card's effect as this Sparkman retrain only lets you Fuse into the Fusion whose specific names you used for its effect, and most of those need the Skyscrapper boost to really have any presence nowadays, none of them have any real floating or protection effects, and battle positions isn't really a huge effect.

In addition, having those normal monsters in the GY is a lot of setup that needs to be established before you can really reap the benefits and depending on the field during a duel, sometimes it'll be urgent for you to use Sparkman itself for the Fusion you need before it can burn all 3 uses.... and it requires Equip Spells which I don't think are otherwise a thing in HERO decks normally.

I can see how there could be an oversight from me but for now I don't think it'd result in something very game-breaking personally....

Archived