Xmas Post Santa Archetype [Written]

Santa's Little Helper Elf
lv 1 WATER
Fairy/Effect
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can choose up to 3 ''Santa" and/or "Christmas" cards, except "Santa's Little Helper Elf" from your deck reveal them to your opponent and your opponent randomly picks 1 to add to your hand and you shuffle the rest into the Deck, then your opponent draws 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Santa's Little Helper Elf" once per turn.
ATK/0 DEF/400

Santa's Deer
lv 4 WATER
Beast/Effect
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 ''Santa" or "Christmas" card in your GY; add it to your hand, then your opponent draws 1 card. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a Special Summoned monster: Destroy that monster, then your opponent draws 1 card. You can only use each effect of "Santa's Helper Elf" once per turn.
ATK/1600 DEF/400

Santa's Big Helper Elf
lv 7 WATER
Beast-Warrior/Effect
If this card is added to your hand by the effect of a ''Santa" or "Christmas" card: You can Special Summon this card from your hand If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add up to 2 ''Santa" and/or "Christmas" cards with different names from your deck to add to your hand and you shuffle the rest into the Deck, except "Santa's Big Helper Elf", then your opponent draws 1 card. During the Damage calculation only if this card battles a monster Special Summon from the Extra Deck: This card gains half the ATK of that monster and that monster's ATK is halved. You can only use each effect of "Santa's Big Helper Elf" once per turn.
ATK/2200 DEF/400

Santa Clause
lv 10 WATER
Beast-Warrior/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by sending to the GY 3 ''Santa" and/or "Christmas" cards with different names from your hand and/or field to the GY. If this card is Special Summoned: You can have each player draw cards equal to the number of cards sent to the GY to Special Summon this card, then each player takes a 500 damage for each card drawn by this effect. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: draw 2 cards, then discard 1, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of ''Santa" and/or "Christmas" cards in your GY x 300. You can only use each effect of "Santa Clause" once per turn. If your opponent Normal or Special Summons a monster(s), your opponent immediately loses 500 LP.
ATK/2500 DEF/3000

Demonic Santa Killause
lv 12 DARK
3 ''Santa" monsters with different names, including a "Santa Clause" + 1 DARK or Fiend monster
Fiend/Effect
Must be Fusion Summoned. This card cannot be targeted by card effects. If this is Fusion Summoned: You can activate this effect; Shuffle all other cards on the field into the Deck, your opponent draws 1 card and takes 2500 damage. Neither player can activate cards or effects in response to this card's activation. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. (Quick Effect): You can banish any number of 'Santa", "Christmas", cards and/or Fiend monsters from your GY; negate the effects of that many other face-up cards on the field and in your opponent's GY, until the end of your opponent's next turn. You can only use each effect of "Demonic Santa Killause" once per turn.
ATK/3600 DEF/2500

Christmas Present
Normal Spell Card
If you control 3 or more ''Santa" monsters with different names or "Santa Clause": Your opponent adds 1 card from their Main Deck to their hand, and if they do, add 1 card of a different type (Monster, Spel, or Trap) of the card added to your opponent's hand. You cannot activate other cards or effects during the turn you activate this card, except ''Santa" or "Christmas" cards. You can only activate 1 "Christmas Present" per turn.

Christmas Fusion
Quick-Play Spell Card
Fusion Summon 1 "Santa" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Material. If your opponent added card(s) from their Main Deck to their hand this turn, you can also use monsters in your Deck as Fusion Material. You can only activate 1 "Christmas Fusion" per turn.

Christmas Naughty and Nice List
Continuous Trap Card
If you control "Santa Clause", you can each time card(s) are added to your opponent's hand: Inflict 500 to your opponent for each card in their hand, then your opponent discards cards from their hand up to the number of "Santa" monsters you control with different names . If you do not control "Santa Clause": Destroy this card. You can only activate 1 "Christmas Naughty and Nice List" per turn.

surprised-pikachu.gif

This is GREEEAAAT I loved every card!

I'm being serious, you did an excellent work here! No wonder you said "I'm taking my time with this". Heck, I think I have no qualms about any of the cards, and I'm not saying this because this is an xmas post and I'm happier than usual to check it, it's truly very well done, with effects that actually make sense and are balanced by your opponent benefiting when needed, while others that at first glance seem pretty brutal, like that criminal's Killause's 2500 effect damage, are also well balanced by how hard it is to Summon the card itself and the no-Battle Phase clause. Peeeerhaps the only monster card I'd feel too scary is the bossu Santa, but eh, I wouldn't even call it overpowered, it's just very strong, and it's the boss! Lastly, there's a single card in the set that would worry me, which is the last one, Naughty and Nice List. Just imagine, your opponent with 5 cards in hand, if you control Santa that's 2500 damage, then discards lol. Then you summon little elf and bam, 3000 damage and discard, then you summon Deer and bam, 3500 damage, game LOL.

Anyway, awesome work, Zama, and this time you can ask for a hint in the Xmas Development Thread for any of the Cards at the top that haven't been revealed!

Archived